Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcmatt93

More Moves?

Bit of a tricky situation for him now we're in good form. A signing or two could upset the morale and dynamics of the squad at this point. If we'd had a bad Christmas and January I think he would've definitely added a couple of players, especially a combative centre mid.

I'd still like us to bring in a couple of players just to cover injuries. We don't want that to be the reason we miss out on promotion. If NP thinks he has enough in the squad to have a serious go at the automatics then I'm more than happy

Do you think NP will be using the transfer window in the next week before it shuts.

Maybe a last minute deal perhaps? Who knows

Do you think NP will be using the transfer window in the next week before it shuts.

Maybe a last minute deal perhaps? Who knows

Answered your own question there fella :thumbup:

Not vital but I agree maybe a loanee.

It's refreshing to not be in a rush to have to sign anyone, good organisation and I expected no less from NP.

I actually find deadline day, or more the clubs in it, to be a bit of a joke. Nothing but panic buys and playing up for the media, even making signings in the process.

The kind of day clubs like QPR go mad on.

Its a nice idea to think that we are actually in a driving seat at the moment, certainly we would welcome one or two quality players, we arent desperate for them. Maybe a couple of Prem clubs will be looking to us to develop their players, NP has the luxury (maybe) of them coming to him..instead of us, cap in hand to them.

I don't really like Gary Neville, but he comes out with some good stuff:

"You can generally tell when a club is badly run as they're the ones doing business on transfer deadline day."

Which is a very good point. Nigel doesn't seem the kind of manager to rush things at the last minute - look at Wood, signed and sealed by the 1st. I'm thinking if he hasn't brought anyone else in by now, that might be it for this window.

Plus - KingFox; Do you seriously think that Pearson is going to sell a player he bought for a million quid about 6 months ago? Have a word with yourself.

A couple of years ago Forest were third, witha number of games in hand - they didn't add to their squad in January. Many believe this cost them promotion as they got injuries to key players, became jaded and some lost form. I'm just a little worried that this scenario may be our downfall.

A couple of years ago Forest were third, witha number of games in hand - they didn't add to their squad in January. Many believe this cost them promotion as they got injuries to key players, became jaded and some lost form. I'm just a little worried that this scenario may be our downfall.

But we have added to our squad, in the one place it really looked like we needed to. The rest of the squad looks fine to me, we've got options all over the pitch. The only place I'd like to see a bit more cover is at LB and maybe on the wings.

But if the squad stays as it is now, I wouldn't have any problem with that whatsoever - to quote NP, we need to stop 'collecting players'.

We do have a very small squad, but so far it's worked in our favour. Nigel is astute in the loan market, more often than not. I'd love us to add another winger to cause more upset to teams for the remainder of the season and I do think we're a central midfielder shy but that can be sorted via an emergency loan if one of ours gets injured.

That Marco Rojas at Melbourne Victory, Chris Woods mate is available for £500,000. I know massive clubs are after him but if we showed real intent he might prefer a move to us than going to a big club and not playing much. Him and Knockaert would have a field day.

Ideally we would bring in a central midfielder and another winger to replace Wellens and Gallagher as squad options that could improve further and have potential for me I would like us to sign.

Luke Murphy - Crewe Alex

Matt Ritchie - Swindon Town.

Amazed at how Man United had paid £10 million for Zaha.

How much does that make Knockaert worth?? He might be a year older, and not english, but he already has more goals and assists this season in his first year in English Football.

Archived