Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Big screen v F****t

Now wouldn't it be cool if they could show screenings live at local cinemas? 3D or Imax?

I remember my brother going to watch the Tony Sibson/Marvin Hagler fight live at the Odeon which was being screened from Massachusetts. And that was back in 1983.

I'm hoping for Sky to cover this game. There's no chance of me getting a ticket for this. All depends on the situation at the time because if we're still both fighting for playoffs, it's a must win game, surely they will cover it.

:fc:

Now wouldn't it be cool if they could show screenings live at local cinemas? 3D or Imax?

I remember my brother going to watch the Tony Sibson/Marvin Hagler fight live at the Odeon which was being screened from Massachusetts. And that was back in 1983.

I've always thought there'd be some market for cinemas to screen live games for a small charge.

Obviously sky pump more money in or it'd probably have been done by now

As Vlad said they did it not that many years ago for important games not on TV, they held it in a function room somewhere in the Walkers, so can't see there being much of a problem. I imagine if it's live on sky people would rather watch it in a pub though.

They used to do it regularly when we were in the prem. Think it cost about tenner a ticket and they used to have it on in the function rooms so you could drink while it was on.

I'm sure they had about 7/8 that season. I remember watching Porstmouth away as well as Southampton on a Monday when Dabizas made his debut.

Not sure if it can be done BUT. What about the BIG screen in the town.Is there not a way that

it could be shown on that.

Imagine Thousands of city fans watching it there.Or would the police have a say in it?

Wasn't it put there for showing BIG events if so for us Leicester fans it doesn't get much bigger.

Bet if it was the Tigers they'd show it.

I suggested this idea the other day in the ticket thread. Everyone who doesn't go can watch together, no trouble and the club can still make money via drink/food sales (prices cheaper than matchday though!)

I emailed fanzone and this was their response -

"Dear Jake,

Thank you for your email to fanzone. This is something we are looking at for supporters but no decision can made at the moment, however, if anything can be done we will make an announcement.

Kind Regards"

So hopefully something will happen!

Not sure if it can be done BUT. What about the BIG screen in the town.Is there not a way that

it could be shown on that.

Imagine Thousands of city fans watching it there.Or would the police have a say in it?

Wasn't it put there for showing BIG events if so for us Leicester fans it doesn't get much bigger.

Bet if it was the Tigers they'd show it.

I was thinking that, it'd be an ideal solution and would draw loads of people into town.

Thinking about it - it's very likely that the game's outcome will decide if us or Forest get into the playoffs, and as a derby with so much at stake there could be monumental fighting in Nottingham whatever the outcome. Nottingham police won't want anyone in town from Leicester, especially those who don't have tickets to the game so they would probably push the idea to Leicester Constabulary/council

Also, loads extra people in town for the day would benefit shops, pubs, cafes, the market, thousands who couldn't get a ticket - would be a shame if it didn't happen really

I emailed fanzone and this was their response -

"Dear Jake,

Thank you for your email to fanzone. This is something we are looking at for supporters but no decision can made at the moment, however, if anything can be done we will make an announcement.

Kind Regards"

So hopefully something will happen!

Professional no IMO, unfortunately.

Archived