Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah can't believe Sky Bet have gone 8 places and 1/4 odds. Incredible offer. They are offering some very good prices as well. I've been banned from Sky Bet though (my own doing a few years ago) so all my antepost bets are with PP which is 6 places. All bookies will extend more places very soon, that's the price you pay for putting your bets on before the week of the event. I've only done this as I'd not have had the dough in my account had I left it. I've been putting bets on as and when I've won other bets.

I suppose the only bonus is I have bigger prices on all 3 than what is currently being offered by them. Swings and roundabouts. 

I've got a sneaky feeling for Snedeker but like you I can make a case for half the field. DJ and Spieth both offer no value. Matsuyama/Rahm are the two value big guns for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I suppose the only bonus is I have bigger prices on all 3 than what is currently being offered by them. Swings and roundabouts. 

I've got a sneaky feeling for Snedeker but like you I can make a case for half the field. DJ and Spieth both offer no value. Matsuyama/Rahm are the two value big guns for me.

Annoyingly, PP went 8 places too yesterday and the prices weren't cut to show any reflection in the change. So most of my bets are 6 places with them and you just know a couple of them are going to finish 7th or 8th or tied 6th and i'll get a reduced payout hahaaa. Matsuyama is my big e/w bet of the week. £25 e/w at 18/1.

I wish the likes of Woosie, Lyle, O'Meara and Mize would knock the Masters on the head now.

I appreciate they still qualify as past winners, but this isn't the Open with a big field.

They rarely make the cut, never in contention, and for me they deny good players just outside the top 50 a chance to play.

I'd much rather watch Poulter, Bradley, Donald and the like playing instead... 

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I wish the likes of Woosie, Lyle, O'Meara and Mize would knock the Masters on the head now.

I appreciate they still qualify as past winners, but this isn't the Open with a big field.

They rarely make the cut, never in contention, and for me they deny good players just outside the top 50 a chance to play.

I'd much rather watch Poulter, Bradley, Donald and the like playing instead... 

Id agree with this.

What makes it even tougher for the old school, is that in the Open, you can compete to an extent. You can run the ball around the course, take advantage of the firmness of the course and prevailing winds, and use a lot more creativity. There is also the potential for a lot more bad bounces and generally having to take your medicine.

Augusta is the total opposite. Damper fairways mown towards the players which means less roll, combined with approaches that need to be flighted high with long irons into small areas on the greens to be the right side of the pin.

Its a combination that just doesn't work. I don't think anyone wants to see a player they enjoyed seeing in his prime shooting a pair of 82s

Fowler is obviously a shout for Augusta but I've always felt he's a player who is capable of a hole of madness. He seems to make so many big numbers compared to the other top players to me. He takes 6 where others will make 5 and it costs him big time. Made two doubles down the closing stretch of his rounds already this week.

I can't really figure out why, he leads the tour in scrambling which suggests he's quite capable of rectifying his mistakes but he just throws 8's and 7's in there. I really don't get it. 

For me that's where he falls behind the likes of Spieth, McIlroy, DJ etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39476590

Harsh. 

Firstly when did TV viewers become officials. I'll start ringing up whilst I'm watching the football if that's the case!

Secondly it's one thing going back and retrospectively punishing her for an infringement that they missed originally, that's harsh enough anyway, but to give her a further 2 stroke penalty for signing off an incorrect scorecard from the previous day that was only incorrect because they missed something and went back to retrospectively punish her for it is a whole new level of harshness.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39476590

Harsh. 

Firstly when did TV viewers become officials. I'll start ringing up whilst I'm watching the football if that's the case!

Secondly it's one thing going back and retrospectively punishing her for an infringement that they missed originally, that's harsh enough anyway, but to give her a further 2 stroke penalty for signing off an incorrect scorecard from the previous day that was only incorrect because they missed something and went back to retrospectively punish her for it is a whole new level of harshness.

Absolutely shocking. I won £85 on Ryu winning but I wish I hadn't. Don't like that one bit.

• Like 1

The weather is going to be fairly heinous first two days, not sure if there's any bias yet as to morning or afternoon. If like me, you bet on first round leader market then this could be key. Last year was also windy on the opening day and Shane Lowry was 6 under through the opening 9 holes. He fell away back 9 but still finished in the top 5 for the opening round. He's around 100/1 FRL and I'm all over this again. Other great players in blustery conditions are Snedeker, Daniel Berger, Spieth, Knox and Charley Hoffman.

• Like 1

So who have people backed for The Masters?

Ive put £10 on Rory outright winner

£5 on Willet E/W

£5 on Leishman E/W

Now I know next to nothing about Golf but I watched a bit of The Masters last year and quite enjoyed it so will watch it again this year.

Be interesting to see how Johnson plays after his fall.

36 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So who have people backed for The Masters?

Ive put £10 on Rory outright winner

£5 on Willet E/W

£5 on Leishman E/W

Now I know next to nothing about Golf but I watched a bit of The Masters last year and quite enjoyed it so will watch it again this year.

Be interesting to see how Johnson plays after his fall.

I focus the majority of my betting on golf so this is a big week for me. I tend to get to Masters week with an antepost book covering a number of players from various weeks in the months and weeks leading up to the event. Sometimes covering more than a few players is just a waste of money but you get such great odds at times that you simply can't prevent it. I like to use any Cheltenham winnings on The Masters too so here's my bets.

