Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Is it Richi Persad doing the players interviews on BBC? If so, he's fvckin useless. Give me Tim Barter on Sky minus the adverts any day of the week. And with a female, Scottish presenter, I can't help thinking the BBC are just ticking the equality boxes...

That, sadly, is rather the point of Sky. Well, that and putting subscription money into the hands of that money-grubbing sociopath Rupert.

Ahem...anyway, amazed that Sergio has kept it together here.

Fvck me. This is great stuff. I think deep down the whole golfing world apart from Rose would like to see Sergio do this. On Seve's birthday too, it might just be written in the stars...

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not gonna find them all because I'm watching the golf, but there's plenty of quotes out there of people saying they don't really like him. Read one once of a reporter asking a player about Mickelson being popular with the fans, and the response was "Well they don't know him like we do. He annoys everybody."

When he took a pager on to the course so he could know when his wife went into labour, most the players wanted to ring it. That's not something I'd do to someone I like.

And yeah the Yanks shout that at everyone, but he does seem to gee it up. 

Oh and as for the equipment, yeah I'd change, but I'd delay the change until it was just me it was effecting, not my team. Extremely selfish.

Sounds like his fellow pros being jealous of his popularity, major wins and dollars in the bank. He may be unpopular amongst his peers but the fans love be him and he's great for golf. 

Anyway, let's agree to disagree and back to the golf...

What a birdie by Rose on 16. Match play moment and Sergio misses. 

28 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

And I remember he was absolute class a few years back in the Ryder Cup when Justin Rose produced some world class shots to catch him up, actually applauding him and giving him the thumbs up.

True, I forgot about that.

Still hate him though. There's also something wrong with playing left-hand,  especially as he's right handed at everything else.

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sounds like his fellow pros being jealous of his popularity, major wins and dollars in the bank. He may be unpopular amongst his peers but the fans love be him and he's great for golf. 

Anyway, let's agree to disagree and back to the golf...

What a birdie by Rose on 16. Match play moment and Sergio misses. 

Ok, but one last thing, apparently Tiger hates him. Don't think he's jealous, do you? lol 

Anyway, Sergio Spursing it up again with his putting! lol 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ok, but one last thing, apparently Tiger hates him. Don't think he's jealous, do you? lol 

Anyway, Sergio Spursing it up again with his putting! lol 

Of course Tiger hates him, Phil was his biggest rival and threat for years. Tiger is an absolute stroker though and should just retire gracefully lol

Anyway, this duel is great stuff :thumbup: