Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Leicester 3-0 Blackburn - Post Match Thread

Well done city, hopefully start of another good run?

Hope you're right.

That save of Kaspers was absolutely superb!

Very glad to see Kingy performing well again, thought he was excellent Saturday and tonight.

Worth the 2 hour drive there and back. Now to bed as I gotta get up at 5

What was the song?

Don't know the name of the tune but:

We signed him from the Albion, Chris Wood, Chris Wood,

He took his time, but now he's signed,

He wears the number 39, who needs Beckford when you've got Chris Wood,

la la la la la la la la la la, la la

etc.

Don't know the name of the tune but:

He took his time, but now he's signed,

He wears the number 39, who needs Beckford when you've got Chris Wood,

la la la la la la la la la la, la la

etc.

Oh so the Torres song tune... Very nice. Hope it catches on

lol Isn't the tune from "the animals went in two by two, hurrah, hurrah"?

Yeah, I knew it was a fairly well known tune, just couldn't think of where from.

It did get going pretty well tonight in K / L block. Enjoyed it, now we have a decent song for whenever he scores or does something decent, rather than the usual he's here, he's there...

Thought the atmosphere tonight was improved too, there were stages where it was crap but it was better attitude-wise, the fans seemed far more on the teams side than in previous games.

Blackburn's end is the worst I've seen at that ground.

That's not surprising, the other week they only took 1400 to Arsenal. That is a shambles.

Yeah. :D I just found that out as well. I knew it from the noah's ark nursery rhyme way before Die Hard with a Vengeance came out, but I'm sure it made it onto that soundtrack because of the American civil war song, and not the song about the bleeding critters taking refuge on the little boat from god's global genocide.

I'll bet most people my age or older in this country will know the animals went in two by two better than the original, though.

Worth getting up at 4am for this game. :thumbup:

Great result, sounded as though we really put it together today and got a good result. If we can now carry it forward, a win on the weekend and we are back close to where we need to be.

If a picture could speak a thousand words lol

You can see Puma so its this season, but when was it taken?

Taken last night by our friend Geoff Peters aka DJ willy puller.

*edited he posted it on twitter...

What a stupid hat! Did his gran knit that for him? Ha ha. Great win, great result. 5 off 2nd place and the best gd in the league with a game in hand. We are still in with a shout.

Funny how when we win a match thread is always half the size.

Thought the atmosphere tonight was improved too, there were stages where it was crap but it was better attitude-wise, the fans seemed far more on the teams side than in previous games.

Blackburn's end is the worst I've seen at that ground.

I'm normally not one to moan about the atmosphere but I thought it was dreadful last night. There was a solid 10-15 minute in the middle of the second half where the crowd seemed to be in almost complete silence. I don't think I heard a single song between about 55 and 70 minutes.

I'm normally not one to moan about the atmosphere but I thought it was dreadful last night. There was a solid 10-15 minute in the middle of the second half where the crowd seemed to be in almost complete silence. I don't think I heard a single song between about 55 and 70 minutes.

I thought it was ok! L1 and the top of the family stand were giving it some.

Last night was much better. Other than about 25 minutes in the second half where we backed off and let Blackburn come at us (not that they seemed to have anything to come at us with) we were in complete control of that game.

King was an absolutely key part in that. I had to leave early last night so missed his goal, but his use of the ball and positional play was absolutely excellent. He moved the ball quickly and accurately all night, even switching the play well a couple of times.

Marshall's contribution was also vastly improved. 2 great crosses for the first 2 goals, a lovely through ball which Wood arguably should have made more of at the end of the first half and he generally looked lively throughout.

Schmeichel's save was good but I'm not sure that I quite get all the praise it seems to be getting. Looked like he had it covered all along to me and that it was a bit of a save for the cameras. I'm sure others disagree.

It was an odd game in that there was barely a foul over the 90 minutes. Whether this was because of Blackburn's insipid display, good refereeing, our judicious use of the ball or all three is open to debate, but it's a welcome three points ahead of a tough but winnable fixture on Saturday.

I thought it was ok! L1 and the top of the family stand were giving it some.

If by "giving it some" you mean "standing in complete silence" for a solid 10-15 stretch then I completely agree.

Archived