Matsuyama £25 e/w 18/1 8 places

Matsuyama £20 WIN 25/1

Matsuyama £15 e/w 22/1 8 places

Fitzpatrick £5 e/w 80/1 6 places

Leishman £5 e/w 125/1 5 places

Ousthuizen £11 e/w 66/1 6 places

Hatton £5 e/w 60/1 6 places

McIlroy £20 WIN 15/2

McIlroy £5 WIN 11/1

Berger £3.50 e/w 100/1 6 places

Lowry £2.50 e/w 100/1 6 places

Koepka £3 e/w 70/1 8 places

Swafford £2.50 e/w 400/1 6 places

Dufner £3.50 e/w 125/1 8 places

Fowler £5 WIN 35/1

Snedeker £4 WIN 65/1

Knox £2 WIN 380/1

Hoffman £2 WIN 270/1

The win only bets are on betfair exchange and this is in the hope I've got some back to lay movement in play. My Matsuyama bet is made up of a free £50 bet and then some of my own money.

I've then covered my favourite market in golf, the first round leader.

Charley Hoffman £5 e/w 100/1 7 places

Berger £5 e/w 80/1 7 places

Steele £2.50 e/w 80/1 7 places

Good luck everyone. If you're wanting something different to standard golf betting then get involved in draft kings, it's like fantasy football but you can do it on golf, football, and American sports. There's some great games to get involved in this week for The Masters.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Mate I play with owns his own fencing business and is loaded. Thick as pig shit, but rich.

He rarely bets on golf but when he does he ALWAYS lumps on Dufner. No idea why, but he always fancies him.

Just got a text from him saying he's put £100 e/w on Dufner @ 150/1.

I'm just doing the maths....:blink:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I focus the majority of my betting on golf so this is a big week for me. I tend to get to Masters week with an antepost book covering a number of players from various weeks in the months and weeks leading up to the event. Sometimes covering more than a few players is just a waste of money but you get such great odds at times that you simply can't prevent it. I like to use any Cheltenham winnings on The Masters too so here's my bets.

Matsuyama £25 e/w 18/1 8 places

Matsuyama £20 WIN 25/1

Matsuyama £15 e/w 22/1 8 places

Fitzpatrick £5 e/w 80/1 6 places

Leishman £5 e/w 125/1 5 places

Ousthuizen £11 e/w 66/1 6 places

Hatton £5 e/w 60/1 6 places

McIlroy £20 WIN 15/2

McIlroy £5 WIN 11/1

Berger £3.50 e/w 100/1 6 places

Lowry £2.50 e/w 100/1 6 places

Koepka £3 e/w 70/1 8 places

Swafford £2.50 e/w 400/1 6 places

Fowler £5 WIN 35/1

Snedeker £4 WIN 65/1

Knox £2 WIN 380/1

Hoffman £2 WIN 270/1

The win only bets are on betfair exchange and this is in the hope I've got some back to lay movement in play. My Matsuyama bet is made up of a free £50 bet and then some of my own money.

I've then covered my favourite market in golf, the first round leader.

Charley Hoffman £5 e/w 100/1 7 places

Berger £5 e/w 80/1 7 places

Steele £2.50 e/w 80/1 7 places

Good luck everyone. If you're wanting something different to standard golf betting then get involved in draft kings, it's like fantasy football but you can do it on golf, football, and American sports. There's some great games to get involved in this week for The Masters.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Hoffman you beautiful, beautiful man. What a start. I'm gonna spend it all on green gloves.

• Like 4

If only Westwood and Garcia could putt - they'd have 10 majors between them. It pains me to watch them both miss those short ones and it's such a shame as tee to green they've always been among the best in the world. Golf is such a mental game and sadly those two just don't have it when it really matters...

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If only Westwood and Garcia could putt - they'd have 10 majors between them. It pains me to watch them both miss those short ones and it's such a shame as tee to green they've always been among the best in the world. Golf is such a mental game and sadly those two just don't have it when it really matters...

All the ability and no mental strength. The Spurs of golf.

• Like 1

I cannot wait for the final two rounds, this has the shaping of a brilliant major already. 

You've got past masters and major champions coupled with players who've been close and missed out, you've got some new faces at the top of a major leaderboard and of course Freddie rolling back the years yet again! 

From here I'd love to see Sergio win but I just can't see it unless he hammers the field for the next two days and has a big lead going up the last. Roll on the next two nights and for the sake of my bank balance Matsuyama, Rahm or McIlroy would be nice! 

I backed 6 players before the tournament, all 6 have made the cut which is the positive, but none of them are under par. Big Phil is probably my best hope, although his putting has been pretty poor, particularly on the back 9 yesterday. Shaping up to be a brilliant last 2 days with such a range of competitors towards the top with old boys, young guns and previous winners all up there. 

I did have this which has an outside chance at 100/1

Couples (Top Senior)

Kjeldsen (Top Scandinavian)

An (Top Korean)

Leishman (Top Aussie)

Enjoying it so far.

But it just does annoy me that when a ball has been hit and landed, a good number of spectators stand around it as if someone's collapsed on the floor..lol

Edited by Wymeswold fox