Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Udders Field - City player ratings ?

Kasper 6 - Decent save from close range, but his kicking frustrates me so much.

De Laet 7

Morgan 7 - Man of the match for me, hardly beaten.

Keane 7 - Solid.

Konchesky 6 - A few errors but decent throughout.

Marshall 6

Wellens 5 - Legs have gone as everyone could see, sadly. Glad to see him back though.

King 6

Dyer 5 - Constantly inside leaving no option for the strikers, midfield and left back.

Waghorn 5

Vardy 5 - Tried but lacked quality.

Kasper 6

De Laet 7

Morgan 8

Keane 6

Konchesky 7

Marshall 6

King 6

Wellens 3 - I don't mind Wellens but that was a completely abysmal performace

Dyer 5 - seems to drift inside far too much

Waghorn 5

Vardy 5

Nugent 6

Wood 7

Drinkwater 7 - midfield looked better when he came on

Kasper 7 Few very decent point blank saves today. Also dealt well with the majority of crosses.

De Laet 7 Lovely assist. Only got forward once Wood and Nugent were on though.

Morgan 8 Absolute rock yet again. Bit careless in possession first half though.

Keane 6 Struggled a bit for me. Wasn't as composed on the ball either.

Konchesky 6 No understanding at all with Dyer. Had little protection from Dyer so was exposed quite a lot.

Dyer 4 Awful. Giving away the penalty summed up his day. Lived up to his surname.

Wellens 5 Clearly not match fit. Tried hard but you can't blame him, Pearson should never have started him.

King 6 Average all round really. No real influence on the game.

Marshall 7 The bright spark of the first half, was the only one who seemed bothered.

Vardy 4 Not good enough. Needs to go out on loan.

Waghorn 4 Also not good enough. Should have squared to Vardy early on but chose to run himself into traffic instead.

Wood 7 Great finish for the goal. Changed the game when he and Nugent came on.

Nugent 7 Looked sharp when he came on. Didn't really have any chances though.

Drinkwater 7 Looked after the ball so much better when he came on. Superb goal line clearance as well.

Kasper 7

RDL 7

Konch 6

Morgan 7

Keane 6

Dyer 4 - what an awful performance. Made Koncheskys game a lot harder. Didn't stuck to his position until the 70th minute, gave away a own and offered little.

Marshall 7

Wellens 5

King 5

Waggy 5

Vardy 5

Nuge 6

Wood 7

Drinkwater 6

Schmeichel 6.5 - not bad but I worry about his over-preference for punching instead of catching these days. A few dodgy kicks too

De Laet 7 - didn't seem to get going at all until the subs came on, possibly because the ball wasn't getting held up at the top so he was having to maintain his position defensively. Good assist for the goal and generally pretty solid.

Morgan 7.5 - probably edges MOTM. A beast as usual defensively but his distribution was poorer than usual.

Keane 7 - dIdn't do quite as much defensively as Wes but was very solid once again and moved the ball about well.

Konchesky 6 - felt a bit sorry for him because I think his performance was made to look worse by Dyer's headless chicken approach to positioning today. Had to do a lot of the wing work himself.

Marshall 6 - showed desire but little quality for the first hour. Another who improved when the subs came on.

Wellens 4 - seems like his days are numbered. Really poor, only seemed to pass backwards with the exception of a few attempted hollywood balls forwards which didn't end up anywhere near a City player.

King 4 - very disappointed in King today. Seemed his touch wasn't there and seemed to get dominated by their midfield.

Dyer 5 - his positioning was extremely poor today. His work on the ball wasn't too bad and his overall work rate was good.

Waghorn 4 - worst performance I've seen him put in for a long time. Poor touch, poor decisions, no strength or quality.

Vardy 4.5 - equally as poor as Waghorn but with slightly more endeavour. My faith in him as a long term option has gone unfortunately.

Nugent 6.5 - contributed to a much improved last half hour

Wood 7.5 - goal machine. Took his goal well and tested Smithies with another good effort from outside the box.

Drinkwater 7 - we actually looked like a capable side again in midfield when he came on. Seemed to bring others who had been performing poorly back into the game too.

Schmeichel 7 - Dealt with everything well, a couple of good punches under pressure and a good save from a header than their striker should have buried.

De Laet 7 - At times was our best attacking outlet and untroubled at the back. Loved his little kick out at Alan Lee the pikey.

Morgan 7 - Again, some excellent blocks and headers. Not a foot wrong.

