Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

Watford Away - SOLD OUT.Tickets, Wanted or for Sale - stick it in here!

Guest ttfn

Considering 700 tickets have gone missing I don't know what your going on about, players come and go fans are here forever.

Eh? What on earth does that have to do with what we were talking about? You were saying it's a disgrace that players get given tickets full stop. I called you out on it.

If 700 tickets have gone missing, that's ridiculous, and the club are to blame. But to do some very basic maths, if 35 members of club staff got given 5 tickets each (which would be an awful lot, probably too much), then 525 tickets are still unaccounted for. Which means that the problem really isn't to do with the players' tickets at all.

If I was earning over £5k a week of course I would

You'd do what? Accept a handout from your son? Or have you mis-read what I said. Again.

Eh? What on earth does that have to do with what we were talking about? You were saying it's a disgrace that players get given tickets full stop. I called you out on it.

If 700 tickets have gone missing, that's ridiculous, and the club are to blame. But to do some very basic maths, if 35 members of club staff got given 5 tickets each (which would be an awful lot, probably too much), then 525 tickets are still unaccounted for. Which means that the problem really isn't to do with the players' tickets at all.

You'd do what? Accept a handout from your son? Or have you mis-read what I said. Again.

If you actually read my post properly then you would see I don't have a problem with them getting tickets throughout the season but when there is only 2000 available it shouldn't be aloud and is a disgrace.

Guest ttfn

If you actually read my post properly then you would see I don't have a problem with them getting tickets throughout the season but when there is only 2000 available it shouldn't be aloud and is a disgrace.

lol.

I did read it properly.

And then I asked, should they not get to see their kids play in the biggest game of their careers, in some cases?

How would you feel if your son was playing in the biggest match of his life and you couldn't go?

Idiot, I was on about your first quote "Do you give a sizeable chunk of your weekly wage to your family?"

If I was earning 5k a week of course I would give my family money.

lol.

I did read it properly.

And then I asked, should they not get to see their kids play in the biggest game of their careers, in some cases?

How would you feel if your son was playing in the biggest match of his life and you couldn't go?

No they shouldn't if there is 1700 fans paying thousands every year to watch them play week in week out.

They should get a ticket in the Watford directors box or watch it on TV. like I said fans are here forever players come and go, with the exception of Andy King

Guest ttfn

What if I was to tell you that a fair few tickets (not sure of specifics, but probably at least 20-30) go to former directors, who saved the club from administration, losing tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds of their own money in the process? 

Where does that fit on your moral scale?

I think to imagine that an allocation of 2500 is going to mean 2500 tickets going to fans is fanciful. I absolutely agree that any less than, say, 90% of those tickets being made available to P1 and P2 is very, very disappointing.

Guest ttfn

No they shouldn't if there is 1700 fans paying thousands every year to watch them play week in week out.

They should get a ticket in the Watford directors box or watch it on TV. like I said fans are here forever players come and go, with the exception of Andy King

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO GET TICKETS IN THE WATFORD DIRECTORS BOX?

What about Andy King's family then, are they allowed tickets?

I would suggest that instead of extremely valuable away tickets, they could be given the same home end tickets the players for the home team get, but knowing how stupid some supporters can be...

A practical suggestion at least. What happens if their kid scores a huge goal though? It's tricky.

Idiot, I was on about your first quote "Do you give a sizeable chunk of your weekly wage to your family?"

If I was earning 5k a week of course I would give my family money.

Well you should have replied to that then, sorry.

Guest ttfn

I bet you wouldn't see them on a cold night in Plymouth watching there son play

Ok, let me tell you for a fact.

I very vaguely know one of the players' parents. From chatting to them I know they have never missed their son play for the club and have on occasion travelled 200+ miles to see him left out of the squad and then stayed and cheered the team on anyway.

What happens to them in this situation?

I don't give a shit what you think anyway, The fans are the most important thing to the club.

I agree. I just think you are not even trying to be pragmatic about it.

There is not a ****ing chance the away leg should have sold out. Few of my mates are P2 and they sold out before they could buy one! David Nugent had about 6 family members at the Forest game. ****ing disgraceful.

He had 3.

What if I was to tell you that a fair few tickets (not sure of specifics, but probably at least 20-30) go to former directors, who saved the club from administration, losing tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds of their own money in the process? 

Where does that fit on your moral scale?

I think to imagine that an allocation of 2500 is going to mean 2500 tickets going to fans is fanciful. I absolutely agree that any less than, say, 90% of those tickets being made available to P1 and P2 is very, very disappointing.

So should the fans that had shares in the club and also lost a lot of money relatively speaking when it went tits up  also get early dibs on tickets as well. :dunno:

I do think there should be a limit on tickets given to players and staff.

If you give too many tickets away then you end up with this situation of people touting tickets or having a block load of empty seats.

I do think there should be a limit on tickets given to players and staff.

If you give too many tickets away then you end up with this situation of people touting tickets or having a block load of empty seats.

agree. cleaners should not be getting 2 tickets.

Guest ttfn

So should the fans that had shares in the club and also lost a lot of money relatively speaking when it went tits up  also get early dibs on tickets as well. :dunno:

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it happens.

The directors between when we came out of administration and the Mandaric takeover lost a lot of money (I think they ended up taking about 6p in the £ on shares), so much that probably 100 years of free away tickets wouldn't cover it. 

Something funny has happened to a good 4-500 tickets, but I think a good 200-250 tickets can be explained away by some perfectly reasonable ticket allocation policies.

and how do you know this?

Because I seen her with my own eyes at pretty much every game I went to away from home and I've only missed 6 out of the last 50 away games.

You said yourself that you've not been to that many this season.

So on your morals, she qualifies for a ticket more than you.

Because I seen her with my own eyes at pretty much every game I went to away from home and I've only missed 6 out of the last 50 away games.

You said yourself that you've not been to that many this season.

So on your morals, she qualifies for a ticket more than you.

aint been to many, been to 22 home games and 7 aways. that aint too shabby?

aint been to many, been to 22 home games and 7 aways. that aint too shabby?

But she's been to many more than you, so why should you get a ticket ahead of her?

Archived