Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Watching Adam Scott putt with the long putter seems no different to before the no anchoring rule was introduced. Similarly when you see Bernhard Langer & Justin Harding putt.

I assume they are not anchoring as I'm sure the other players would pull them up, but it just seems wrong. The ruling bodies should have restricted the putter length when the anchoring rule was reviewed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kingfox said:

DJ does this...

Only for Jon Rahm to do this...

I watch less televised golf with each passing year, but I had an hour before starting dinner so turned on the last few holes of this.

What a reward!  An insanely fun, "these guys are wizards" moment.   If they rerun highlights in the UK, watch them!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the average score will be about +6 today.

I know the US Open is supposed to be tough but it's not great viewing watching the worlds best keep chunking it out of the deep rough and making double.

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

Looks like the average score will be about +6 today.

I know the US Open is supposed to be tough but it's not great viewing watching the worlds best keep chunking it out of the deep rough and making double.

The USGA are clowns, it happens every year and the problem is this was yesterday you posted it. So it will only get worse over the weekend when they dry the greens out. Seeing Reed at -4 they won't like that. The disappointing thing for me is they tend to play fantastic courses with great designs, but it gets USGA'd and turned into a bit of a farcical major instead of the brilliant major that it should be. 

Chambers Bay was one of the most farcical and they then see an under par score win in a subsequent year and they don't like it. Their ego gets the better of them so they just try to make good golfers look stupid. 

I do quite enjoy the pros struggling like we do, but not at the expense of fairness which the US Open does. 

Hitting it 3 yards off the fairway and only being able to see your ball when you're basically stood on top of it is just stupid. I don't know why they don't have more cuts of rough like every other tour event. Sure tighten it up, maybe give them a smaller first cut than a regular tour event but missing it by 3 yards and struggling to reach the green is not fair golf in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Golf courses to be closed from Thursday according to sky.

Makes absolutely no sense.

A walk in a park is allowed.

A walk in a park with a club in your hand? Not allowed.

I thought you could exercise outdoor with one other person from a different household so two balls should be allowed?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I thought you could exercise outdoor with one other person from a different household so two balls should be allowed?

I thought so too, but just read an article on Sky specifically saying golf is not allowed in one of the bullet points.

Here

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'll admit I'm a fair-weather golf watcher. Love watching all the majors/Ryder Cup etc, not much else.

But how have I only just found out the Masters in a couple of weeks?

They only announced it back in April tbf :D

It's gonna be really weird seeing the course in Autumn and with no spectators. And because of less daylight it'll be a two-tee start which I hate in majors.

I'll obvs still watch every minute but it's just won't be the same this year for so many reasons. 

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

They only announced it back in April tbf :D

It's gonna be really weird seeing the course in Autumn and with no spectators. And because of less daylight it'll be a two-tee start which I hate in majors.

I'll obvs still watch every minute but it's just won't be the same this year for so many reasons. 

Absolutely love watching The Masters, just the tradition of it all and the beauty of the course. Just assumed it had been postponed for the year.

3 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Absolutely love watching The Masters, just the tradition of it all and the beauty of the course. Just assumed it had been postponed for the year.

They cancelled the Open and postponed the Ryder Cup but the three US majors were all rescheduled for different times of the year. Augusta is beautiful in Spring with all the azalais but it will look a bit different in November I reckon. I love the tradition too but it'll be odd without any patrons there although I'm intrigued to see what the extended grounds look like without fans and grandstands. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Manini said:

Was coming in to post the same thing. Hands down the best shot I’ve ever seen. 

Same. Not that I watch much golf but even so, impressive is a vast understatement! 

2nd hole in one in 2 days, and on his birthday today as well!