Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Martin O'Neill?

If nothing else, and I share concerns about his ability to do t without Robertson, getting the bloke in would put thousands on the gate and bring a bit of positivity to the place. Can you imagine the atmosphere for his first game back if we could tempt him to return? It would be fantastic.

Martin n co were great for City the last time but if he came this time I don't think Robertson would come with him, sadly I think this is what was missing at Sunderland and would be at the KP.

If all 3 came back though hmmm dreams.

Besides though we have Pearson and I think if we did still make the playoffs top n co would keep him.

If nothing else, and I share concerns about his ability to do t without Robertson, getting the bloke in would put thousands on the gate and bring a bit of positivity to the place. Can you imagine the atmosphere for his first game back if we could tempt him to return? It would be fantastic.

Yeah but what then? Not having a go at you mate but it seems a lot of people are thinking about the atmosphere for the first few games back and not a lot beyond that. I love the guy but I just don't think he's the same MON who led us in those great times.

Yeah but what then? Not having a go at you mate but it seems a lot of people are thinking about the atmosphere for the first few games back and not a lot beyond that. I love the guy but I just don't think he's the same MON who led us in those great times.

Oh I agree that it's about more than the atmosphere in the short term. But if we are to replace Pearson, either now or in May, there isn't a better available candidate than O'Neill (I'd have chosen Adkins over him) and we should be going for the best available candidate. He certainly has better credentials than the current incumbent, although he is far from alone on that score. It might also be the one job that Robertson could be tempted back for.

Never going to happen, stop kidding yourselves.

Whilst I don't expect it if there was ever going to be a chance this is it. Premier League clubs will probably see him as a busted flush. We have a bit of cash and a set of populist owners. The conditions are right.

Oh I agree that it's about more than the atmosphere in the short term. But if we are to replace Pearson, either now or in May, there isn't a better available candidate than O'Neill (I'd have chosen Adkins over him) and we should be going for the best available candidate. He certainly has better credentials than the current incumbent, although he is far from alone on that score. It might also be the one job that Robertson could be tempted back for.

Fair do's, agree with many of your points there. I'd actually prefer NP to stay but as you say if he was to go then MON looks the best candidate by a mile. My fear is that in that instance it just wouldn't be the same and think it'd compromise his God-like status among LCFC fans! I do see where you're coming from though, absolutely.

So torn.

MO'N was a genuine, boda fide hero of my teenage years. He presided over the best Leicester City side I have ever seen and may ever live to see. I'll never forget those days and will always hold the bloke in the highest esteem for the success we had.

If I were to be offered the chance of those days coming back, I would of course snap your hand off. Swansea have shown it is possible for a team to go up and thrive in the Premiership, even 16 years after we did exactly the same trick. The atmosphere upon his return would be stunning, the Leicester public's imagination would be well and truly captured and we'd likely have a honeymoon period. Watching a team as average as Forest go on a six game winning run has shown that honeymoon periods can and do happen, and they wouldn't come much more special than O'Neill coming back.

It is however equally likely that his time at Sunderland is indicative of a decline and everything goes wrong for him, and nothing would be worse than that. The amazing memories would remain but would be somehow diminished if that were to happen.

We are of course all forgetting Pearson is still manager and that one point off the play-offs with seven games to go isn't necessarily season over.

O'Neil looks depressed with life let alone football and has done for months. I personally think he will stick to punditry now, he has probably reached the top of his game and looks to be on the way down. Can't see him risking coming back here to become yet another Leicester City manager failure.

That just isn't how management works. Fairly or unfairly it is the job of the manager to get a team performing and if they don't he gets the push. If my staff don't perform there isn't a chance my directors will accept me telling them it's the fault of my staff. Everybody is responsible for their own actions but a manager is there to be accountable when it goes wrong. I would disagree that at this level the single biggest factor is footballing ability. They're all much of a muchness in this league. The difference is the bloke in charge. Again, that's the same in football and in real life.

The players aren't the biggest factor? Sorry but I just don't accept that at all. Managers have a big impact but it's the players who affect the result the most IMO. This argument comes down to a difference in opinion, I can tell neither of us is going to convince the other to change their view.

I'd like to point out that if your analysis is correct then the Championship will roughly resemble the rankings of every manager in the league. So lets see how that works out, Sean O'Driscoll did okay at Forest this season (8th when sacked) yet he's been unable to drag Bristol City out of the relegation zone - can't be that hard can it? He's roughly the eighth best manager in the league. It's inexplicable.

The players aren't the biggest factor? Sorry but I just don't accept that at all. Managers have a big impact but it's the players who affect the result the most IMO. This argument comes down to a difference in opinion, I can tell neither of us is going to convince the other to change their view.

I'd like to point out that if your analysis is correct then the Championship will roughly resemble the rankings of every manager in the league. So lets see how that works out, Sean O'Driscoll did okay at Forest this season (8th when sacked) yet he's been unable to drag Bristol City out of the relegation zone - can't be that hard can it? He's roughly the eighth best manager in the league. It's inexplicable.

So it would be quite impossible for a manager like err Billy Davies to take over a team who had won just one game in seven and take them on a run of seven wins on the bounce with virtually the same players...... :dunno:

Glad we cleared that up..... :thumbup:

Wouldn't want him back. Done a half arsed job at Sunderland, I'm probably the only Leicester fan who doesn't hail the ground he walks on.

You must be too young to remember what he did when he was here.

Was nothing sort of a fooking miracle.

You must be too young to remember what he did when he was here.

Was nothing sort of a fooking miracle.

Nope, I had a season ticket from 96 onwards, I appreciate what he did for us massively, but going back in for him would be a massive mistake! Not to mention he is a needy sod! He expected villa to run on £30 million a season!

After the impact he had first time around, why risk ruining that? Leave him be and let Nigel get on with it! Martins time has been and gone!

Archived