Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Schlupp to Man U ?

He's gonna be one hell of a player. 1st choice LB next season for me. Class, considering he's learning a new position.

This is a joke right??

The last two games he's looked nothing short of an accident waiting to happen. Not confident on the ball, goes to ground to easily, hoof's the ball away whichever way he's facing, poor positional play.

This is a joke right??

The last two games he's looked nothing short of an accident waiting to happen. Not confident on the ball, goes to ground to easily, hoof's the ball away whichever way he's facing, poor positional play.

No. Nervy on Thursday but still good going forward. Not at his best today but by no means a disaster against a tricky opponent.

I don't judge players on 2 games but I know that differentiates me from many on here. The lad has unbelievable potential and if you can't see that then I think that's a real shame.

Can anyone find pass completion/amount of times possession was handed away over the two play off legs? Would be surprised if Schlupp made it into double figures for passes finding their man and not being punted aimlessly into touch. I'm all for "if in doubt get it out", but not "if you're under no pressure whatsoever just smack it as hard as you can in any direction". 

This is a joke right??

And what about all the other games he played at LB when people were running out of superlatives for him?

I understand the frustrations people have at losing today but wow...

Needs plenty of time with either the development squad or on loan to a Lg1 or 2 side.

He needs to learn his craft if he's to be a forward or wherever

Considering he was out on loan in League One two seasons ago, has played fairly regularly in the Championship this year, came close to a 1.8m move to Manchester United and Charlton, who finished - what? - five or six points below us have said they're interested in having him on loan, wouldn't a loan to League Two be something of a step backwards?

Our late mini-revival coincided with his return to the side. He played well yesterday and is our only back-up at left back, even if we ignore his credentials on the left wing or up front. He is also one of our few defenders with pace. I don't consider him in any way a 'flaw' in our squad and would be disappointed were he not to feature strongly next season.

In many ways, he and James are the only players in our squad who noticeably improved over the course of the season. I can't understand why you'd want to see him banished to the under-23s or out on loan to the lower leagues.

Can anyone find pass completion/amount of times possession was handed away over the two play off legs? Would be surprised if Schlupp made it into double figures for passes finding their man and not being punted aimlessly into touch. I'm all for "if in doubt get it out", but not "if you're under no pressure whatsoever just smack it as hard as you can in any direction".

^^ This 100%. I said after the game that he found touch more often than an international fly half. It was embarassing to see him smash it into the stand everytime he was put under a bit of pressure. The Watford fans thought it was hilarious. Needs a lot of work to be a first choicd LB we can rely on.

He's not a left back, he should never have been our back up in that position.

As a striker though there is promise. He has pace, strength and a powerful shot. I just hope he gets the chance to develop with us as a striker next season.

• 2 weeks later...

He's got great skills.

And whoever said he can't cross is a moron. He crosses the ball very well (are you comapring his crosses to beckham or dyer?)

He'll be like how Danny Wilson was whilst at Liverpool.

Liverpool signed him - as he was 'highly-rated'.

Will only play a handful of games in 2/3 seasons.

Man Utd will eventually release Schlupp, and goes to a lesser club.

Archived