Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

If only...

We're the only team in the league not to lose a game by more than one goal which tells you that we've been in every game that we've lost. I'll list games where for bad luck or one off mistakes, we've dropped points.

Blackburn A - I say we dropped 3 due to a goal ruled out for offside.

Wolves A - Deserved at least a point despite a poor first half showing, hit the post twice in last 10.

Palace H - Poor referee

Forest H - Extremely debatable penalty

Barnsley H - All over them yet conceded two very sloppy goals.

Cardiff H - Bombardment in the first half then conceded a soft goal, Cardiff then sat back on it.

Blackpool A - Wood missed penalty.

Ipswich A - Morgan mistake.

I'm sure there's more but that's around 10-13 points alone that we've squandered we we've deserved them.

If we don't make it... we have Wood for the whole season next time around and in games we absolutely dominated but couldn't get the ball over the line... eg. Blackburn & Charlton away or Barnsley at home he could make the difference between 0pts and 1pt... or 1pt & 3pts.

Not as unlucky as the Prem season under Micky Adams. If games finished after 80 minutes, we'd have been 8th or something ridiculous. So many late goals conceded and we didnt even have the lack of experience excuse at that point.

Although it's obviously a shame that we've lost these points, we've had our bit of luck, too. Last night we earned a point which, based on the radio commentary, seemed rather unlikely during the course of the game.

If when losing games we are losing narrowly it MIGHT suggest a few things:

1) NP is getting his tactics about right.

2) The players need to give an extra 10% to transform those tactics into more points.

3) The opposition feel comfortable with a one goal lead against us and don't take the risk of getting more goals.

4) We are suckers for conceding goals when on top, hence the opposition can concentrate on absorbing pressure and nabbing one from a set piece or break away.

5) We don't have enough creativity to break down a stubborn defence.

6) We are a confidence side who haven't got the balls to come from behind.

Not as unlucky as the Prem season under Micky Adams. If games finished after 80 minutes, we'd have been 8th or something ridiculous. So many late goals conceded and we didnt even have the lack of experience excuse at that point.

We weren't unlucky, we had a manager whose substitutions were terrible, he'd regularly take Dickov off with 10 minutes to go.

I'm sure the fans of every other club are saying the same.

Neil Warnock said he was left with a feeling of injustice after watching Leicester grab a late, late equaliser at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday.

A terrific strike from Sam Byram appeared to have put United on course for a single-goal victory, but a Michael Keane's 94th minute header, following a corner, salvaged a point for the home side.

"Everyone was so disappointed in the dressing room," said the boss. "We felt it so unjust. There were so many controversial decisions in the last 10 minutes of the game.

"The last time I felt like this I got fined a lot of money so I'm not going to say what I think, but it's disappointing.

"We thought there was foul by Schmeichel on Tom Lees, David Norris was fouled on the edge of the box in front of the referee, and the foul throw that he gave to Stephen Warnock…we've got three others for Leicester that haven't been penalised. You have to ask where the consistency is.

"But I thought we played well against a team who have spent a lot of money and have a big wage bill, and we played some good football. We should have so many more points than we have, but the lads are working as hard as they can.

"You need a bit of a rub of the green, and if we get a free-kick in those last few minutes the game is over so it's disappointing. Yes, Steve Morison lost his man for the goal, but there were so many things in the build-up that didn't go our way.

"It's just so disappointing."

I'm sure the fans of every other club are saying the same.

You had us beaten Colin, we couldn't get a grip of the game. Look at yourself mate, if you hadn't wasted time and gone for the second goal you'd have been comfortable.

But you didn't, you allowed us back in and paid for it. No sympathy.

You had us beaten Colin, we couldn't get a grip of the game. Look at yourself mate, if you hadn't wasted time and gone for the second goal you'd have been comfortable.

But you didn't, you allowed us back in and paid for it. No sympathy.

He is called Colin for a reason...... :whistle:

Archived