Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_1884

Best Debut Album Ever?

I raised this question in the pub last night and in some ways it's really frustrating because there's no one answer that can cover everything, or even scratch the surface.

So todays effort is...... Napalm Death - Scum. The first album to truly, and almost literally, blow my head off. It was one of many moments where I was just like, whoa, I've never heard ANYTHING like this before.

Although through saying Bad Brains and Napalm I feel like I'm almost doing the rest of my collection a disservice. What about all the reggae, country, blues, hip hop etc.

I hate this question.

Absolutely. Very difficult to span genres and compare one to the other.

in my opinion its hard to look past Oasis : Definitely Maybe and Arctic Monkeys : Whatever People Say I Am .... Thats what im not.

both albums filled with tunes, sing a longs, great riffs, great drumming, song writing ability is top notch. just both great to listen to and still feel just as fresh now as when they were respectively released.

• 2 weeks later...

Enter the wu-tang has to right up there with the best, production from rza is on another level and for me the beats, samples, rhymes and production on songs like can it all be so simple is a good as it gets.

Entroducing by dj shadow is up there as well for me

Archived