Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Team selection tomorrow

What team lineup would you choose for tomorrow?

I'd go for

5-2-2-1

Rwb de laet

cb wes

cb keane

cb whitbread

lwb schlupp

cm james

cm king

lw dyer

st kane

rw knockaert

Attacking from the start, go more defensive if needed

No goalkeeper - adventurous.

Same teamsie weamsies as Thursday. Not sure about Konch coming back in for Schlupp. Schlupp made a few errors but he's gonna be determined to have a good game now.

Dont think we should take Wood out, he's still scored a ton of goals this season and their defence will be wary of him, even if he is out of form. 

Hoping nuge gets a goal. 

Also could be a case for playing 4-5-1? it's a bit of a punt, as it would involve a lone striker with a supporting midfielder in attack which im not sure we have tried all season? but surely 5 across the midfield would be best way to break them down and frustrate there midfield? Drinkwater playing just behind the 4? Im thinking this would help us retain the ball better having drinkwater in there, but he hasn't played much recently, just an idea anyway! either way think Pearson will be positive.  :thumbup:

Funny how a lot of people want Kane starting.

Always knew he was decent if played in the right position, he was brilliant against Blackburn a couple of months ago, when he played up front, since then we have only seen him play on the wing, until the last two home games. 

He scored against Watford, then against Watford again he contributed a lot by closing down and working hard.

Give him a shot.

Funny how a lot of people want Kane starting.

Always knew he was decent if played in the right position, he was brilliant against Blackburn a couple of months ago, when he played up front, since then we have only seen him play on the wing, until the last two home games. 

He scored against Watford, then against Watford again he contributed a lot by closing down and working hard.

Give him a shot.

But will he have a better impact as a sub? Fresh legs later on in game after Wood has been physical with them for 70 odd minutes and maybe (hopefully) bagged a goal.

But will he have a better impact as a sub? Fresh legs later on in game after Wood has been physical with them for 70 odd minutes and maybe (hopefully) bagged a goal.

lol You mean like he's been the last 2 games against them?

lol You mean like he's been the last 2 games against them?

Yes he occupies the defenders. Then later on bring Kane on to run the channels when they are tired like the two games against them. We got both our goals against them from that effectively... Wood is a massive presence and a goal threat (if we keep it on the floor)

Yes he occupies the defenders. Then later on bring Kane on to run the channels when they are tired like the two games against them. We got both our goals against them from that effectively... Wood is a massive presence and a goal threat (if we keep it on the floor)

If Wood is anything like he's been recently he's close to useless. He certainly doesn't offer a physical threat, I've never seen someone pushed off the ball so easily, and he doesn't jump for headers.

Now, the Wood that first joined us is an asset, but I'm seeing a completely different player at the moment. The most disappointing thing is I do not see any determination or positive body language. Being a tall lad, these things could count for a lot, see Steve Howard who caused many good defences problems on a good day.

If we're going on Thursday night it's a no brainer to start Kane, for me Wood did nothing when he was on the pitch whereas Kane was more involved and he had a hand in the goal.

If Wood is anything like he's been recently he's close to useless. He certainly doesn't offer a physical threat, I've never seen someone pushed off the ball so easily, and he doesn't jump for headers.

Now, the Wood that first joined us is an asset, but I'm seeing a completely different player at the moment. The most disappointing thing is I do not see any determination or positive body language. Being a tall lad, these things could count for a lot, see Steve Howard who caused many good defences problems on a good day.

If we're going on Thursday night it's a no brainer to start Kane, for me Wood did nothing when he was on the pitch whereas Kane was more involved and he had a hand in the goal.

He's not been useless, just up and down and part of that is our insistence on pinging long balls at times even though he can't win a ******* header haha

Anyway I'm indifferent between which one starts as both will be as threatening. Remember Wood ended up playing on his own up front basically with Nugent off him because of Nugent's role on Chalobah. Doesn't seem Wood is good up front on his on. I want to see him facing their goal and pinging shots at it cos he has a hell of a shot on him! If you see a lot of his goals this season (some for us) he runs at defenders then hits it, or turns and hits it. His hold up play isn't very good and we've been trying to use him as that hold up guy.

Do you see the point I'm making?

He's not been useless, just up and down and part of that is our insistence on pinging long balls at times even though he can't win a ******* header haha

Anyway I'm indifferent between which one starts as both will be as threatening. Remember Wood ended up playing on his own up front basically with Nugent off him because of Nugent's role on Chalobah. Doesn't seem Wood is good up front on his on. I want to see him facing their goal and pinging shots at it cos he has a hell of a shot on him! If you see a lot of his goals this season (some for us) he runs at defenders then hits it, or turns and hits it. His hold up play isn't very good and we've been trying to use him as that hold up guy.

Do you see the point I'm making?

I see the point you are making in terms of it's not much use lumping it forward to him when he's on his own. What's not good enough is his refusal to jump for headers, pathetic attempts to fight for the ball, non-existant movement when our players are in possession etc. We didn't start with the long balls the other night, we slowly resorted to it as it was clear our strikers were doing fvck all to help the man with the ball.

Since January both him and Nugent have looked very poor more often than not, I have not seen the fight and determination I expect from them. Wood still to me does not look right, I'm not sure what's wrong with him but he reminds me of Ronaldo in the 98 World Cip Final at the moment. There all sorts of theories flying around about injured knees, illnesses and Pearson's daughter, but the bottom line is he is not himself at the moment.

Archived