Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Team for Cardiff?

I would like to see Dyer in for Kane...he and Jeff looked good early season with each other taking turns bombing on,Knockaert for Marshall and st ledger for De Leat.

No way...will be Shcmeichel wide left, Vardy in goal and Gallagher at centre half - the rest will form a crowd and watch the ball being passed around by cardiff.

It's called the NP square peg formation, similar to pub teams who are just glad to have any 11 players turn up on the day.

Leicester City defender Ritchie De Laet has not broken his leg and could even feature in tonight's vital clashicon1.png with league leaders Cardiff (7.45).

The Belgian right-back was stretchered off in severe pain during City's home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

• ​4643826.jpg
    Agony: Ritchie De Late, with his right leg strapped, is lifted on to a stretcher during the defeat against Sheffield Wednesday

He was on the end of a heavy challengeicon1.png from Jeremy Helan and City feared it was a serious injury.

However, X-rays have revealed there is no break, and a relieved City boss Nigel Pearson said there was even a chance De Laet could feature at the Cardiff City Stadium tonight.

"It looked as though it was a nasty injury at the time, but I didn't feel there was any malice in it," said Pearson.

"It was one of those situations where playersicon1.png come together and he struck through the ball and there was contact afterwards.

"The relief that there is nothing sinister in terms of breaking a bone is good for us because Ritchie has been a consistently good performer this season.

"We will have to see if he has any chance of being involved.

"But the most important thing is whichever side starts tonight, however we line up, the personnel we use are ready for the game.

"It is a case of us making sure any bumps and bruises from the weekend are looked after."

If De Laet is not fit enough to face Cardiff, Sean St Ledger is set to step in at right-back, while Pearson ruled out recalling young defender Liam Moore from his loan stint at Brentford.

"With the youth loan system we could recall him but, for 28 days, he wouldn't be able to play for our first teamicon1.png," said Pearson.

"St Ledger went on at the weekend and did very well, I thought.

"We have Zak Whitbread who is available as well. We have options across the back."

Striker Jeff Schlupp is set to continue to deputise at left-back for Paul Konchesky, who is out with a hamstring injury, while midfielder Matty James is ruled out with a knee injury.

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18391207-detail/story.html?#ixzz2NJWX7xzR

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Ritchie De Laet confirms he isn't fit to start on Twitter. Guess it's SSL at RB. We could see a contain formation tonight, it's going to be low scoring.

Hope I'm wrong. Even if 2nd is slipping away I'd love to see Cardiff bottle 1st.

Well whatever team we play we must at least change the formation. I would go for:

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Keane

Schlupp

Marshall

King

Knockaert

Drinkwater

Dyer

Wood

Bench: Logan, Whitbread, Wellens, Kane, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn

Well whatever team we play we must at least change the formation. I would go for:

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Keane

Schlupp

Marshall

King

Knockaert

Drinkwater

Dyer

Wood

Bench: Logan, Whitbread, Wellens, Kane, Nugent, Vardy, Waghorn

Reasonable call, though with Wood clearly carrying a knock, I would give Kane the gig up front....... :thumbup:

Set up something like this

Schmeichel

St Ledger---Morgan---Keane---

-------------------------------------------------Schlupp

Drinkwater---------King

Marshall-------------------------------------Dyer

-------------------------Knockaert-------

------------Kane-----------

But then, what does it matter, NFP will set us up to 'contain', we will miss a couple of half decent chances and get beaten by 1 or 2........ :/

Reasonable call, though with Wood clearly carrying a knock, I would give Kane the gig up front....... :thumbup:

Set up something like this

Schmeichel

St Ledger---Morgan---Keane---

-------------------------------------------------Schlupp

Drinkwater---------King

Marshall-------------------------------------Dyer

-------------------------Knockaert-------

------------Kane-----------

But then, what does it matter, NFP will set us up to 'contain', we will miss a couple of half decent chances and get beaten by 1 or 2........ :/

Yeah that is the kind of set up I would definitely go for.

Kasper

Morgan Keane

Drinkwater

SSL King Wellens Schlupp

Knocky/Marshall Wood Nugent

So confident, we're gonna put Kasper out by the corner flag. ;)

Actually, Kasper is in goal. It's just that everyone else is huddled around NP at the dug-out on the halfway line, talking about him !

I'd like to see Kane and Nuge up front together - both a little bit more mobile than Wood and might make us consider playing balls into the channels - at least that would give us half a chance of keeping the ball further up the pitch, rather than being beaten in the air as a result of a straight long ball.

--------------Kasper---------------

St ledger Morgan Keane Schlupp

----------Drinkwater King----------

Knockaert----------------------Dyer

-------------Nuge Kane-------------

Cardiff have played 442 at home for most of the season apart from their last game where they played three up front

and nearly lost.

Based on the fact they are top of the league and have a stronger centre mid and we will need some width to counter the likes of Whittingham. I would play five in midfield with one upfront.

................Kasper...........

SSL...Keane...Morgan...Schlupp

................Drinks.................

Dyer...Knocky..King.....Marshall

.................Nuge.................

Bench:

Logan

Wellens

Whitbread

Wood

Waggy

Vardy

Gally

Prob drop Kane as he has had a run and other permanent signings deserve a look on the bench

Actually, Kasper is in goal. It's just that everyone else is huddled around NP at the dug-out on the halfway line, talking about him !

Something like this then? It just might work

Kasper

Drinkwater

SSL King :pearson: Keane Morgan Wood Nugent

Wellens Schlupp Knocky/Marshall

Something like this then? It just might work

Kasper

Drinkwater

SSL King :pearson: Keane Morgan Wood Nugent

Wellens Schlupp Knocky/Marshall

It's a small detail, but we've now got 12 players and an ineligible 'player' on the pitch !! :) And now Kasper looks like a Sunday league keeper who's slipped off for a quick pee whilst the others are having their half-time orange!!

Archived