Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Team for Cardiff?

Just keep the ball on the deck and try not hoofing it at all, that might work perhaps?

Fully agree. We win when we pass, we lose when we hoof. That's my way of massively simplifying how the way we play affects the result.

Playing football should be easier against Cardiff as they don't seem to press as much as Leeds or Wednesday. I recall us playing some decent stuff when Cardiff visited us.

Ideal: (injuries taken into account)

Kasper

Keane

Morgan

SSL

Marshall

Wellens

King

Schlupp

Knockaert

Nugent

Kane

More realistic but still fairly pleasing:

Kasper

SSL

Keane

Morgan

Schlupp

Marshall

King

Wellens

Dyer

Nugent

Kane

Probable:

Kasper

SSL

Keane

Morgan

Schlupp

Marshall

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Wood

Kane

We CANNOT play Wood and Kane together - far too similar.

Why is 3-5-2 suddenly so popular? I'm not saying you're wrong but it is a bit odd. Are we thinking Palace away last season?

It'll be a bit tighter at the back, with the centre backs all being able to play naturally, King and Drinkwater can play their usual deep lying roles, giving Knocky a free role, as well as playing two out and out centre forwards. Marshall and Schlupp both have the ability to play as wing backs.

Pearson has shown before that he will play 3-5-2. I think with his two starting wb's out he will adapt to that formation again.

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Keane

Marshall

Schlupp

King

Drinkwater

Kane

Wood

Nugent

I'd like to see Kane play through the middle again, he played very well centrally against Blackburn (who were shit) but still he looked good.

I'd go for

Kasper

SSL

Morgan

Keane

Marshall

Schlupp (wing backs)

King

Drinkwater

Knocky

Nuge

Kane

Wood is still carrying a knock, more hindrance than anything at the minute.

As usual, I find myself not far from Bert's way of thinking...

However, I wonder if we could play a 3-5-1-1; same personnel as Bert is proposing, except Wellens in central midfield with King & Drinkwater (yes, Wellens could be OK in a 3-man centre-midfield, not a 2-man centre-midfield), Knocky roaming free between midfield and attack, and Nugent alone up front.

I'm afraid both Wood and Kane looked like rabbits in the headlights against Sheff. Wed (I worry more about Wood than Kane; at least Kane has the excuse of being out of position...after such a bright start, Wood was avoiding all serious commitment - is his confidence completely shot for some reason?!?). Unless there's some quick, miracle solution, I'd like to see both of them dropped at Cardiff.

On the other hand....Nugent looked better than he had for several games, really committed, winning flicks, getting in the right positions, looking confident. Yes, he didn't have a great game, mainly because he didn't get the service, but he looked like he was on his way back.

Similarly, at times Knocky was a greedy git when he came off the bench - but (unlike Wood & Kane) he looked like he still believed in himself and looked capable of creating something. The right word in his ear from NP ("I like your attitude, Anthony, I believe that you're about to offer a lot to our team...just pass a bit more!") and he could have a big game in Cardiff...

Also, that apparently defensive 3-5-1-1 formation (and we need to defend a bit - we're in shocking form!) allows more room for forward runs from one of our few players who IS on good form just now....Andy King (he was deceptively good v. Sheff Wed - and, No, I'm not Thracian under a phony name!).

Cardiff City 0 Leicester City 1 (King) :ph34r:

We're going to miss De Laet, though...

The injuries are unclear. It's a game we are outsiders to win, unusually. If his job is on the line, (according to some), why not try something different as the 'usual' has been abysmal recently. If his job is safe (according to some), why not try something different, as the usual has been abysmal recently ! You see where I'm coming from ???? As stated, no idea on fitness levels but:-

Sir Michael

Wes Zak Keane

Marshall King James Drinky Dyer

Nugent Wood

Alternatively,

Sir Michael

SSL Wes Keane Schlupp

King Drinky

Marshall Knocky Dyer

Wood

That looked so much better neatly spaced out on my screen - not sure why it's all gone to pants ... sums the season up !!

There seem to be a lot of people on here who STILL believe the midfield is strong enough with Wimpy King in it !!

Unbelievable !!

King has been much better than Drinkwater in recent games. At least he can pass the ball forwards.

I have no real idea who if De Laet is still out, Im sure I heard Nigel say on radio that there is a chance of him being alright, I also havent much idea whats happened to Matty James, we could really use him in this match.

Kasper

-

De Lad / SSL - Keane - Morgan - Konch / Schlupp

-

Marshall - Drinky - James / King - Knocky

-

---------- Nuge

Wood-----------

To people saying a 2-5-3 or a 3-5-2 or a 9-1-0, we havent really seen these formations in a pressure situation we should stick to what we know and what were good at instead of changing the entire dynamic of the team instantly, it would also be a huge risk, if we win we'd have about 50% of fans saying how it was a tactical masterstroke, if we lose (to the proven best team in the League) we'l have more people come out calling for the managers head.

Archived