Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Has Pearson lost the plot?

Does anyone think Nigel has lost the plot, some will say no so fair enough, but quite frankly I'm getting pissed off with a lot of his decisions this season.

1. Schlupp had a spell at left-back earlier in the season, played rather well until he gave a penalty away against Leeds, one error leads to him being dropped, and not featuring in the team for a good number of months, also bizarrely gets a trial with Manchester United

2. Liam Moore was doing well, got his breakthrough and performed a good partnership with Wes, especially in home games, then suddenly gets dropped, falls out of favour then get's loaned out.

3. We have one of the smallest and youngest squads in the division, but instead of adding to it, he decides to dismantle it by loaning out the likes of Moore and St Ledger, which leaves us with little defensive cover.

4. He signed Harry Kane on loan, first couple of games he played up front, and against Blackburn he played brilliantly, since then he hasn't featured as a striker, as Pearson has decided to play him on the wing, where he has been very poor.

5. He changes formation to a 4-3-3, which turns into a 4-5-1 as per usual, the formation becomes frustrating, hardly makes a difference and means Wood get's isolated as a lone striker.

6. Why does he still believe in Vardy, why can't he admit defeat and accept it's £1 million wasted, loan him out, then sell him in the summer and move on.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, but some of his decisions over the course of season have mounted up, and I'm beginning to think he has lost the plot.

If we fall out the play-offs and fail to get in them, then he is gone, all that hard work all season, leading to fook all would be the final nail in the coffin, it would be incredibly sickening, and it's hard thinking about it.

Zzzzz, is it NP's fault the players (who got us to top spot) have lost their nerve in the last few games? How on earth could he have foreseen their/ this collapse?

Reminds me of when we all questioned Pearsons decision making when he signed the lowly rated Wes Morgan

Mate, clearly with this signing the guys completely useless and had lost the plot quite a while a go.

NP NP out, Iain Dowie in!

Is our team lost confidence because all the unrest caused by Pearson ?????

Seam to be loaning out all our players;

Liam Moore should be working with this man quality defender should be in the squad

Danns seamed a leader in mid

Schlupp fantastic strong up coming talent. nearly lost him ( back with us thank F..k)

St Ledger been out for a long time bit rusty needs more playin time

Fuctas never really had a chance under pearson (yet he signed him)

Beckford a Tosser

The squad weve been playin with cant win a game so why are we loaning so many of our players out ??????????

Always liked pearson but he does seam to be losing the plot Di mataeo for me now !!!!

should have got whitbread out on loan

Did anyone acctually pay any attention to how SSL played against Derby. He was a fine example of having no match fitness what so ever. We can't afford to have that in the side at the moment, so why is sending him out on loan for games incase our season continues with the play offs a bad thing?

Liam Moore should be working with this man quality defender should be in the squad

Schlupp fantastic strong up coming talent. nearly lost him ( back with us thank F..k)

Beckford a Tosser

The squad weve been playin with cant win a game so why are we loaning so many of our players out ??????????

Always liked pearson but he does seam to be losing the plot Di mataeo for me now !!!!

Liam Moore the best way for him to develop is game time, he is not as good currently as any of our first choice players therefore will not develop so sending him out on loan is the correct decision.

Neil Danns - what has e done while at Bristol city or Huddersfield to make you think he is worthy of a place in our side? He is a headless chicken with very limited ability.

SSL needs match fitness we are not in a position to carry a player needing match fitness at the minute, let him get match for elsewhere then push for a place in the side if we get into the playoffs.

Fuctas is awful signed for free on low wages was worth a shot but given a couple of chances too many, really is a shocking excuse for a striker.

I agree with your point about Beckford.

Schluup I don't think Nige could stand in his way when united came sniffing, not yet ready for our first team as a forward but good cover for full back. If Nige had said no to United I think we would have had an unhappy jeff around the squad.

And Di Matteo seriously what makes you think a champions League winning manger would come and manage in the championship?

