Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Team for Cardiff?

It really is embarrassing to have such fickle and negative 'supporters' as a part of the club. Be critical by all means, but not one person on here has yet come up with a more credible alternative to Pearson or the players available to him. The fans aren't to blame for the bad run but calling for the manager to go and getting on players backs just makes it worse.

If we now go on another winning run I'll be looking out for all the Pearson haters as they crawl back into the woodwork.

We will not go on another winning run. By the way this is the first time I've called for a manager to be sacked since Peter Taylor. This is the most convinced I've been that the club, not just Pearson, is going in the wrong direction. Seriously I am genuinely concerned about the state of our club from the dwindling crowds to that bloody drum ( see drum thread). This is the first time in since I first started going week in week out in 1989 that I've genuinely felt that "I might not go to that game" More about my personal viewpoint and where I am as a Leicester fan but I am STILL a fanatic so bugger off! PEARSON OUT!!!

Your support is fcuking s hit! Maybe this attitude and the negative support is having some impact on current form, here's a novel idea lets get behind the team!

do you know me? i doubt it, my support isnt shite never has been never will be, always cheers the boys on. It is my faith in our ability to get a result based on current form that is

I won't be surprised to see 3 in midfield,like at Hull away.

With James out that will probably mean a start for Wellens.

NP used marshall and Knocky at Hull,with Nuge up front.

I expect a variation on this but,hopefully,without too many square pegs in round holes!

Our lack of back up in both FB berths is concerning.

Marshall needs dropping absolute shit

Marshall has been rubbish for ages....so why is he still getting picked.

Didn't he make two goals the other night against Blackburn?

He keeps getting dropped and then played, not good for any player. Anyway, Knockaert hasn't been any better than Marshall, and Dyer isn't good enough anyway. We need to go back to 442 with Marshall and Knockaert out wide, natural width. Marshall isn't a central midfielder imo.

Didn't he make two goals the other night against Blackburn?

He keeps getting dropped and then played, not good for any player. Anyway, Knockaert hasn't been any better than Marshall, and Dyer isn't good enough anyway. We need to go back to 442 with Marshall and Knockaert out wide, natural width. Marshall isn't a central midfielder imo.

And he was putting crosses on people's heads Vs SheffWed only for them to miss

I think some people think if he's not scoring 80 yarders he's not doing anything... when he's doing a wideman's job, albeit in a team off form and not playing with tempo & all the wrongs we know of etc...

And he was putting crosses on people's heads Vs SheffWed only for them to miss

I think some people think if he's not scoring 80 yarders he's not doing anything... when he's doing a wideman's job, albeit in a team off form and not playing with tempo & all the wrongs we know of etc...

It sounds like you think he had a good match. What about the useless floating corners and inept crossing. He didn't beat the first man on the first corner and showed himself to be disappointed.

He didn't tackle and just watched players on his side of the pitch put crosses in.

What point are you making - he's very hit and miss? I've got no idea where your stream of consciousness is leading you in this thread and others.

I don't think you can put Drinkwater & Wellens in the same side, both too similar players. Also, Cardiff aren't in great form themselves, that 11 point lead is now only 5 over second place. There's no reason to pack the midfield or be more defensive than normal.

Keep a solid shape and give our own players the chance to cause them a few problems. I'm damned sure if Derby can take points off them then we can.

I see a lot of people are entertaining the idea of Wellens coming back in. Certainly we have struggled in CM with James being absent so I'm not against changing things around.

We've had difficulty in playing it on the ground recently against Leeds and Wednesday, I suppose it might be a bit easier against Cardiff who aren't as willing to press the opposition.

Additionally, with our forwards misfiring would anyone want to see one of them replaced? Vardy and Waghorn may not have the quality that the others do but you know they'll put the effort in if given a chance. I think I'd play with two strikers and drop Kane.

Personally I think

Schmeichel

De Laet/St Ledger Morgan Keane Schlupp

James Drinky King

Knockaert

Wood Nugent

Have to start with two up front as we must win but also need to be stronger in the midfield

Like thi, Knockaert behind the front two...maybe Wood n Nuge will be able to control the ball if it comes aling the ground from 10 yards away...

I'd go for

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Keane

Marshall

Schlupp (wing backs)

King

Drinkwater

Knocky

Nuge

Kane

Wood is still carrying a knock, more hindrance than anything at the minute.

Since Konchesky's knock against Leeds I've really hoped Pearson would try a 5-3-2/3-5-2, but lets face it Pearson is almost certainly never going to go down that alley. Yes we don't have out and out wing backs in the traditional sense, but I feel Morgan, Keane and St Ledger would be solid enough as a back 3 with Schlupp and De Laet/Marshall either side of them. Plus a further benefit of said formation is that it gives one of the three centre backs more licence to travel with the ball at feet (Keane). Yes it might go all tits up, but I would personally like to see us try. Cardiff having Bellamy back in their ranks is going to be a massive hindrance however.

Maybe we should try doing what sides do to us at the KP.

Pack the midfield, get everyone behind the ball, then hit them on the counter. Try and sneak a 1-0.

Our current open style of play away from home isn't getting us goals but we're conceding quite a few, let's try something different.

Archived