Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Cardiff Match Thread

Wolves have some v.good players, would have Sako any day of the week

I said a few weeks back that Sako and Knockaert on either flank would be envied by any team in this league.

If you play a three man midfield you want one of those to be an attacking, creative player surely? You've got Knockaert and Marshall sat on the bench who've both looked exceptional at times playing in the middle and you play Richie Wellens?

**** that.

I'm not anti-Pearson by any means, I'm not a hater, I'm not a boo-boy, I'm glad we're winning, whatever. But even Five Live have made the point we instantly looked like we had more punch and drive the second we took Wellens off and put Kane on. And, y'know, we score and take the lead.

He was never, EVER good enough to be part of a promotion winning side but he's definitely beyond his best now.

im at the game, and he did a great job.

he is the best defensive midfielder we have.

so do one.

If you play a three man midfield you want one of those to be an attacking, creative player surely? You've got Knockaert and Marshall sat on the bench who've both looked exceptional at times playing in the middle and you play Richie Wellens?

**** that.

I'm not anti-Pearson by any means, I'm not a hater, I'm not a boo-boy, I'm glad we're winning, whatever. But even Five Live have made the point we instantly looked like we had more punch and drive the second we took Wellens off and put Kane on. And, y'know, we score and take the lead.

He was never, EVER good enough to be part of a promotion winning side but he's definitely beyond his best now.

It's called tactics mate - obviously why you are not a football manager.

Pearson wanted to keep it tight, get to half time at 0-0. Which we did. Then have a real go last 30 minutes. It's worked a treat. Good work Nigel

**** that.

Yes, but it's been all about putting pressure on the ball as opposed to not getting enough pressure on it with Cardiff having time to pick passes out.

So far, the tactics have worked great, would have been perfect had Nugent & Wood buried their chances.

You've got Knockaert and Marshall sat on the bench

For a reason, both have been piss poor lately and Marshall has been poor most of the season! I do agree that Richie Wellens is not the answer but our strength in depth is the real problem

Guest BlueBrett

Maybe it's more of a case of our midfielders playing well enough to keep Wellens out of the side?

Lesser evils and all that.

I think this is the key point. I don't think it has been so much a case of Wellens and Gally playing themselves back in in recent weeks as Marshall and Knocky playing themselves out.

We all know our best 11. Let's just hope they can play to their potential for the remainder

Ian Dennis, reporting for 5 live on the Barca-Milan game, sounds like he's about to kill himself.

You'd have thought people could get enthused by an occasion like that, but apparently not.

It's called tactics mate - obviously why you are not a football manager.

Pearson wanted to keep it tight, get to half time at 0-0. Which we did. Then have a real go last 30 minutes. It's worked a treat. Good work Nigel

Exactly... Wellens, just like King and Drinkwater, is a different player to Knockaert and Marshall.

**** that.

Depends if you want to keep it tight in the first half and priority to keep a clean sheet and nick a goal, as we almost did, and then you can make the attacking change second half.

Archived