Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Leicester 3-0 Blackburn - Post Match Thread

Knockaert on the left and Marshall being complemented by De Laet tonight was the difference.

And dare I say it... We looked a lot better in attack without Nugent

I don't agree about Nugent lol, sure he has been out of sorts for the last 2 or 3 games but he will be back. Kane played very well today though, very good player to have.

Wood and Kane put themselves about. Similar players who best attribute is probably their football brain.

Vast improvement with no Nugent and Marshall on the right who I thought was smashing.

King made some good breaks forward.

Keane and Morgan kept a dangerous attack quiet ALL night.

Konchesky was a wee bit better.

Overall very assured performance and I don't feel like killing myself after a game.

Brucy Bonus!!

Considering the players they have, dreadful

Disagree. That takes it away from the performance of City. Blackburn threatened a few times. I have a stomach ulcer for a football barometer, believe me! I just think City played well with confidence and they soaked up the support tonight. Mopped up any mistakes quite quickly and on the whole (with some exceptions) diluted the threats with forward movement.

Neither me nor my lad could decide on MOTM. Always a good sign! Good singing from where I was sat in K1 and great to hear left side:right side resound across the shellshocked Blackburn fans' corner.

Solid performance tonight helped by a Blackburn team who really didn't fancy it.

Impressed with Keane at the back in particular, RDL was impressive going forward, middle two in midfield pressed well and maintained possession well.

Kane looks a useful addition up front, decent header for the goal and general hold up play was bright along with Wood.

Blackburn's glowing weakness was the lack of any penetration of our defence, preferring to use Bentleys right foot and Pedersens left from miles out with the sights not quite correctly aligned.

Keep this up and we could be going places, say it quietly though....

Cracking display and we displayed almost a new dimension with the aerial presence up front. We for the first time in ages looked a genuine threat from set pieces and I said it pre-match - but Marshall on the right and Knockaert on the left was exactly what we had to do, because I think a lot of Marshall's poor form is down to being out on the left and not allowing him to get crosses in, he's a pretty old fashioned winger in that sense.

King MOTM for me, Drinkwater, Marshall also impressed. To be honest it's one of those nights where everyone's had a good game (you get that a lot under Pearson) rather than a few good and a few bad, but King I'll single out for special praise, he hardly conceded possession, made the right decision time and time again and topped it off with a classy header. Quality.

Best save I've ever seen live!

He goes to dive one way is pretty much off the ground and the shot takes a deflection and is flying in and seriously I put my head down as it looked in. Mid air kasper shifts his weight like kicks his legs out to the opposite side to get over then gets a hand up to tip it over!!!

To get a touch on it is something but to put it over from there was ridiculous!

That was as impressive an all-round team performance as i've seen from us this season with passing the key with King conducting the music.

He hardly gave the ball away once in his old fulcrum role, giving simple balls when called for and expanding the play when opportunity arose and capping it all with an excellent glancing header from Waghorn's corner ..proving that it can be done with a pacey delivery, precision placement and someone attacking the near post.

Happily others complimented the slick passing while adding their own strengths to the mix with the result that we gained an emphatic win, offered very few chances to the opposition and managed to maintain our pressing approach more or less throughout.

There were some excellent individual performances, Kasper making one breathtaking save, King looking a master of his craft, DeLaet a significant threat down the right, Kane with a debut home goal and Wood looking a threat once more.

But the substitutes added their bit too with Dyer causing the visiting defence nightmares whenever he got the ball, Waghorn making an excellent set-piece goal and even Vardy looking lively.

More generally our collective covering was excellent. We showed urgency throughout in pressing the ball-holder and the timing of our ball-retrieving was high class and so effective it seemed like we had an extra man or two for much of the time.

There was a vast difference between this display and the previous four performances so some of the grumbling seems to have hit home because this sort of collective effort is exactly what we need more of to regain a top two spot

Not going to get too carried away with that. We were decent but let's not kid ourselves, second half we really took our foot off the gas and had Blackburn been anything other than woeful there was easily a 20 minute spell in the second half where they could have threatened. All in all they were professionally dispatched if not emphatically.

King was fantastic (MOTM). Linked things up, covered the ground, played some lovely passes and got his goal. I admire the way that every time he finds himself out of the side he fights damned hard to get back in. No moaning, no attitude, no sulking. Just quietly forces the manager's hand with his displays and that is why people should never write him off. Yes, at times he can suffer in a midfield dogfight but when he is given a role to get on the ball and contribute then he really does, not to mention the defensive work he gets done as well.

Marshall was much better than he has been for a long time. Keane was as class as Keane is, that lad will be in Manchester United's team no problems within three or four years with Ferdinand and Vidic on the decline. Dyer looked lively but should have dived gone down when a tackle came flying in at him in the box. Too honest for his own good there but nothing will be made of that in the way that it would be had he hit the deck.

Good noise coming from the Family Stand at times, L1 was very hit and miss (more miss) as it always is when the opposition bring a minibus worth of fans - we haven't seen too many decent away attendances this year and just two more Saturday 3pm kick-offs isn't going to help that!

In conclusion, a good three points in a match we had to win. It's just the start though and we need to follow it up with a result (not neccesarily a performance, just a result) at Ipswich on Saturday Then we tackle Leeds, then we start to roll!

Thought the atmosphere tonight was improved too, there were stages where it was crap but it was better attitude-wise, the fans seemed far more on the teams side than in previous games.

Blackburn's end is the worst I've seen at that ground.

Took my sister to see her first game today. Might have to take her again, proved to be a lucky charm!

Very happy with tonight. Several players were right on their game tonight, completely different to what we saw against Charlton last week. They were playing some very nice stuff at times too. When this team get their proper passing game going, they're an absolute joy to watch. Particularly pleased for Marshall and I gave him man of the match. It was nice to see him put in a great performance, the assist for the first goal was class! He put in some great defensive work and covering throughout the night too. I thought King also had a great game, how many times does he track back from midfield and get us out of trouble? Also, Morgan AGAIN just didn't do anything wrong, I love watching him play.

Loved the new Chris Wood song. A couple of people to the right on the row behing me of me started it off. Good job lads.

On to the next one, lets hope we can have another run of picking up some decent points now.

Took my sister to see her first game today. Might have to take her again, proved to be a lucky charm!

Very happy with tonight. Several players were right on their game tonight, completely different to what we saw against Charlton last week. They were playing some very nice stuff at times too. When this team get their proper passing game going, they're an absolute joy to watch. Particularly pleased for Marshall and I gave him man of the match. It was nice to see him put in a great performance, the assist for the first goal was class! He put in some great defensive work and covering throughout the night too. I thought King also had a great game, how many times does he track back from midfield and get us out of trouble? Also, Morgan AGAIN just didn't do anything wrong, I love watching him play.

Loved the new Chris Wood song. A couple of people to the right on the row behing me of me started it off. Good job lads.

On to the next one, lets hope we can have another run of picking up some decent points now.

What was the song?

Archived