Keane 7 - Composed and controlled the game at the start. Picked up a cheap booking but otherwise good.

Konchesky 5 - Woeful again... always positioning as far away from the winger as possible and expecting Dyer to cover him because of his lack of pace. Woeful distribution.

Marshall 6 - Seemed to be the only one who was closing down up top first half and is picking up a decent partnership with De Laet.

Wellens 4 - So off the pace.

King 5 - Unsupported by Wellens and was unwilling to do anything about it.

Dyer 6 - Harsh ratings on here. Was the only one to react after a ball spilled out following one of our corners and Huddersfield spilt out into a 2 on 1, Dyer sprinted a full 70 yards to get back and put a last man tackle in. Was our best spark towards the end and put numerous crosses in. Unfortunate with the peno, cvnt dived, I was dead in line with it. Can't do anything with that clown behind him.

Waghorn 4 - Offered little.

Vardy 5 - Slightly better than Waghorn, won a couple of headers, closing down and willing to be on the ball. Evidently low on confidence and our fans jeering him going off will do nothing to boost his confidence.

Nugent/Wood/Drinkwater - 7's, changed the game as a unit and the presence of Nugent and Wood up top in particular caused Huddersfield's centre halves to crap themselves.

Our fans 0 - Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. 3 of us were singing midway throughout the first half trying to get something going. People look at us like twats so when I start 'Sing your hearts out for the lads' for a good two minutes, people just look at me like I'm a twat. One minute later and all the w*nkers are singing 'Pearson sort it out' and then they boo the team off. Then they jeer Vardy off the pitch - yeah that will do the lads' confidence some wonders :rolleyes: It seemed as if they only fancied singing once Wood and Nugent came on to the pitch. Pathetic.

Schmeichel- 7 (One fine close range save)

De Laet- 6 (Tried to get it going, good cross for the goal)

Morgan- 7 (Typical Morgan display)

Keane- 7 (Hardly troubled)

Konchesky- 6 (Felt for him, tried to get forward but Dyer offered little support)

Marshall- 6 (Didn't see a lot of the ball but one great ball to De Laet)

Wellens- 3 (Clearly not ready)

King- 5 (Not a lot went right)

Dyer- 3 (Sorry, he didn't do much attacking wise, gave away a penalty)

Vardy- 4 (Has lost all confidence)

Waghorn- 4.5 (Extra half point for having our only shot in the first half)

Subs- 7 each (Improved when they came on)

Oh, the irony. Somebody doesn't know how to use a comma :thumbup:

Indeed! He could also do with the odd capital letter, semi-colon and exclamation mark, I'd say....though I'm not too hot on commas myself. I'll have a go below, seeing as I'm a preachy pedant...

Oh and that was a statement and not a question but apart from that baldy it was excellent use of english.

"Oh, and that was a statement and not a question; but apart from that, Baldy, it was excellent use of English!"

I hope that the addition of 3 commas, 1 semi-colon, 2 capital letters and 1 exclamation mark have improved matters?

Can I have my smart-arse of the year award now, or are further improvements possible?

Guest BlueBrett
Oh, the irony. Somebody doesn't know how to use a comma :thumbup:

Few things more irritating than people who think sticking commas everywhere demonstrates a firm grasp of grammar. Absolutely no need for one here unless you are trying to impersonate that fat bird from Gavin and Stacy.

Indeed! He could also do with the odd capital letter, semi-colon and exclamation mark, I'd say....though I'm not too hot on commas myself. I'll have a go below, seeing as I'm a preachy pedant...

"Oh, and that was a statement and not a question; but apart from that, Baldy, it was excellent use of English!"

I hope that the addition of 3 commas, 1 semi-colon, 2 capital letters and 1 exclamation mark have improved matters?

Can I have my smart-arse of the year award now, or are further improvements possible?

You've truly put him to shame now :thumbup:

[/size]

Few things more irritating than people who think sticking commas everywhere demonstrates a firm grasp of grammar. Absolutely no need for one here unless you are trying to impersonate that fat bird from Gavin and Stacy.

lol Maybe that's the case for you, but for me, there are few things more annoying than a hypocrite or illiterate people :)

Kasper 7.5 - good point blank save

De Laet 6.5

Morgan 7

Keane 7.5 - loveley ball out wide for the goal, composed as ever

Konchesky 6

Marshall 6

Wellens 4 - looks knackered

King 5 - did he play?

Dyer 5

Vardy 3 - clueless

Waghorn 4 - garbage

Nugent 7.5