Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yuki!

Knockaert Interview

After two seasons at Guingamp, in National then in League 2, Anthony Knockaert did the big jump. The Direction England. But not in the Premiership like a good number of his compatriots but in the Championship, to Leicester. Over there, the French hope has blossomed. Something that was hard to imagine when his first club, RC Lens, had judged him too small to evolve to the perform at the highest level.

http://www.beinsport...is-de-leicester i wish i understood french

They talk about his past as a youth player at RC Lens, where he was dismissed for being "too small". Then they introduce Leicester as a rugby town less known for its footballing history ( lol).

Knockaert goes on about his passion for English football and that he always wanted to play on the island. He says he likes it at LCFC, that the people at the club are really helpful and very nice.

The commentator then explains his short-lived past in French football and goes into detail about his exit at Lens.

Apparently, a female psychiatrist once told him to stop playing football altogether whilst being in the youth squad because of his size, which came to a shock to Knockaert because he grew up in the area and spent five years at Lens.

Knockaert thanks his dad for pressing him hard to continue a career as a pro footballer: "He always had faith in me".

We're quickly told about Knockaert's sting at Mouscron in Belgium before he went back to France and OSC Lille - a club where he stayed only briefly, before being moved on to Guingamp.

"And that's where the photo album really started to gain volume" as it is stated in the video.

After scoring eleven goals in his last Ligue 2 season, he was finally invited to play for the national team (even if it was just with the U21 squad).

The commentator then mentions his first goal for France against Chile, two assists against Norway. "It was a kid's dream come true" Knockaert explains.

Moving on, they take a funny swing at the left-way traffic in England which doesn't bother Knockaert anymore: "But I struggle all the time with driving when I'm back home in France".

What follows is a play on words with him being left-footed, but also tending to cover the right flank during matches. It is said that Knockaert has set the league on fire with seven goals and five assists so far.

A couple of fans are asked about Knockaert's sudden rise to local fame. The camera crew is then led into the stadium's belly, where Knockaert shows them around, including a little excursion into the topic of taking cold baths after games.

"The swimming pool is a hotspot for crazy stunts after home victories", according to our resident French.

A trip to the boot corner and the locker room, where Knockaert has his regular spot before and after games, brings the tour to a close.

The report then touches on the competitive nature of the Championship, talking about former Premier League clubs like Bolton, Blackburn and Leeds all lingering in the bottom of the table.

The video then comes to a conclusion with a quick review of the Middlesborough game, mentioning the importance of a Leicester win with both clubs competing for promotion.

Closing fans' statement says it all, really. ;)

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

They talk about his past as a youth player at RC Lens, where he was dismissed for being "too small". Then they introduce Leicester as a rugby town less known for its footballing history ( lol). Knockaert goes on about his passion for English football and that he always wanted to play on the island. He says he likes it at LCFC, that the people at the club are really helpful and very nice.

The commentator then explains his short-lived past in French football and goes into detail about his exit at Lens. Apparently, a female psychiatrist told him to stop football altogether because of his size, which came to a shock to Knockeart because he spent five years at Lens. He thanks his dad for pressing him hard to continue a career as a pro footballer. The report shortly touches on Knockaert's sting at Mouscron in Belgium before he went back to France and OSC Lille, where he stayed only briefly, before being moved on to Guingamp. "And that's where the photo album really started to gain volume" as it is stated in the video. After scoring eleven goals in his last Ligue 2 season, he was finally invited to play for France (even if it was just with the U21 squad). The commentator then mentions his first goal for France against Chile, two assists against Norway. "It was a kid's dream come true" Knockaert explains.

They then take a funny swing at the left-way traffic in England which doesn't bother Knockaert anymore, "but I struggle all the time with driving when I'm back home in France". What follows is a play on words with him being left-footed, but also tending to cover the right flank during matches. It is said that Knockaert has set the league on fire with seven goals and five assists so far.

A couple of fans are asked about Knockaert's sudden rise to local fame. The camera crew is then led into the stadium's belly, where Knockaert shows them around, including a little excursion into the topic of taking cold baths after games. "The swimming pool is a hotspot for crazy stunts after home victories", he then continues.