Great

A fresh round of games and a new wave of negativity

Couldn't agree more! The topic starter has had 2 weeks to moan, yet on the eve off our biggest game of the season so far now decides to spout their negativity! Great support

Beckford a Tosser

So Pearson is losing the plot for loaning a player out but he should have loaned a player out? Makes sense

Couldn't agree more! The topic starter has had 2 weeks to moan, yet on the eve off our biggest game of the season so far now decides to spout their negativity! Great support

In Kingfoxs defense he does tend to unnecessary moan all week long and not just on the eve of our big games

The Schlupp thing was a bit weird but maybe just an indication of our close relationship with someone at Man Utd which is probably a good thing.

The St Ledger thing is nothing, he probably asked for a move so NP let him go. You don't want sulky Irishmen around when youre trying to motivate players.

The Wood injury/non injury still bothers me a bit. Something defenitely happened there and looks as though it could have been the trigger for our collapse.

The change in formation bothers me even more. If Pearson was confident he would have stuck to his guns. Changing things betrays his lack of confidence in a team and system he has had well over a year to build.

I don't think he's lost the plot, but his limitations as a manager are being exposed. Let's not forget the next few games are massive for him as a manager. If we fall out of the play offs his reputation will be badly damaged and one suspects his future will be a slow drop down into low league obscurity. If he turns it around then he might still have a shot at being a Premier League manager. It's make or break for him much more than it is for the club. The man is under pressure.

Let's not forget the next few games are massive for him as a manager. If we fall out of the play offs his reputation will be badly damaged and one suspects his future will be a slow drop down into low league obscurity. If he turns it around then he might still have a shot at being a Premier League manager. It's make or break for him much more than it is for the club. The man is under pressure.

This is an interesting point. I've always assumed Pearson would go on to be a good manager and a top flight manager, either with Leicester or another club. But I suppose it could go the other way. There are many managers who have broken through and seemed the dogs cojones, only to fall away into obscurity. A case in point is Ian Dowie. There was a time when he was a sought after manager, even among Leicester fans.

But Pearson is better than this...isn't he?

Does anyone think Nigel has lost the plot, some will say no so fair enough, but quite frankly I'm getting pissed off with a lot of his decisions this season.

1. Schlupp had a spell at left-back earlier in the season, played rather well until he gave a penalty away against Leeds, one error leads to him being dropped, and not featuring in the team for a good number of months, also bizarrely gets a trial with Manchester United

2. Liam Moore was doing well, got his breakthrough and performed a good partnership with Wes, especially in home games, then suddenly gets dropped, falls out of favour then get's loaned out.

3. We have one of the smallest and youngest squads in the division, but instead of adding to it, he decides to dismantle it by loaning out the likes of Moore and St Ledger, which leaves us with little defensive cover.

4. He signed Harry Kane on loan, first couple of games he played up front, and against Blackburn he played brilliantly, since then he hasn't featured as a striker, as Pearson has decided to play him on the wing, where he has been very poor.

5. He changes formation to a 4-3-3, which turns into a 4-5-1 as per usual, the formation becomes frustrating, hardly makes a difference and means Wood get's isolated as a lone striker.

6. Why does he still believe in Vardy, why can't he admit defeat and accept it's £1 million wasted, loan him out, then sell him in the summer and move on.

1. One error didn't see him dropped, a poor game did. If Konchesky had underperformed quickly afterwards or Schlupp had done more when he got his chances off the bench he would have been startng more games. Pearson hardly had any say over the Manchester United trial, you can't tell a young player who isn't starting week in week out that they can't go on trial to Manchester United We'd been winning without him playing throughout January, no one was complaining then.

2. We've got better options than Liam Moore who at his age needs to be going out and playing football. Quite simple really.

3. We're not in that bad a position defensivley, De Laet (RB/LB), Keane (CB/RB), Morgan (CB), Whitbread (CB), Konchesky (LB) Schlupp (LB), with the season coming to a close that should be enough and I'm sure we've got recall clauses. You obviously just can't stand that St. Ledger has been sent out to Millwall (I'm less than thrilled about the destination), but really it's not that surprising. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leaving at the end of the season, Pearson was set to get rid before the Mills situation, then I believe he was injured when his sale was possible at the start of the season and in January we had injuries and as you say a relativley thin squad. I'm not saying Pearson doesn't want SSL, but it's still a possibility.

