Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Golf really is the ideal outdoor pursuit that should have very little impact on the spread of the virus, bar of course the potential for an influx of golfers all wanting to play the one thing that they might be allowed to do during this semi lockdown at the same time. I was out jogging this morning and cut through past my local course and it looked mythical and pristine in the early morning sun, gutted not to be able to be playing right now.

• Like 2

What would happen if you just went out on to a course? Is it better or worse if it's your own? Would you get caught? What would the punishment be? Assume there wouldn't be pins/holes on the greens but could still knock it about.

Nobody's going to be there so it's not as though it's unsafe.

Edited by Nod.E

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

4A2D2FC1-69A2-4AC2-BE7A-1EE7768BCB57.jpeg

This is my Golf Dream & nightmare....My First day back at this Animal of a course and my tears & fears  will be conquered....!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

On 03/04/2020 at 10:07, Bert said:

3 majors and the Ryder to be competed this year. 

How did you know this last week Bert? ITK?

It’s only just been announced today that the Open has been cancelled :(

The Masters in November will be different for sure. Only 3 majors is shite though. Gutted no open this year :unsure:

Gutted about The Open, it's by far the most enjoyable major for me. Augusta being a very close second. 

It does seem a bit premature to write it off completely, surely you can see how the land lies in July/August time and set an September/October Open up. A links at that time of year would be a great one off challenge. 

Not entirely unexpected but I'm a bit surprised they've not at least given it a go. Although with the retards across this country I can't see us getting much golf this year. 

• 1 month later...

Bought some “new” (2nd hand) irons last night, coming Tuesday. Went with the Ping I-series, mainly for the price, I think I paid just over £200 for 4-PW and GolfBidder have classified them as good condition. Also read that they’re pretty forgiving whilst still allowing you to work the ball. I wanted some of the big chunky G-Max, but I couldn’t find any on there with the right lie angle for me. 

Just need my scores to come down now to solidify the investment! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Found my feet a bit with the new irons...

Had what felt like a horrible front 9 today but shot 44 on the way back for a 97 all in. 40 points too :o...seriously need to have a look at my handicap though, feel like it’s a tad too high at the mo but need to consistently try and play to it and challenge myself. 

Anybody else playing during lockdown and if so, where and how’s it going? 

Edited by Manini

• 2 weeks later...

Glad they've postponed the Ryder Cup until next year, it would have been shite without fans there.

Shame we've now got to wait until 2021 but the right call IMO.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

First major of the year this week, doesn't feel the same without it being Augusta either! 

Hard to look past JT, but Brooks was showing signs again last week. Xander Schauffele has been on my major radar for a long time and he will win one soon. 

Not had a detailed look yet to report an outside chance to you all, anyone got any fancies?

25 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

First major of the year this week, doesn't feel the same without it being Augusta either! 

Hard to look past JT, but Brooks was showing signs again last week. Xander Schauffele has been on my major radar for a long time and he will win one soon. 

Not had a detailed look yet to report an outside chance to you all, anyone got any fancies?

Hedged my bets. 

Would be surprised if JT wins after winning at the weekend but he’s certainly good enough to back it up. I think Brooks will be up there. He’s -74 in majors since 2016 which is just stupid. 

Ive gone with some money on Jon Rahm, just a gut feeling. I’ve also put some money on Bryson because If he gets it right I don’t see how he cant be up there given the distances he’s hitting at the mo, I also expect him to have mixed up his lengths on his short irons for this so think he will be solid around the greens. I’ve also put £2 on Tiger because Tiger and you always bet on Tiger in a major. 

Be good to see one of Fleetwood or Rose challenging (or both). 

Thomas, Rahm, DeChambeau, D.Johnson and Simpson all been in the winners circle since the tour returned. 

Koepka needed a good week, may have finally hit form again at the right time.

Schauffele always on my major radar too, Morikawa and Hovland both been in good form but might be a bit early for them.

I love majors week but struggling to get up for this. It’s just not the same without the fans. 
The usual suspects have all been mentioned and I’d probably go for DJ if I was having a flutter. It’s a monster course with some proper long par 4s and the weather ain’t great so I’ll be amazed if a big hitter doesn’t win.

Gary Woodland at 40/1 might be a decent outside bet.

On 05/08/2020 at 12:48, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Ended up plumping for: 

Berger 33/1

Simpson 22/1

Day 33/1 

Leishman 66/1

Bring it on.