A trip to the Boot Room and the locker rooms follows, where he has his regular spot before and after games. The report then explains the competitive nature of the Championship, talking about former Premier League clubs like Bolton, Blackburn and Leeds all lingering in the bottom of the table.

The video then comes to a conclusion with a quick review of the Middlesborough game, mentioning the importance of a Leicester win with both clubs competing for promotion.

Was that google translate or you Alex? :unsure:

I didn't feel the need to start a new thread for this, but I actually saw and met Knocky at my gym on Monday night. A lot of the City players go to the Nuffield Health gym (formally Greens off Abbey Lane).

Quite strange really that all my life, I have looked up to and almost idolised players so to speak, that are older than me but now I'm getting older the players are getting younger...god I sound old. Anyway he was showing his French friends, one of which has "Knockaert" printed on the back of a Guingamp shirt, how to do press-ups...in the changing rooms might I add. Me and my mate didn't no what to do, I'd have liked a photo but it'd be weird having a photo with a shirtless young lad so we left it ha! But we did proceed to sing "Don't sell Knockaert..." as he walked to the pool, to which he smiled and gave us the thumbs up.

Anyway I have now bored you all to death with a pointless story but I do have many other pointless stories regarding the gym and current/ex city players.

They talk about his past as a youth player at RC Lens, where he was dismissed for being "too small". Then they introduce Leicester as a rugby town less known for its footballing history ( lol). Knockaert goes on about his passion for English football and that he always wanted to play on the island. He says he likes it at LCFC, that the people at the club are really helpful and very nice.

The commentator then explains his short-lived past in French football and goes into detail about his exit at Lens. Apparently, a female psychiatrist once told him to stop playing football altogether whilst being in the youth squad because of his size, which came to a shock to Knockaert because he grew up in the area and spent five years at Lens.

Knockaert then thanks his dad for pressing him hard to continue a career as a pro footballer: "He always had faith in me".

The report shortly touches on Knockaert's sting at Mouscron in Belgium before he went back to France and OSC Lille, where he stayed only briefly, before being moved on to Guingamp. "And that's where the photo album really started to gain volume" as it is stated in the video. After scoring eleven goals in his last Ligue 2 season, he was finally invited to play for the national team (even if it was just with the U21 squad). The commentator then mentions his first goal for France against Chile, two assists against Norway. "It was a kid's dream come true" Knockaert explains.

They then take a funny swing at the left-way traffic in England which doesn't bother Knockaert anymore, "but I struggle all the time with driving when I'm back home in France". What follows is a play on words with him being left-footed, but also tending to cover the right flank during matches. It is said that Knockaert has set the league on fire with seven goals and five assists so far.

A couple of fans are asked about Knockaert's sudden rise to local fame. The camera crew is then led into the stadium's belly, where Knockaert shows them around, including a little excursion into the topic of taking cold baths after games. "The swimming pool is a hotspot for crazy stunts after home victories", he then continues.

A trip to the Boot Room and the locker rooms follows, where he has his regular spot before and after games. The report then explains the competitive nature of the Championship, talking about former Premier League clubs like Bolton, Blackburn and Leeds all lingering in the bottom of the table.

Tray bee-en, monsoon. :thumbup:

delboy595.jpg

Pretty sure that if you mentioned Leicester to any Frenchman they would most likely think of Tigers before anything else.

And yet if you asked most people in Leicester more people would mention City.

Just because our rugby team is more successful doesn't mean we're a 'rugby town'.

Pretty sure that if you mentioned Leicester to any Frenchman they would most likely think of Tigers before anything else.

Only if they're from the south-west of France!

They're not so much into rugby anywhere else. A bit like how, over here, nobody really likes rugby league outside of the north west and Yorkshire.

And yet if you asked most people in Leicester more people would mention City.

Just because our rugby team is more successful doesn't mean we're a 'rugby town'.

This

More people go and watch football in this city than football, there for we are a football city.

There may be different view of this in a small number of countries that participate in rugby, but they would be incorrect.

Trying to think of good examples of rugby cities. Bath? Worcester? Not many cities though.

Archived