4. I agree. In fact I'd go further, Kane was an unnecesary signing as I said at the time.

5. He changed to a 4-5-1 because 4-4-2 wasn't working, our fans were bitching and complaining about him not being willing to change from a 4-4-2 if my memory serves me correctly. It's also worth pointing out that it actually worked for a little while.

6. He rarely plays Vardy now, give him a chance to make any decision on Vardy in the summer instead of judging him on what you think he's going to do.

And please, for the love of god, stop crying about Sean St. Ledger going to Millwall.

I'm a big Pearson fan but this season he has done some very strange things that I have to question and don't understand.

-His persistence with Vardy.

-Some tactics.

-No Plan B.

-SSL Loan.

Just to name a few.

Sacking him is not that answer, he has proved he has been one of our best managers since MON, not hard to achieve given who has managed us since but still he has been good for us, but this season some very strange decision's and monumental fuck ups (Whether your blame players or manager - Personally for that I blame players) have been made.

Did anyone acctually pay any attention to how SSL played against Derby. He was a fine example of having no match fitness what so ever. We can't afford to have that in the side at the moment, so why is sending him out on loan for games incase our season continues with the play offs a bad thing?

Did you not watch him against Cardiff the ?

All this hysteria over Sean St Fvcking Ledger lol

Players often become better when they aren't playing regularly.

St Ledger is a decent CB but Morgan and Keane have been reliable for us and Moore should be able to come back. We can't guarantee him game time so he goes on loan to another club.

I don't see the massive deal about it, or Pearson's reported meltdown.

Not sure if he's 'lost the plot'. I'm a Pearson fan and I still have faith in him, but he has made some strange decisions.

Most recently, the St Ledger loan. Obviously we only see the external part of the football club, something might have gone on internally, we don't know. But I don't get it. He is an International, better than Whitbread (imo) and we haven't exactly got loads of cover at the back, in addition to the fact De Laet has just come back from injury/still getting match fitness (not sure). St Ledger isn't a right full back naturally (see the Derby game), but he is a good enough centre half for any team in this division, and when he played consistently at the back with Morgan, we didn't concede too many goals.

I also rate Moore, but I understand why he was loaned out. He obviously needs to enhance as a footballer, he won't do that by sitting on the bench here. Again, Moore looked solid for us earlier in the season but now Keane has come in (another solid defender), Moore was always going to become second choice again. A loan to a decent team looking for promotion, Brentford, won't do him any harm and will certainly improve him which is good for Moore, Brentford and Leicester City.

Schlupp offers decent cover at left full back, but he is a winger/forward. Did well against Derby, scored, and ran at players. Needs to start today. It was strange when he joined up with Manchester United for a trial but there you go.

Some people moan about 442 but this is the formation we need to play. 433 does not work (Nugent and Kane are not wingers!) and it always turns into 451 anyway. We need to revert back to natural wingers (Marshall did well when he came on against Derby, for example) where they play consitently. Not playing one week, dropped another, that's not good enough for anybody, especially second-tier footballers. The two up top need to be Wood and Nugent. Nugent is not a winger, he needs to be central. We also need to play the ball out from the back, not play long ball where our goalkeeper seems to either kick it too far, or not to a blur shirt at all. It's no wonder Wood looks frustrated, he has nothing to feed on. We have some decent, technical footballers and long ball is not the way forward!

If we fall out of the play offs, which looks like we will given our recent form, he needs to seriously sort it out, that's if he is still manager (in which I hope he is). The likes of Dyer and Gallagher are not good enough for a club looking for promotion to the Premier League. Need a new left full back as well.

Looks like another shit stirrer being moved out the club .............

Hope he has some car tax now !!!

Them london traffic wardens will make mince-meat of SSl

Green eyed monster me thinks.

Are you stupid......?

There no problem with SSL at Leic, most popular player at the club with the manager and players.

WTF about Car Tax?

Get a life, sad lad

Archived