Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScoutMan

The curse of Peter Beagrie...

On the 1st February Mr Beagrie said this about the race to finish 2nd in the Championship.

''Leicester are, for me, favourites to join Cardiff in the Premier League next term; I did fancy Hull to pip them but have changed my mind now that Foxes boss Nigel Pearson beat off competition from an array of Championship clubs to sign Chris Wood. The New Zealander's arrival and presence of David Nugent - a jewel at this level who is not only a great goalscorer but a scorer of great goals, not to mention a gem in the dressing room due to his sunny disposition - Jamie Vardy, Martyn Waghorn and Paul Gallagher means City have an abundance of firepower up front, a trio of tricky wingers in Lloyd Dyer, Ben Marshall and Anthony Knockaert and the best defence in the division. Leicester have a squad good enough to rival anyone's and large enough to cope with any injury, as proved with 10-goal-a-season man Andy King replacing fellow midfielder Matty James for the Foxes' last two games.''

The last match before this quote was the 2-1 win over Wolves. The next one was the draw at Huddersfield in the cup after the international break. I wont bother about the results since then.

To be fair, I wouldn't have argued with him at the time.

Though we should have known if he says something, it must be wrong. My favourite bit is:

Jamie Vardy, Martyn Waghorn and Paul Gallagher means City have an abundance of firepower up front

I'm surprised Beagrie didn't spunk himself when he saw Wellens in the starting 11.

He was so surprised last season, to not see Wellens in the side, because he thinks he is our best midfielder at the club.

Anyone else notice the various errors Sky had in their commentating etc. They claimed we conceded to a late set piece vs Cardiff, no it was a cross from open play. They claimed Keane scored from a corner vs Cardiff, no yet again it was open play. Beagrie thought we would play direct football and have been playing more direct football because we had changed to a 4-3-3 formation, even though we only resort to that sort of game when we are pressed and forced to by negative opposition.

If you're going to take over football, at least get your information right and give us a decent service ffs.

Like good old Nigel said, 'he's absolutely clueless. He's an overpaid punter. He is clueless...we have to listen to those people in the Sky studio talking absolute drivel about what they've seen. They are totally out of touch with football.'

Ah, Nige :wub:.

It baffles me how the likes of Peter Beagrie and Don Goodman still get jobs to be pundits on football matches.

• 1 month later...

"I fancied them to win at Forest away from the negativity of their own stadium, but now the pressure mounts again." 

Has he been to the last 3 homes games, which have been almost as big? 

Far from negativity, they've been the best atmospheres of the season.

This guy is clueless. A grade A w*****

It shouldn't be pressure anymore anyway, the attention is suddenly positive. The fans have a new lease of life and faith that we can do it.

No excuses if theey don't go out there with a good attitude.

Archived