Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
molsk

Peason's hoof hoof football?

Agreed, nothing to be proud of. We have spent the money to challenge. We were outplayed, and played hoof football for half the season, that can't continue next year if we are to challenge.

Pearson shouldn't go based on today...he should go based on 4 months of awful football and terrible results. This season has been a failure, big time.

Agreed, I want him to go, he's not totally shite, just very average, and I think he's took us as far as he can, but who is the manager to take us that step further.

we play in the air far too much , come on that's a fact . surely watching watford lets you see how the game should be played . possession football will always work if youve got the right players , we haven't . simple . we do play hoofball too much for me . 

We hoof when we are under pressure, I don't think Pearson wants us to play like that.

Taking off Dyer was a mistake IMO, he was our outlet and we resorted to aimless balls up to Kane after that.

Schluup and Kasper we;re just smashing it up the field every time, giving them possession and putting pressure straight back on us that was pretty evident throughout the game.

This....

It was clear for anyone who wanted to see.

Watford hoofed plenty themselves over the two legs so don't start believing their hype.

Watford hoofed it when they needed too. In the latter part of this season we have hoofed it as some kind of method.

Watford fans taking the piss out of our hoofball though, should remember that probably the most successfull period in their history, came when Graham Taylor was their manager, and his whole style of play was based on the HOOOF.

You've not been watching the games then KF.

I agree with you on King and James.. But a lot of their good play has been DEFENSIVE.

The playing style did appear to change when we signed Wood, and has been a feature pretty much ever since. To me, Wood looks like a very unhappy player.. Did you see his face when he came off today? He looked as miserable as sin...

It HAS become long-ball, especially Kasper to Wood and it hasn't been as effective, ironically, as the Nugent/Vardy or Nugent/Waggy partnership was.

Finally, what on earth has Pearson hoped to achieve with the introduction of Kane? Can you fathom that out at all? Cos ill be damned if I can?

Give me Vardy or Waghorn over Kane any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In many ways, Pearson has done some good. But he's also been massively naive in other ways. And has failed.

Don't agree Col, don't see how King and James work has been defensive, I'm sure you weren't saying that when we won the first leg.

All round they have been brilliant, especially going forward, James and King win the balls, then they look forward and link with players.

If we played hoofball, then James and King wouldn't of been our two best players for months, because the ball would go straight over their heads, it's that simple.

The only thing I get mad at, at the KP is this lofted chip balls, from De Laet and Konchesky/Schlupp because I often shout "Stop playing these stupid lofted chip balls", but we don't play them continuously we don't revert to it all the time, can that be even classed as hoofball?

Because I can't recall anytime we have reverted to hoofball all game, today we didn't play it for the whole match.

Watford hoofed it when they needed too. In the latter part of this season we have hoofed it as some kind of method.

Watford fans taking the piss out of our hoofball though, should remember that probably the most successfull period in their history, came when Graham Taylor was their manager, and his whole style of play was based on the HOOOF.

Exactly I was thinking that when their fans were shouting hoof every time the ball left the ground, they also had Aidy Boothroyd in charge the last time they got to the premier league, so Watford deciding they are football purists now is a bit of a joke. Nothing wrong with some long balls in my book as long as there is variety, yes  we did go a bit too long ball in the second half but I thought we played some decent stuff first half especially given the situation in the tie. Don't think in terms of long balls and short balls just good balls and bad balls. 

Considering we were in the auto promotion position in Feb and today have to playing desparate hoof hoof footie shows what level the side has dropped to, however  we were playing a technically superior side who retained the ball. NP made one of his classic misjudgements taking off Wood a proven goal scorer and replacing him with Kane who is'nt. Its not rocket science if it is'nt broken....and with £100 million at stake what a stupid decision ! 

I don't get why so many of you are wanting Pearson to stay?  Our style of football is a embarrassment and If we had got promoted with this shower of shit it would have been a complete joke!

Its time for a change. For the last half a hour of today's game all we did was hoof the ball up field and totally lacking ideas. This was a game for the taking at half time but Pearson sent them out so negative second half.

Relegation form for the last 18 games yet you want him to stay!!!!

At the end of the day the stats for the last 18 games are shocking. . . . . . . Still not sure I want us to sack yet another Leicester manager but im also not sure Pearson can take us any further? :unsure:

Hoofball, the facts.

By and large Col is right, hoofball has been endemic in recent times.

We began to play this way after the Palace game at the end of October, our more defensive setup left our passing game in some disarray and our play became more and more direct, but the hoofball was not really obvious until the Millwall game in December.

Sadly the acquisition of Wood and then Kane seemed to simply reinforce the issue, a couple of good games apart, our passing and pressing style slowly dissapeared, with the longball becoming our only method of attack.

When we did actually try and play football we were too good for Watford, first and last quarters at the KP and for a good spell either side of half time today we absolutely bossed it, but we could not keep it going.

Hoofball, the facts.

By and large Col is right, hoofball has been endemic in recent times.

We began to play this way after the Palace game at the end of October, our more defensive setup left our passing game in some disarray and our play became more and more direct, but the hoofball was not really obvious until the Millwall game in December.

Sadly the acquisition of Wood and then Kane seemed to simply reinforce the issue, a couple of good games apart, our passing and pressing style slowly dissapeared, with the longball becoming our only method of attack.

When we did actually try and play football we were too good for Watford, first and last quarters at the KP and for a good spell either side of half time today we absolutely bossed it, but we could not keep it going.

