Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Kane

For much of his time here I've been as bemused as anyone as to why we signed him

I know he's highly rated elsewhere, but I just couldn't see it for us.

But among all the nervousness & the mixture of heroic and odd shakey performances Kane was brilliant when he came on.

It was like night & day compared to Wood's performance, he received the ball played it to blue shirts, worked the channels [pulled their CBs out of position where we found more space later on, and crucially he drew fouls in dangerous positions.

What do you think, worth a start on Sunday, or a good option to help change the game from the bench again?

Guest BlueBrett

Thought Wood looked decent first half.  Won a lot in the air but nobody close enough to him most of the time.  He definitely faded out of the game second half but to be fair to him some of our hoofs forward were fairly aimless.

I agree with OP, he made a difference. I think he has a good chance of starting on Sunday. Wood looks like he's not fully fit to me, he won some decent balls and chested down to no one on too many occasions, which isn't necessarily his fault as sometimes we played too long and too early for him to have support with Nuge playing deeper.

His influence (if any) diminished as the game went on.

So pleased that Nuge got on the score sheet again, he needed that & I love his attitude.

Still needs a couple more good performances to win me over completely but he's on the right track now.

I think maybe he didn't stand much of a chance previously, coming on late into games we were often losing and with team mates so low on confidence

Kane has been excellent in the last few games. Finally looking interested, winning headers and generally looking preferable to Wood in the two players' current forms as a target man.

I'd go as far as to say that we should look to try and tie up a permanent deal in the summer. He's excellent back-up, and seems happy to play from the bench.

Wood looked off the pace tonight not really chasing down anything and balls just bouncing off him, think he needs a rest or if he was ill then that explains the lack luster running.

Never slated Kane, looks decent I would start him on Sunday.

Tbf Wood was ill before the game

Think everybody has glazed over this. Wood was ill and it showed. He has been much better in recent games and are people's memories so short that they forgot the goal he set up at the weekend? 

Impressed with Kane tonight though. Like people have said, its been hard to really judge him, but he is clearly a decent player who just needs a run of games.

From what I recall, he had a tough time getting into gears in the immediate period after we acquired him. He just couldn't find his feet with us.

I'm really glad for him that the knot's come loose and that he was so active yesterday, causing all sorts of trouble for the Watford defense. Blocking, passing, shooting. Kane had a great game.

He also got a lot of praise from Shakespeare after the match, who called him "a very technically gifted player".

Plus, he's only 19! That playoff experience will do him the world of good.

Pearson seems to have realised a 6 foot slow as fook slightly clumsy striker isn't a winger. And it showed. Some great efforts to press and close down after the goal, too, including one where he won a throw in by the corner flag and the Kop went nearly as mental as they did for the goal. Love moments like that. I think I'd start with him on Sunday. Just.

Archived