Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Am I the only person who absolutely hates Phil Mickelson? 

Can't stand the smug tw*t.

What a c*nt.

Nah, I can't stand the **** either.

I don't think he's massively popular with a lot of the players either.

Edited by Facecloth

17 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Am I the only person who absolutely hates Phil Mickelson? 

Can't stand the smug tw*t.

What a c*nt.

Bit harsh mate!

I thought the way he was gracious in defeat when losing to Stenson at the Open last year was pretty classy. Whether he's a cvnt or not he's one of the most entertaining golfers I've ever seen. 'Phil the thrill baby yeah!'

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Rose's to lose.  He is playing like an assassin while Sergio scrambles.

An 'assassin' is about right for Rose. He's a fvckin machine and I love his mental toughness. Sergio on the other hand, well, he's STILL the best player never to have won a major...

I'd love either of them to win this. Anyone but a yank really...

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bit harsh mate!

I thought the way he was gracious in defeat when losing to Stenson at the Open last year was pretty classy. Whether he's a cvnt or not he's one of the most entertaining golfers I've ever seen. 'Phil the thrill baby yeah!'

For me he is the epitamy of the annoying "Get in the hole" bullshit of American golf.

Plus he's said some pretty disrespectful stuff over the years about fellow players. Plus one year he completely changed his clubs for a new sponsorship right before the Ryder Cup, giving him no chance to get used to them. Purely for money. Fine mess your own game up, but that's a team game.

Edited by Facecloth

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bit harsh mate!

And I remember he was absolute class a few years back in the Ryder Cup when Justin Rose produced some world class shots to catch him up, actually applauding him and giving him the thumbs up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

For me he is the epitamy of the annoying "Get in the hole" bullshit of American golf.

Plus he's said some pretty disrespectful stuff over the years about fellow players. One year he completely changed his clubs for a new sponsorship right before the Ryder Cup, giving him no chance to get used to them. Purely for money. Fine mess your own game up, but that's a team game.

He's a crowd favourite and he's loved all over the world because of his aggressive and skilful play. It's not his fault that pissed up yanks shout stupid stuff.

And don't tell me you wouldn't change equipment for multi millions of dollars - even if it was just before the Ryder Cup.

I'm not sure who he's disrespected apart from Tom Watson, who was a shit RC captain.

Phil can be a tough guy to like. I'll admit when he's got on a good run at a major, I've jumped on his bandwagon. When he gets on a roll he's as good as anyone that's played the game. 

I don't think even Phil like's the "get in the hole!" generation lol

Edited by spacemunky

Is it Richi Persad doing the players interviews on BBC? If so, he's fvckin useless. Give me Tim Barter on Sky minus the adverts any day of the week. And with a female, Scottish presenter, I can't help thinking the BBC are just ticking the equality boxes...

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He's a crowd favourite and he's loved all over the world because of his aggressive and skilful play. It's not his fault that pissed up yanks shout stupid stuff.

And don't tell me you wouldn't change equipment for multi millions of dollars - even if it was just before the Ryder Cup.

I'm not sure who he's disrespected apart from Tom Watson, who was a shit RC captain.

I'm not gonna find them all because I'm watching the golf, but there's plenty of quotes out there of people saying they don't really like him. Read one once of a reporter asking a player about Mickelson being popular with the fans, and the response was "Well they don't know him like we do. He annoys everybody."

When he took a pager on to the course so he could know when his wife went into labour, most the players wanted to ring it. That's not something I'd do to someone I like.

And yeah the Yanks shout that at everyone, but he does seem to gee it up. 

Oh and as for the equipment, yeah I'd change, but I'd delay the change until it was just me it was effecting, not my team. Extremely selfish.

Edited by Facecloth