Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trotterfox87

Players for next season, Who do want, Who's free?

Gary-Mackay-Stevens and Jonny Russell.

Both been brilliant for Dundee past two seasons.

Russell has a great left foot and is exactly the type of striker we need, superb finishing.

Mackay-Stevens plays mostly on the wing too, Skillful, pacy, What a player!

I know Youtube videos are nothing to go by but...

personally, i would like sam baldock as he knows where the onion bag is.

the hardman in midfield i think we could do with could potentially be karl henry or liam trotter

lb defo briggs for me

i think we need another keeper as logan is dog shite.

my main concern if im honest though is a solid centre half. i have no idea who we would go for there

Russell has a great left foot and is exactly the type of striker we need, superb finishing.

that russell lad is really rated highly.  will he be another goodwillie though?

Going to put it out there as a suggestion - Chris O'Grady. Now I realise he's not a 'fashionable' target as such but I think there are positives:

• Good player? Not sure but he clearly did very well at Barnsley and genuinley looked superb against us (although I suppose us being shit helped). Not the most prolific but appears to hold the ball up well and has bit of creativity about him.
  • Different to what we have. As mentioned I think he's less of a goalscorer in the way Nugent and Wood are but could be useful in other ways.
  • Cheap and easy to buy. Seems unwanted by Wednesday which surprised me given how he did at Barnsley. Can't imagine he'd be too expensive given his career of playing in the lower leagues. May have to compete with Barnsley if we go for him but I'd expect us to win that little skirmish.

His previous spell at Leicester doesn't interest me, that's not why I'm considering him. I admit I'm not certain that he'd be a good option but he is someone I've thought about. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

Going to put it out there as a suggestion - Chris O'Grady. Now I realise he's not a 'fashionable' target as such but I think there are positives:

• Good player? Not sure but he clearly did very well at Barnsley and genuinley looked superb against us (although I suppose us being shit helped). Not the most prolific but appears to hold the ball up well and has bit of creativity about him.
  • Different to what we have. As mentioned I think he's less of a goalscorer in the way Nugent and Wood are but could be useful in other ways.
  • Cheap and easy to buy. Seems unwanted by Wednesday which surprised me given how he did at Barnsley. Can't imagine he'd be too expensive given his career of playing in the lower leagues. May have to compete with Barnsley if we go for him but I'd expect us to win that little skirmish.

His previous spell at Leicester doesn't interest me, that's not why I'm considering him. I admit I'm not certain that he'd be a good option but he is someone I've thought about. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

i wouldnt fancy marking him

Yes, yes, yes.

Would love these two.

Think Scottish football has become better in recent seasons, there are a lot of players I would like to see come down.

Kasper
De laet Morgan Baptiste Robinson (Or Taft)

James King
Knockaert Mackay-Stevens

Wood Russell

Subs: Logan, Marshall, Nugent, SSL, Wells, Drinkwater, Moore

Schlupp will probably be off in the summer.

League 1 & 2 is where we need to look at for a couple of players, maybe a new striker and another central midfielder from those leagues would be pretty good.

Johnny Russell will cost too much, Gary Mackay-Steven though is quality would love him at Leicester.

Ebanks Blake has to be worth a shout. He's at a good age, and knows this league inside out, and would give us an added dimension. He's also available on a free,

so if we get rid of Beckford, Futacs and Vardy, his wage bill won't hurt our pockets too much?

Archived