Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Drinkwater...again

:nono::facepalm:

His form is seriously pissing me off, his performances are one of the most depressing things about this current poor run of form.

What has gone wrong with him, he has gone back to his overrated and negative self, after such a good start to the season.

You can't blame other players around him, because James and King have done alright of late, but Drinkwater has been poor for months, when on the ball we can't get any urgency going, because he either slows it down, looks sideways or backwards, or takes too many unnecessary touches.

He is not talented, he is not one of our main players, he is not part of our "spine", James is the best midfielder we have, not Drinkwater, Drinky needs to up his game, or he can be sold.

Like every player he's going through a rough spell. He is a good player IMO but he isn't playing well at the moment. You're free to criticise him of course but I think it's a step too far to say he should be moved on. He was very good, as many were, earlier in the season.

Yeah, you can just stroll up to Old Trafford and they'll give you a contract.

Did he come through Manchester United though, did he make a first team appearance for Manchester United?

No he didn't, because he got loaned out, had two very poor loan spells at Cardiff and Watford, starred at Barnsley until we picked him up.

We've seen many kids at Manchester United Mark, some have made it some haven't, and some who haven't have gone on too have average careers, look at Danny Webber for instance.

Did he come through Manchester United though, did he make a first team appearance for Manchester United?

No he didn't, because he got loaned out, had two very poor loan spells at Cardiff and Watford, starred at Barnsley until we picked him up.

We've seen many kids at Manchester United Mark, some have made it some haven't, and some who haven't have gone on too have average careers, look at Danny Webber for instance.

Pearson wanted him during his first spell.

In fact he wanted cleverly was his second choice behind Drinkwater.

Do you realise the competition there is just to get a trial at united? He managed it, can't all of a sudden be a shit player!

Well we looked much better with the 3 in the middle than when he was took off and we switched back to 442. Maybe if we had a stronger midfield come the end of the match they'd have been a midfielder there to rescue Nugent before he self destruct? Who knows, but as I say most weeks I'm not comfortable with 442 with the choice of central midfielders available to us.

One of a number who've been struggling recently and are suddenly shit players.

NP and squad out!

Honestly........

Some of this shit on here is.....just awful.

My Missus is up the duff and I'm praying it's a girl, just so I don't have to put it through this sh1t. If it's a lad I'm honestly thinking about taking him down Burton Albion. I might be stuck with so many deluded idiots because unfortunatley it's in my blood but I feel I would be failing as a parent if I subjected to him to this shit.

What happened to this club?

I'm getting peed off with Drinkwater for two reasons:

1) Though he tends to keep possession, he slows attacks down far too much with his easy, negative passes

2) Though he hassles opposition midfielders in a token way, he doesn't actually put a foot in enough for me

Up until the last two months drinkwater had been one of our most consistent players and was key in our team, he is playing crap at the minute but then so is the rest of the team.

The defence has still be consistently good of late, of course have played better this season, but De Laet, Morgan, Keane and Konchesky aren't playing crap like some other players. James and King aren't doing too bad either.

The problems are Drinkwater, Knockaert, Marshall, Nugent and Wood.

The defence has still be consistently good of late, of course have played better this season, but De Laet, Morgan, Keane and Konchesky aren't playing crap like some other players. James and King aren't doing too bad either.

The problems are Drinkwater, Knockaert, Marshall, Nugent and Wood.

absolutely this.

But what is the underlying reason why so many are off form at the same time? I havent got a clue so have no idea how to put it right

A public flogging may be in order? I'm not one to go trawling through old threads but if my memory serves me right some on here now slagging him off were sucking him off earlier in the season! I feel the team slump has taken it's toll and finger pointing is fickle and futile. Age, experience and maturity are lacking in areas of our team, though without time how can this change?

Archived