Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

wellens,gallagher,danns,beckford,St Ledger!

Don't people think getting rid of these players on £20k a week and not even playing for the club would be the tipping point for the club to become successfull again! Rather then changing the manager again. I just feel like having these players around in person or even away from the club are inhibiting what Nigel can do with the squad. Ego's and money being wasted every week. I just feel like Nigel would of signed better quality rather then Vardy and Futacs to make up numbers within a much smaller budget. I'm just basing this on Nigel clearing the decks at Hull and signing players like Koren,Vito Mannone,Jay Simpson,Chester,Bostock, Stewart who was awesome before his leg break and Brady. They were also a good away team breaking Forests unbeaten Home record. Just making the point seeing that he hasn't been able to offload these high earners on long contracts yet. Which would surely be the case this summer!

Unfortunately not to be the case from tomorrow by the looks of things! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair I thought Pearson should have got rid of these players at the start of the season and replaced them with better players, said it all season.

I'm sure he would have. But, unfortunately these players aren't going to move permanently for a pay cut and they are on way too much thanks to Sven. Since they aren't being played regularly it means they aren't worth that much. Spiralling down to a ****load of overpaid useless players really...

no one wants them when they have 2-3 years on there contracts. Fact Nigel will get another job in the championship and get promotion. Purely because he'll have a budget not strained by the fact he'll have 5 shit players on crazy money!

no one wants them when they have 2-3 years on there contracts. Fact Nigel will get another job in the championship and get promotion. Purely because he'll have a budget not strained by the fact he'll have 5 shit players on crazy money!

This isn't a fact you are guessing at the future.

Don't people think getting rid of these players on £20k a week and not even playing for the club would be the tipping point for the club to become successfull again! Rather then changing the manager again. I just feel like having these players around in person or even away from the club are inhibiting what Nigel can do with the squad. Ego's and money being wasted every week. I just feel like Nigel would of signed better quality rather then Vardy and Futacs to make up numbers within a much smaller budget. I'm just basing this on Nigel clearing the decks at Hull and signing players like Koren,Vito Mannone,Jay Simpson,Chester,Bostock, Stewart who was awesome before his leg break and Brady. They were also a good away team breaking Forests unbeaten Home record. Just making the point seeing that he hasn't been able to offload these high earners on long contracts yet. Which would surely be the case this summer!

Unfortunately not to be the case from tomorrow by the looks of things! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a stupid post this is .the players you put in your title have hardly played for the club this season so yes lets blame them you arsehole

To be fair I thought Pearson should have got rid of these players at the start of the season and replaced them with better players, said it all season.

You can only sell if someone is willing to buy, on their money it's not easy.

Thing is that players like Danns and Ledge should not of been allowed out on loan. Both played reasonably well at the end of last season and could definitely do a job for our club. Looking at it you cannot blame any of the players you have mentioned, none of them have had a decent run in the squad. We should be pointing fingers at the current players in the team.

I think that's the point he's trying to make.

None of the above though have been given a decent run in the team this year though? I do reckon however that the likes of Wellens and Gallagher need to go and the wage budget needs adjusting. I'd love to keep hold of Beckford and hope for the form he had at Leeds but we haven't seen enough from him and with us paying his big wage, maybe it's time he went too.

Not agreeing, just pointing out that maybe he mis-understood. Beckford had his chance, with both Sven and Pearson. He's done next to nothing. Maybe the wages are going to his head? Hey, I wouldn't blame him either...he's the one coming out with 30k a week no matter what he does. What does really baffle me, is that a few of the players don't look like they want to be here? I like most people, would give my left bollock to be a professional footballer.. never mind being paid top dollar for it.

Spot on there. We can all point fingers at these 'dead wood' players but really the problem of this football club lie with the current players in the team. They all need a kick up the arse, and being paid a nice wedge every month for kicking a football about, you would of thought they'd show a little bit of passion and determination to help the club and push us forward but obviously not. I hope this team meeting happens today. These players need a right sorting out, thing is, is Pearson the man to do it?

This is NFP's team now so no excuses whatsoever he is not delivering the goods so get rid. I would of said that when a manager inherits a team that it is his team then! but I am in the minority with that viewpoint.

This is NFP's team now so no excuses whatsoever he is not delivering the goods so get rid. I would of said that when a manager inherits a team that it is his team then! but I am in the minority with that viewpoint.

That's fair enough. I think the OP makes a good point, though - we do have a fair few reserves on silly money, and if only we could sell them, we would be able to have a bigger and/or better squad on the current budget. We're getting god awful value for money on some of our players.

Its just a massive shame that its turned out how it has.. I feel more confused than angry, has this ever been done before? I don't even know. Talking to some of the lads at work last night and they were just the same as me, what are we actually gonna achieve by sacking Pearson? I think most can see that its the right call to dismiss him, I suppose we'll just see what happens.

You could sign 3 quality players for Hoofsky's wage alone.

The amount these players are being played makes it very difficult to get rid... It also causes a bit of resentment among everyone else.

NP already got rid of 30+ players, replaced them with comparatively few young players and set us on the road to sustainability.

Wonder, especially with the pressure whether it will mean this process is thrown out the windows and we have to start all over again. With the form we're in, it looks likely.

We're capable of playing the best football I've ever seen us play so I'd sooner see this side added to rather than wholesale changes... But getting players who earn 3 times more than the division's going rate off the books is key to us being able to have a larger squad than we have now & the ability to rotate players out who are in awful form.

Arguably it's a work in process that our form may mean Pearson isn't given chance to finish - There is nothing to rejoice in that, even among the short-termism vocal idiots.

What I really want to know though, is what does Wood have over Pearson, that means he has to play to the detriment of the style of the rest of the team that saw us play such good stuff.

OP's logic:

Sell all the players that currently have nothing to do with the shocking football being played' date=' and that will fix all our problems.[/quote']

Silly sod. Hell, at the minute, I'd start all 5 of them. Can't be any worse than the shower I saw at Barnsley.

The thing is, as much as I agree with you, we have 21 players currently. We don't have options. Take those players out and we're left with 16; 11 players on the pitch and 5 on the bench... There's still a lot of sorting out to do for next season. I think it's for the best if we have one more season in the Championship.

Anyone know how long these players have left on their contracts? I thought there was a thread with contract lengths etc. but couldn't find it.

I think their final year is next season? I could be wrong but I vaguely remember most signing three year contracts back in 2011...

You could sign 3 quality players for Hoofsky's wage alone.

I wonder whether this is why NP hasn't signed another left back as cover - maybe he thought that the amount Konch is on is as much as he wants to spend to cover the left back provision.

I think very few of our players are out of contract this year - Wellens is the only one I think. Gally is 2015, as is Beckford and I think St Ledge, Konch and Danns are all 2014.

I think it is another season on loan for these players - if we don't go up I wouldn't expect major changes, I'm expected 2 or 3 perms and a couple of loans

Archived