Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

On 12 May 2017 at 08:24, GaelicFox said:

Cantlay off to a flyer 

Can't believe that final round, so unlike him but Sawgrass can eat you up at a blink of an eye. 

Tony Finau and Robbie Shelton at big odds this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-22 at 22:08, Izzy Muzzett said:

So Ian Poulter loses his card in the US but says it's no problem. Mmmm, I wonder what the future holds for him now?...

In other news, I played the Forest of Arden today. What a beautiful golf course in a picturesque setting with wild deer roaming about. I couldn't read the greens for love nor money and it doesn't help when all the corporate traffic don't know how to repair their pitch marks - cvnts!!

Also got an invite to play Walton Heath in June. Anyone on here played it? 

Not Walton but I have played Forest of Arden and the deer didn't seem too concerned about it, which was encouraging!  It was a while ago and only a friendly off the whites but I was reasonably pleased to keep the round in the mid-80s. It wouldn't have won any prizes but then golf's always that harder on an unfamiliar course so I was just glad to enjoy the experience. lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Forget balding he is one ugly mega rich dude.

Would you trade in your looks to be in his shoes? 

He's one ugly mega rich dude with a lot of problems, women and violent behaviour being two of them.

And no, I wouldn't want to trade places. I wouldn't want to face the issues he's having.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

He's one ugly mega rich dude with a lot of problems, women and violent behaviour being two of them.

And no, I wouldn't want to trade places. I wouldn't want to face the issues he's having.

I'd swap my looks ,issues and talent for his

although I'm quite an ugly estate agent .

Whats to lose?

• 2 weeks later...

US Open this week chaps! Erin Hills looks a bit of a beast and very little previous to go on. Looks to be a course where driving distance will suit, as well as strokes gained tee to green. The fairways aren't as tight, so although finding the fairways is key, the rough is that long that everyone is going to suffer at some point. But the players who bomb it will have much shorter irons in and take advantage.

I'll be back with my picks after I've done my research. I am very keen on Branden Grace and John Rahm though, the former has been very good in the last two US Opens and Rahm's game is made for this. He was 23rd last year on his debut in the US Open and we needn't look to hard to see what he's one since then. He's a machine.

Fowler, Rose and Oosthuizen for me. 

Really think it's about time Fowler won and either Open seem his best bet to me. JR has to be one of the most under rated golfers around, major champion, Olympic champion and always goes seemingly under the radar despite his class. 

Notably Spieth, Henley, Koepka, Justin Thomas and a few others are the few who have played here before if I remember right. 

I always seem to fall into the trap of ignoring the Europeans in the US Majors, but I don't fancy McIlroy, Stenson, Noren etc. I can only see Garcia, Rose, Casey or Rahm out of the Europeans winning picking up a win here but who knows it could be another Danny Willett! 

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader
  • Like 1

I've given up trying to predict Major winners seeing as the last six or so have all been first timers lol

There's so little to choose between the top players these days. On their day, any one of about 40 of them are capable of winning it.

I suppose a 'bomber' must be favorite at Erin Hills, so the usual suspects will get mentioned.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Day, DJ, Rahm and Rory all up there, but who knows.

As long as it's exciting and not a procession, and as long as a Brit/European wins - that's all that matters :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've given up trying to predict Major winners seeing as the last six or so have all been first timers lol

There's so little to choose between the top players these days. On their day, any one of about 40 of them are capable of winning it.

that's what makes it such a fun betting event tbf 

• Like 1

Although he's north of 50, short hitter and a nearly man I'm big in to Steve Stricker this week in his hometown. He was refused a place initially and had to qualify which he did. He's a plotter with an exceptional driving game and although he's not long, his GIR from 175-225 yards is the best in the game. I think he'll creep in to contention as the tournament unfolds. 150/1 8 places, yes please.

I've done my usual and covered a load of players, but my best work in golf is always in first round leader markets. I had Hoffman at Augusta this year and Lowry at both Augusta and US Open last year.

The men for me this week are David Lingmerth 125/1 7 places. He is in great form and is a FRL machine, he was leading 2 weeks ago after the 1st round so at that price it's a no brainer. He's also out early which I like in majors.

Jordan Neibrugge 200/1 7 places. This chap is unknown to most but he finished 6th in the British Open at St Andrews in 2015 and this is his home state. He's hugely talented and going low early doors is more than do-able. He's the first group out. I've also got him 300/1 8 places outright but I'm much more confident in him being in the mix after round one.

George Coetzee 150/1 7 places. Coetzee is a huge hitter with a decent short game and South Africans love majors. His compatriot Branden Grace is my biggest bet of the week as he's placed twice in the last 2 US Opens but Coetzee can go low early on quite easily. Afternoon starter.

My biggest FRL fancy is Bryson DeChambeau who actually has some solid course form at Erin Hills. He won a college event here and then finished 3rd in it a year after. Different class but he's experience all the same. He's a huge hitter and when his game is on song he's a beast. He's also been known to go very low early on and a 15th finish last year at Congressional shows he's cut out for this tournament. He tees off in the afternoon but at 175/1 7 places I'm very bullish.

• Like 1

Backed a few as per, most of which have been mentioned in one way or another.

Rickie Fowler - Pretty much every tipster is saying this course is made for him, and bar last week's blob he is playing pretty well.

Justin Rose - Big tournament player. Mentally I think he will bounce back well from narrowly losing out on the Green Jacket.

Brooks Koepka - Played at the course back in 2011, big hitter which the course suits. When he gets hot he can burn up but always has the implosion in him.

Jason Duffner - In great form on the tour winning after nearly chucking it away 2 weeks ago. Putter is almost at the level it was at when he won the US a few years back.

Matt Kuchar - I back him in every major. Blind loyalty more than anything here. His putting is first class but may get caught out for distance.

Steve Stricker - Very selective in tournaments he plays these days. Very steady and can putt better than most. His lasting power may be his downfall over 4 rounds.

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Casey better not win. Had him in The Masters and was going to go on him here but mistakenly double bet on Fisher so didn't bother.

If Casey wins there will be much gnashing of teeth. Even a place would be painful :(

I used to like Casey but he's a plastic yank now.

Pretty much gave us his chance to play Ryder Cup again by not re-joining the European Tour so he can go swivel.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won this week though. He's got the power, length and short game to do it.

I forget he was number 3 in the world at one time. Still a quality player...

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I used to like Casey but he's a plastic yank now.

Pretty much gave us his chance to play Ryder Cup again by not re-joining the European Tour so he can go swivel.

Wouldn't be surprised if he won this week though. He's got the power, length and short game to do it.

I forget he was number 3 in the world at one time. Still a quality player...

Agreed - smug bugger IMO 

Mrs Casey is quite fit mind - makes me dislike him that little bit more.

IMG_0545.thumb.JPG.2391b3787ff5862f0c0154ce68b1b10b.JPG

• Like 1

I had a feeling that Patrick Reed would do well before play started today. For once I actually trusted my gut and put a fiver on him to win the whole thing e/w at 125/1

He's now in to 14/1 and only a couple off the lead.

Come on Reed you annoying Yank WUM!!

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

Fleetwood, Henley and Steele left for me but all win only on betfair. It's so tight at the top and if the wind picks up it could bring several others in to play. I might look to trade and get out of this tournament. I love Fleetwood and he's a decent wind player but I could turn a £150 profit if I traded. Will see what happens first 4-6 holes today. If Henley and Steele start well it'll strengthen my book.

Mullinax 8 places is probably a step too far but at 1000/1 it would be .lovely