I think that's what makes it worse. The fact we know we can play it like that and when we do we can tear anyone apart! So frustrating seeing players being put under a little pressure and taking the easy route out. Disappointing. More composure required and a lot of that should come from the manager encouraging the players

We hoof when we are under pressure, I don't think Pearson wants us to play like that.

Taking off Dyer was a mistake IMO, he was our outlet and we resorted to aimless balls up to Kane after that.

Considering he did it under Sven too, I'm pretty sure smashing it upfield when we go attacking is a Kasper thing. It seems every time the ball goes airborne, our fans instantly forget about the number of times we attack down the wings and look legitimately dangerous, and occasionally we do create chances by bypassing the tippy-tap inside our own half that annoyed me under Sven.

Not that I'm under any illusions about how we were today. Did we ever get that second shot on target?

For me yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back and while changing manager will cause some upheavel i truly believe NP has taken us as far as he can. 1st leg i was screaming for Dyer to be taken off yet he left him on and he did very little for the last 30 mins yet yesterday although he was not having a great game he offered the one thing that scared Watford - pace. Once Dyer was taken off they pushed on knowing they could not be caught out on the counter as our only pace outlet was off. Also Wood was far improved yesterday yet still got hauled off for that pretty boy Kane who was not only useless he was lazy as well!

After around 55 mins it was obvious they were over running us and that a goal was coming yet NP did nothing to look to counter this and when we went 4-5-1 it was almost like submitting and saying come on attack us with everything you have! Like others do not want to criticise Schlupp as a young lad playing out of position but how much space did Anya get against a quick player you need to get tight early to stop him before he gets in full flow but both schlupp and Dyer gave him 30 yards and space and backed off til he was in the box meaning they could not make a tackle! All this when our manager is supposed to be a defensive legend yet the glaringly obvious was not addressed and the total lack of professionalism by conceding after the pen was staggering it was like under 10's.

Far too often this season he has left things appearing to hope something would happen rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck and forcing things and that is why i feel it is time for a change as we have a promising young squad who are slowly having the flair squeezed out of them by NP

A relevent stat, in the last three matches against Watford not one of Leicesters three goals were scored from open play, they were all headers from set plays

For the simple reason that we really did not ever play our 'A' game against Watford. In the first league meeting we set up to contain and never really did much going forward, the last three games saw a lot of hoofball, which we continue to play despite being quite awful at it.

Just wish Pearson had the determination to stick with the early season style when the going got tough.

Would've been a bit easier to bear had we still lost games.

This sums it up for me and that's why I'm split of Pearson, the football we played in the 1st few months was as good as anything we played under sven.

But pearson reverted to type despite the fact it clearly hasn't been working, woodencane, contributed to this, it seems that once you have a big man up there, it's just to tempting to knock it long.

A relevent stat, in the last three matches against Watford not one of Leicesters three goals were scored from open play, they were all headers from set plays

In the league game, Kane's header was from a konchesky cross/shot.

But yes, we have played far too much hoof ball recently.

I dont think it was so much "hoofball" for the last 30 minutes in that we were under so much pressure during the second half the players were penned in their own half for much of it and they couldnt find a way out!  You have to remember here that Watford are no mugs and probably play the best football in the division bar none.  Im not making excuses for the  bad results in the run in, but today im not sure we had it in the locker against them, on their own patch, to pass them off the pitch

Sorry have you actually been to a match!! for the entire time the Watford fans were shouting HOOOOFFF everytime we lumped the ball forwards, this happened on numerous occasions in the first half as well and has been a common thread during the last 18 games, now the long ball game has its place if thats what you want, but its not what I want and too make matters worse its not even been a success. If you look at our strike pair of Wood and then Kane, I question as to if they are actually fit as they have no movement or appear to have limited ability in getting the ball under control, then look at Deeney... it only took since January for NP to transform Wood from a player who looked like a real signing into someone who loos unfit and could not trap cement.

Pearson has said today that he knows what needs to be done.... why was this not done in January and what confidence do I have that he can actually do it.... I have none

anyway rant over... I have my season ticket for next season and so does my son and we both hope that we start the campaign with a new direction

For me yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back and while changing manager will cause some upheavel i truly believe NP has taken us as far as he can. 1st leg i was screaming for Dyer to be taken off yet he left him on and he did very little for the last 30 mins yet yesterday although he was not having a great game he offered the one thing that scared Watford - pace. Once Dyer was taken off they pushed on knowing they could not be caught out on the counter as our only pace outlet was off. Also Wood was far improved yesterday yet still got hauled off for that pretty boy Kane who was not only useless he was lazy as well!

After around 55 mins it was obvious they were over running us and that a goal was coming yet NP did nothing to look to counter this and when we went 4-5-1 it was almost like submitting and saying come on attack us with everything you have! Like others do not want to criticise Schlupp as a young lad playing out of position but how much space did Anya get against a quick player you need to get tight early to stop him before he gets in full flow but both schlupp and Dyer gave him 30 yards and space and backed off til he was in the box meaning they could not make a tackle! All this when our manager is supposed to be a defensive legend yet the glaringly obvious was not addressed and the total lack of professionalism by conceding after the pen was staggering it was like under 10's.

Far too often this season he has left things appearing to hope something would happen rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck and forcing things and that is why i feel it is time for a change as we have a promising young squad who are slowly having the flair squeezed out of them by NP

100% agree

Archived