Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

12 more wins should do it for automatic promotion

FEBRUARY

SAT09FEB 2013

Peterborough

K.O. 15:00

A

TUE19FEB 2013

Charlton

K.O. 19:45

H

SAT23FEB 2013

Blackpool

A

TUE26FEB 2013

Blackburn

H

MARCH

SAT02MAR 2013

Ipswich

A

TUE05MAR 2013

Leeds

H

SAT09MAR 2013

Sheff Wed

H

SAT16MAR 2013

Derby

K.O. 17:20

A

FRI29MAR 2013

Millwall

H

APRIL

MON01APR 2013

Barnsley

A

SAT06APR 2013

Brighton

A

TUE09APR 2013

Cardiff

A

SAT13APR 2013

Birmingham

H

TUE16APR 2013

Bolton

H

SAT20APR 2013

Crystal Palace

A

SAT27APR 2013

Watford

H

MAY

SAT04MAY 2013

Nottingham Forest

K.O. 12:45

But which games are they going to come from fellow City fans?

12 wins may be a big ask but it's up to those below us to do better than us, they haven't managed it in the last couple of weeks. I think we'll probably need less than 12 for promotion but more to catch Cardiff. It doesn't matter whether we catch them or not but it'll be easier to win if we concentrate on catching them rather than staying ahead of everyone else

Forest, p'boro are defo

Forest won't be anything other than a draw... same as usual.

I need to borrow someone else's fingers to count how many times we've come unstuck at 'easy' P'boro and actually ended up losing there, despite how much stronger & better than them we supposedly are.

We're about to enter the time of year where teams near the bottom aim to pick up near two points per game & they'll be motivated like never before.

Well, at current rates 12 wins isnt needed.

If you divide 3rd place Hulls 50 points by 28 games they have played then they are running at 1.78 points per game. So at that rate they are on course for 82 points. Teams further down obviously have a rate even less.

So i agree with others, barring some team putting an amazing run together, i think 2nd spot this year wont require as much as normal. 84 or 85 points might do it. 9 wins and 3 or 4 draws might well be enough

So here we go again - winning games before they're played! The only game that matters now is Peterborough away. And I'm 100% sure that will be the only game Pearson will be focused on. Start looking ahead of yourself and you'll soon get a shock.

So here we go again - winning games before they're played! The only game that matters now is Peterborough away. And I'm 100% sure that will be the only game Pearson will be focused on. Start looking ahead of yourself and you'll soon get a shock.

Who do you want first day of the season in the Prem?

I'd quite fancy the Emirates myself.

It isn't getting ahead of ourselves just appreciating the required amount of wins that sees us promoted, obviously the one game approach theory pays dividends to the players and staff but as fans cannot we get ahead of ourselves or not ;)lol

Would be nice to already have caught Cardiff and be champions by the time we go to Forest :ph34r:

Then Forest would have to give us a guard of honour onto the pitch and watch us get the trophy after :D:trumpet:

O and for good measure an FA cup final appearance the week after ;):scarf: :scarf:

RIght im off for my medication now !! :beer:

This thread is really disturbing, the overconfidence is startling....... :o

At present, us, Palace, Watford and Hull look well placed to make a run on 2nd and I can see no reason why we could think that we are in for anything other than a tough fight.

I fear Watford and Palace particularly, both are capable of going on good runs and despite the fact that we have won 5 on the trot we have not gained any breathing space whatsoever.

A couple of poor results, and we are well capable of that, and we are back in the playoff scrap, which to be honest, is where I see us finishing.

:(

I fear Watford and Palace particularly, both are capable of going on good runs and despite the fact that we have won 5 on the trot we have not gained any breathing space whatsoever.

Because we were a long way behind to start with.

We're in good form but need to cash in on the run of fixtures coming up. Posh away next week is huge - very winnable but we have a poor record there and we haven't won six in a row for 20 years.

After that I'm completely lost as to who we're playing with all these fixtures moving but I know we're not playing any of the top 10 until the end of March.

I agree though that people seem massively over-confident. If we have 72 points by the time we play Millwall at the end of March I might start to share that confidence.

As for now, I think it's obvious that we have as good a chance as anybody but Cardiff. But at least 2 of ourselves, Palace, Watford and Hull will be left disappointed in 4 months' time.

It's getting beyond embarassing now Dave.

Forget the fact we've got Cardiff and Palace away and Watford at home.

Peterboro away- Fighting to stay in this division and always a tricky game whenever we go there

Sheff Weds- a team still easily capable of going down so again will be wanting 3 points

Millwall- Fighting for the playoffs and always a tricky game when we play them too

Derby- We're due a loss there

Ipswich- The side that hammered Boro 4-0 yesterday

Brighton- Up there looking for the playoffs

Forest- Does anyone knoe when we last won there in the league?? I know it was 6 years since we last won there in the cup

Frankly anyone already celebrating, or planning their celebrations are mugs. Football itself is so unpredictable, when you combine that with Leicester then f me you do have a recipie for disaster. The longer we keep winning the more probable we are to lose the next. Adding to that, the more we keep winning yet still not pulling away from the chasing pack the more I'm expecting us to fall away and end up in the Playoffs. Also bear in mind that we haven't won 6 games in a row in donkey's years.

Some of our fans need a reality check, we're already going to be laughed at should we not go up automatically thanks to many threads on here. I'm just glad we have NP in charge who will definitely keep feet on the ground inside the club and will not let the fans' arrogance rub off on them.

Archived