Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Has Pearson lost the plot?

Does anyone think Nigel has lost the plot, some will say no so fair enough, but quite frankly I'm getting pissed off with a lot of his decisions this season.

1. Schlupp had a spell at left-back earlier in the season, played rather well until he gave a penalty away against Leeds, one error leads to him being dropped, and not featuring in the team for a good number of months, also bizarrely gets a trial with Manchester United

2. Liam Moore was doing well, got his breakthrough and performed a good partnership with Wes, especially in home games, then suddenly gets dropped, falls out of favour then get's loaned out.

3. We have one of the smallest and youngest squads in the division, but instead of adding to it, he decides to dismantle it by loaning out the likes of Moore and St Ledger, which leaves us with little defensive cover.

4. He signed Harry Kane on loan, first couple of games he played up front, and against Blackburn he played brilliantly, since then he hasn't featured as a striker, as Pearson has decided to play him on the wing, where he has been very poor.

5. He changes formation to a 4-3-3, which turns into a 4-5-1 as per usual, the formation becomes frustrating, hardly makes a difference and means Wood get's isolated as a lone striker.

6. Why does he still believe in Vardy, why can't he admit defeat and accept it's £1 million wasted, loan him out, then sell him in the summer and move on.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, but some of his decisions over the course of season have mounted up, and I'm beginning to think he has lost the plot.

If we fall out the play-offs and fail to get in them, then he is gone, all that hard work all season, leading to fook all would be the final nail in the coffin, it would be incredibly sickening, and it's hard thinking about it.

"Lost the plot" is too extreme, I think mistakes have been made but I can't say he's actively derailing our season. Our recent trouble is because too many players are under performing and we can't solely blame that on the manager.

I understand the frustration but all the points mentioned are fairly minor things like players playing out of position and they're pretty justifiable too, he's got to try and alter things in order to stop this run of form.

I really don't understand the outrage from some of the people on here and LCFC facebook groups.

I don't get what the problem is with this decision. He's not had much game time recently, he'll get some at Millwall. He hasn't even come close to being a standout player for us, he won't be playing for Millwall tomorrow, he's potentially one of the higher earners at the club.

For me it's not even a questionable decision, it's just....fair enough.

I really don't understand the outrage from some of the people on here and LCFC facebook groups.

I don't get what the problem is with this decision. He's not had much game time recently, he'll get some at Millwall. He hasn't even come close to being a standout player for us, he won't be playing for Millwall tomorrow, he's potentially one of the higher earners at the club.

For me it's not even a questionable decision, it's just....fair enough.

Completely agree. Judging by the reactions you'd think we'd let Morgan go out on loan or something. I trust there's a recall clause in the deal in case we do have an injury crisis at the back, but even so, we've got adequate enough cover as it is.

1. Promising though Schlupp is, Konchesky is a hugely experienced player and more likely to perform well more often, although without the glamour of Schlupp. Also, if a young player is offered the chance to play for Man U, would any manager want to stand in his way?

2. Liam Moore is another player with huge potential and I think he is great. However, he is very young and inexperienced. He also made a few mistakes in games he played in. Michael Keane is likely to be an even better player than Moore when he matures and he has made very few mistakes. Pearson just thinks he is better and further along than Moore.

3. Last season was scuppered because we had too big a squad and it caused dissent. Pearson trimmed this down and it did result in a much better team spirit. Let's remember that O'Neill had his success with a very small squad and a starting lineup which didn't change much game to game.

4. The problem seems to be that all our wide players are out of form. One striker has to play out wide and Nugent and Wood are a better bet for a central spot. Although Nugent is supposed to be able to play wide left.

5. Managers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I remember Sven being lambasted for never playing 4-4-2. Now Pearson is criticised for only playing 4-4-2. Our form has been poor recently whether we have played 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 which turns into 4-5-1. I don't think the formation is the problem. A lightweight midfield which gets over run might be.

6. Thinks haven't worked out for Vardy this season after a promising start. Whether Pearson looks to move him on in the summer is neither here nor there at this point. He is contracted to the club and if he is the best available player to come of the bench, then he will do. Is it not worth persevering with Vardy to see if he comes good next year? I reckon he might be good.

7. You didn't have a 7 but we do seem very short of defensive cover. I hope St Ledger and Moore have recall clauses!

Completely agree. Judging by the reactions you'd think we'd let Morgan go out on loan or something. I trust there's a recall clause in the deal in case we do have an injury crisis at the back, but even so, we've got adequate enough cover as it is.

