Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Martin O'Neill?

He used us before, by tempting the Thai's into sacking Sven before they came after him, it was all to keep his own name in the press, he never wanted the job.

Hope he doesn't do it again. To be honest with the terrible job he has done at Sunderland, I'd rather keep Pearson. MON is a god among men, i'd rather keep it that way.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also, hate to say it, but I don't think he's the manager he once was.

Ironic that is how the Pearson fans view Pearson now! Wins league 1 and can do no wrong!

Is 7th really that bad? Really? You make it out to be some kind of disaster when it blatantly isn't.

What I was saying was that if Pearson finished 10th he'd be hated and you know I'm right, he'd be hated by some fans.

If O'Neill did the same he'd still be loved by those same fans, they'd still want him to continue next season because of his past achievements.

He'd come back, he only turned us down last time because the Sunderland job was about to crop up and he wanted to manage his boyhood team. That's a fact.

If the owners have got any balls, they'll be on the phone to his agent right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson is gone by Tuesday morning at the latest.

MON is a true legend of this football club and is welcome back anytime, i'm unsure if this would work purely because he spent alot of money at sunderland and they sit fifth from bottom! To be fair he deserved the sack there, did worse than Steve Bruce. None the less be great to see him back :)

Though saying that he was offered the job last year but turned it down! Also I won't be surprised if MON goes into retirement now, he's over 60 you know!

Then again if we lose to Barnsley on Monday!, MON could be hovering around the king power.

Is 7th really that bad? Really? You make it out to be some kind of disaster when it blatantly isn't.

Yes, when we were looking comfortable in 2nd only a few weeks ago but since have been in freefall and I can't see where it's going to change.

I'm a Pearson fan for the record, my problem is not with Pearson and I don't see what good sacking Pearson would do, I'd give him next season aswell, my problem is firmly with the players.

But in response to you question 7th is bad considering where we were and how we were playing to where we are and how we are playing.

If Pearson isn't already bugging the phones of the Thais, he should probably start as I imagine they'll on the blower soon.

That being said, I doubt he'll come back. And I'm not sure I'd want him to tarnish his reputation here if his magic has gone since John Robertson retired.

O'Neil and Robertson have always struck me like Clough and Taylor. One can't really do without the other.

I can see both sides. I'd LOVE to seen Martin return to the club. He has so much more charisma than Pearson. On the other hand, I'd hate for him to return and fail.

I wouldn't be surprised if he now finally hangs up his managerial boots. I suspect he's very upset he's not done well at the Macams.

What have we got to lose absolutely nothing would love MON back here he has unfinished business here imo.

Unfinished business? Are you mental? Bar winning the FA Cup or getting us in the Champions League he can't do better than what he did in his first spell. And neither of those look particularly likely right now.

I've been to 8 Sunderland games this season and honestly it has been ****ing dire everytime. He won't leave his 4411 and once they go down they never look like getting back into the game.

His signings have been absolutely terrible too, Danny Graham has shown nothing to justify £5m, and as for Adam Johnson for £15m- Dyer has had a better season than he is and would have made more of an influence than him in the Sunderland team. N'diaye looks awful and he currently plays with 2 centre miss at full back. They had 3 strikers on the books in January and then he sent Wickham on loan. Eventually brought him back as he realised two strikers in the squad would do nothing.

I never got to see O'Neill at Leicester. I'd loved to have seen the success he brought us but based on what I've seen at Sunderland this season and last, I can't see it. This could just be a blip mind you as he has been great everywhere else and if we had the start now that he had at the start of his time at the stadium of light, we'll be playing premier league football next season.

What I was saying was that if Pearson finished 10th he'd be hated and you know I'm right, he'd be hated by some fans.

If O'Neill did the same he'd still be loved by those same fans, they'd still want him to continue next season because of his past achievements.

Come on!! How can you say 7th is not a disaster!!! A few weeks ago the Pearson brigade said at least we are safely in the play offs, then they said at least we are In the play offs, and now it seems 7th is good enough!!!!!

7th is not a disaster if you climb there from 20th. 7th IS a disaster when you fall there from 2nd

He had a fabulous start with Sunderland, unfortunately for Martin he's never really bought well when he's had lots of cash and he tends to be slow in transfer market then finds himself paying daft money in panic mode, Fenton cost over a million back in the day and he paid over the odds for the likes of impey and eadie, of course he unearthed the legends izzet, lennon etc for much smaller fees but id still have him back in a heartbeat.

No, he's lost his spark that he had with us, we are a very different club to the one he left and when Pearson goes we should go for someone fresh with no history at the club.

He was superb for us but let's leave it there, as the great memories.

How can you lose your spark exactly?

Just curious to know.

He just looks a different character, he used to get the best out of average players, used to bounce around in the technical area, doesn't do that anymore.

Archived