Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Martin O'Neill?

Not sure why any City fan wouldn't welcome him back with open arms. All we have had since is virtually rubbish which a lot of the younger fans who never watched us under MON seem to think is perfectly acceptable, even tho we have spent loads and been favourites for the last few years. Scraping into the play offs is nowhere near good enough if we don't win them. This has been the easiest league to get out of this season with all 3 relegated sides being hopeless. all you have to be is well organised and with a semblance of consistency which is why ordinary teams like Hull, Watford and palace are up there without spending much and having been average last season.

The last 10 games have been a shambles, to go 1 win in 10 with the squad we have in this division is nothing short of embarrassing . Those who keep saying about stability Swansea went up in Rodgers first season, Hull look like going up in Bruce's first season , Blackpool even got up on a shoestring with Holloway only being there a season or so. There's no point in stability if you are failing in your goal.

If he comes back and it doesn't work out I will still remember him for being a great manager for us first time around. To not even think he is any good anymore is insulting to him. He has been sacked once in about 20 years managing and hasn't been relegated. It just never worked out at Sunderland sometimes that happens look at Holloway with us it doesn't mean he is a crap manager.

If MON wants the job give it to him.

Rather have McDermott

How many years did Brian McDermott take to get Reading promoted? The season they did get promoted they had a terrible start to the season, most people on here would have been screaming for his blood by October if we'd have started like that.

How many years did Brian McDermott take to get Reading promoted? The season they did get promoted they had a terrible start to the season, most people on here would have been screaming for his blood by October if we'd have started like that.

couple of seasons I think, they also reached a playoff final if I'm not mistaken.

If NP did go he would be top of my list, can get average looking teams promoted.

5 candidates to replace NP (Mick McCarthy, RDM, MON, McDermott and Warnock) - because they have managed to achieve promotion which is what we want. But if the Thais are looking long term for prem success which they are then MON and Di Matteo are the only standout candidates which would be able to do the job.

5 candidates to replace NP (Mick McCarthy, RDM, MON, McDermott and Warnock) - because they have managed to achieve promotion which is what we want. But if the Thais are looking long term for prem success which they are then MON and Di Matteo are the only standout candidates which would be able to do the job.

dream on.

Nothing would guarantee that any of those candidates would get us out of this league within the 1-2 year period that a large number of our fans seem to expect.

Also, I don't personally rate McCarthy, McDermott or Warnock as much as Pearson. There is no way in hell that McDermott would've got Reading promoted in the same amount of time that we've given Pearson during his second spell.

Not sure why any City fan wouldn't welcome him back with open arms. All we have had since is virtually rubbish which a lot of the younger fans who never watched us under MON seem to think is perfectly acceptable, even tho we have spent loads and been favourites for the last few years. Scraping into the play offs is nowhere near good enough if we don't win them. This has been the easiest league to get out of this season with all 3 relegated sides being hopeless. all you have to be is well organised and with a semblance of consistency which is why ordinary teams like Hull, Watford and palace are up there without spending much and having been average last season.

The last 10 games have been a shambles, to go 1 win in 10 with the squad we have in this division is nothing short of embarrassing . Those who keep saying about stability Swansea went up in Rodgers first season, Hull look like going up in Bruce's first season , Blackpool even got up on a shoestring with Holloway only being there a season or so. There's no point in stability if you are failing in your goal.

If he comes back and it doesn't work out I will still remember him for being a great manager for us first time around. To not even think he is any good anymore is insulting to him. He has been sacked once in about 20 years managing and hasn't been relegated. It just never worked out at Sunderland sometimes that happens look at Holloway with us it doesn't mean he is a crap manager.

If MON wants the job give it to him.

This

A serious question. Why do people want him back so badly? What will make him so great? We want to play in the premier league. So is employing a manager who has just fluffed up a premier league team the really right way to go? He was great for us once. That means nothing.

A serious question. Why do people want him back so badly? What will make him so great? We want to play in the premier league. So is employing a manager who has just fluffed up a premier league team the really right way to go? He was great for us once. That means nothing.

Harry Redknapp once took Southampton down does that mean he is a bad manager? The reason most people want Martin back is because he is the best candidate that we are linked with.

Harry Redknapp once took Southampton down does that mean he is a bad manager? The reason most people want Martin back is because he is the best candidate that we are linked with.

How are QPR doing again? :whistle:

Question for everyone?

If NP is sacked & if (though not likely imo) MON came back,& got us up somehow this season.Next season we lose our 1st 4 or 5 games & we are bottom by October.The fans get on his & the teams back.Do we sack him?

Just asking thats all.

Question for everyone?

If NP is sacked & if (though not likely imo) MON came back,& got us up somehow this season.Next season we lose our 1st 4 or 5 games & we are bottom by October.The fans get on his & the teams back.Do we sack him?

Jesus no.

Just asking thats all.

http://www.telegraph...-his-sword.html

O’Neill has already been identified as a leading contender to take over at Elland Road and the Leeds board are preparing to make an ambitious approach, with former Bolton manager Owen Coyle also emerging as a likely candidate.

O’Neill, 61, was dismissed by Sunderland on Saturday night and wants to have a short sabbatical but Leeds are ready to place him near the top of their shortlist, with a view to making a permanent appointment in the summer.

The Northern Irishman was sacked and replaced by Paolo Di Canio at the Stadium of Light and Leeds may need to move quickly as one of his former clubs Leicester City could also target him if they terminate Nigel Pearson’s contract.

Question for everyone?

Just asking thats all.

No Martin is a god and will always be a god

I don't care if you don't believe me but someone has told me he's been contacted by the club before today and was asked what kind of money he would want. The person isn't a liar and he works in some capacity at the club. Why am I telling you know ? I've just got of the phone to them. Pearson compensation has not been agreed. Hence no announcement. He was basically sacked before today though. Portugal trip was the last chance but the owners have been working out his compensation after Millwall. I'm honestly just passing on what I've been told and I've message Young on facebook to comfirm if its true. He said maybe ...

Question for everyone?

Just asking thats all.

Yes I want anyone who doesn't get us promoted sacked and keep on sacking untill we get someone who does. Is that not what it's all about ?

A few shouts for MON if (when) Pearson goes, my concern is would O'neill be able to motivate this lot?

Sunderland this season have been poor, has he lost that spark he had, 15+ yrs is a long time in football.

When he was here before in the mid 90's he motivated & hyped these players up before they crossed the white line to thinking they were better or the equal of their opponents - back then Cantona, Beckham, Bergkamp.

This current crop of players already believe (because of their pay in relation to the rest of the Championship) that they are Top Dogs.

Can he motivate the modern day footballer?

Ferguson aside - many managers, including our National side (Capello) struggle to get these overpaid players playing. Even Redknapp, no great coach, but a supposedly excellent motivator has struggled at QPR.

Maybe we need to continue in the long term with a youngish manager. I get the impression sometimes from the way Pearson comes across in the media, that he can be a bit old before his time, perhaps he detaches himself from young players. Though I do believe a manager around his age or younger is the answer.

The age of some of the successful manager's who could or have got teams out of the Championship have been fairly young. Rodgers, Adkins, Hughton, McDermott and Mackay is about to do it.

Archived