Exactly, and I'd expect the same thing of Moore's loan deal as well. It's his job he's looking after, he's not going to **** the team and his own position up for the hell of it.

I think this thing with SSL is odd.

When he was in the side we won five on the trot and we haven't really recovered since he's been out.

Harry Kane has been shocking IMO, must have something in his loan agreement that he has to be played or something.

Keane has been good but I would have thought that SSL would have walked back into the squad.

Schlupp has been an odd one. With Nuge & Wood up front can you really give him much game time, especially when I guess he's down the pecking order with Futacs, Vardy etc.

and on Vardy he hasn't been the same since the Blackburn game. I was immensely impressed Pre-season and vs Peterbo' at home. Ever since that goal was wrongly given offside he's just... collapsed.

Loan him out 'tl the end to someone like Gillingham/Port Vale/Sheffield Utd/Pompy and give some confidence.

Regardless. In Pearson I trust.

Also, on a funny note on FIFA 13, Logan asked for a transfer request because all he does is sit on the bench. So not like real life!

Does anyone think Nigel has lost the plot, some will say no so fair enough, but quite frankly I'm getting pissed off with a lot of his decisions this season.

No

1. Schlupp had a spell at left-back earlier in the season, played rather well until he gave a penalty away against Leeds, one error leads to him being dropped, and not featuring in the team for a good number of months, also bizarrely gets a trial with Manchester United

I'd play Schlupp all the time, I hate Konchesky - He's ****ing awful, but we do need experience alongside Keane & our defence is about the best in the division so it's difficult to pick too much fault.

2. Liam Moore was doing well, got his breakthrough and performed a good partnership with Wes, especially in home games, then suddenly gets dropped, falls out of favour then get's loaned out.

Made some howlers, needs game time, loan is a great opportunity.

3. We have one of the smallest and youngest squads in the division, but instead of adding to it, he decides to dismantle it by loaning out the likes of Moore and St Ledger, which leaves us with little defensive cover.

We've got flexible players at the back. I'd have sacked SSL after his Derby performance and then shot him, never mind anything else - he also seems to think he should be in the team and even tried to pick the team before despite being a bang average lower-Championship defender.

4. He signed Harry Kane on loan, first couple of games he played up front, and against Blackburn he played brilliantly, since then he hasn't featured as a striker, as Pearson has decided to play him on the wing, where he has been very poor.

Highly rated player who most on Ft were crying out for for a year or two now. Adds competition & was signed probably in part to cover Wood's injury.

5. He changes formation to a 4-3-3, which turns into a 4-5-1 as per usual, the formation becomes frustrating, hardly makes a difference and means Wood get's isolated as a lone striker.

Doesn't change the formation, everyone moans. Changes the formation to attempt to get results as the player's form slides and you moan.

6. Why does he still believe in Vardy, why can't he admit defeat and accept it's £1 million wasted, loan him out, then sell him in the summer and move on.

Not true at all. We saw a lot from him prior to his injury & illness to see why he was signed. Since then lost confidence, does need loaning out to regain his mojo, but NP has judged he needs his legs, effort etc to put a shift in.

---------

Let's see what tomorrow brings, but some of his decisions over the course of season have mounted up, and I'm beginning to think he has lost the plot.

If we fall out the play-offs and fail to get in them, then he is gone, all that hard work all season, leading to fook all would be the final nail in the coffin, it would be incredibly sickening, and it's hard thinking about it.

-------------

Only thing sickening is our fans, who despite the chance to regroup still moan like a bunch of *****.

Yes if he doesn't make the playoffs it will be difficult for him to stay, but I just don't get why, even now fans can't back the team for the final push... Just give that bit of confidence that saw us tear teams to shreds.

When we're any good we play a style that needs confidence to work... And still people want to remove the chance of getting it back.

**** this shit!

--------------

Ledge requested game time or loan. It was as simple as that, he is at his career peak and play for his country he needs to be playing to keep that going.

Simple really, why he big fuss. There is a call back clause.

Youre an Everton fan. Why are you bothered?

All this hysteria over Sean St Fvcking Ledger lol

It's been brimming up, but now he has crossed the line.

Yes I'm mad about St Ledger, but I'm mad about other things as well.

Guy has lost the plot, like Justin Bieber.

Archived