Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Stan James open market for a new leicester manager Lennon the favourite

Lennon has only ridden winners in a one- or two-horse race, and you could say something similar about MON in his time after City.

Ince did well at Macclesfield and in his first spell at MK Dons, but he's done f*** all apart from that.

Hughes had limited success at Blackburn and none elsewhere, and Gary Mac is a lovely bloke but nowhere as a manager.

Mark Venus? Well, last December he was quoted as saying that “Wolves should be in the top six in the Championship come the end of the season because they’re not short of cash or resources and they’ve invested in the talent already there."

Not a lot more to be said, though I understand that Peter Taylor is open to offers, as long as he can bring Junior Lewis with him as player-coach.

Lennon has only ridden winners in a one- or two-horse race, and you could say something similar about MON in his time after City.

Ince did well at Macclesfield and in his first spell at MK Dons, but he's done f*** all apart from that.

Hughes had limited success at Blackburn and none elsewhere, and Gary Mac is a lovely bloke but nowhere as a manager.

Mark Venus? Well, last December he was quoted as saying that “Wolves should be in the top six in the Championship come the end of the season because they’re not short of cash or resources and they’ve invested in the talent already there."

Not a lot more to be said, though I understand that Peter Taylor is open to offers, as long as he can bring Junior Lewis with him as player-coach.

My sentiments entirely.

lol

The whole Benitez thing has been perplexing.

He's taken them to third in the league, a Euro cup final and hasn't spent any money and he's still not considered anywhere near good enough by Chelsea.

The ridiculous world of football management.

Seeing as they were 3rd when he took over and a chance of winning every trophy.

Did you not watch 90% of the season where that didn't happen?

And what on earth has that got to do with me not rating any of the managers on that list?

You and your 90%

We quite clearly have not played football on the floor for 90% of the season, we certainly haven't played it at any point through the poor run.

If 90% of Pearson's signings have been a success and we've played football on the floor for 90% of the games I wonder why we didn't get promoted.

You must love the old hoof ball from the keeper and hope someone gets on the end of it then. :blink:

Lets face it we were miles behind Watford in just about every department. So are you saying you are happy to keep Pearson knowing you are going to watch that same piss poor standard of football next season ?

This!

I wouldn't even take O'Neill.

You see it's this sort of comment which makes me lean, from time to time, more towards thinking Pearson should go. Just on account of the fact that some of the arguments made by those who want him to stay are so unbelievably deranged.

You wouldn't take O'Neill - our most successful manager ever, winner of two League Cups, promotion from this league, a hat full of Scottish Championships - over Pearson who, while a respectable manager, has spent four years in this division, all with decent-sized clubs, and failed to get a team out of it. Is that because you think O'Neill is past it, after failing to establish Sunderland as a mid-table side, just as everyone else at that club has failed to do for God knows how long? It's worth a look at the other twenty years of his managerial career before getting too carried away with that one.

Now if you don't want us to fire Pearson because you don't think O'Neill would come and the alternatives aren't worth their salt, then fair enough. But to say you wouldn't take the man over a guy who has had one of the best-funded sides in this division for eighteen months and failed to outperform Mackay who had similar finances and just two months more, Bruce who had six months less and a smaller budget, Holloway who had a year less and a smaller budget and Zola who had six months less and a smaller budget is just outrageous.

And the progress argument is hardly convincing either. Few pundits will feel that City have fulfilled their potential this season with a sixth place finish and first out of the play-offs. And it's not as if the second half of the season eclipsed the first either, is it?

Seriously, if Bolton lost their manager tomorrow, do you think Pearson would be an attractive prospect for them? I doubt it, just as I doubt any other name on that list - bar one glaringly obvious exception - would be. For any man to write Martin O'Neill off would be foolish in the extreme. For a Leicester fan to do it is just downright insane.

You see it's this sort of comment which makes me lean, from time to time, more towards thinking Pearson should go. Just on account of the fact that some of the arguments made by those who want him to stay are so unbelievably deranged.

You wouldn't take O'Neill - our most successful manager ever, winner of two League Cups, promotion from this league, a hat full of Scottish Championships - over Pearson who, while a respectable manager, has spent four years in this division, all with decent-sized clubs, and failed to get a team out of it. Is that because you think O'Neill is past it, after failing to establish Sunderland as a mid-table side, just as everyone else at that club has failed to do for God knows how long? It's worth a look at the other twenty years of his managerial career before getting too carried away with that one.

Now if you don't want us to fire Pearson because you don't think O'Neill would come and the alternatives aren't worth their salt, then fair enough. But to say you wouldn't take the man over a guy who has had one of the best-funded sides in this division for eighteen months and failed to outperform Mackay who had similar finances and just two months more, Bruce who had six months less and a smaller budget, Holloway who had a year less and a smaller budget and Zola who had six months less and a smaller budget is just outrageous.

And the progress argument is hardly convincing either. Few pundits will feel that City have fulfilled their potential this season with a sixth place finish and first out of the play-offs. And it's not as if the second half of the season eclipsed the first either, is it?

Seriously, if Bolton lost their manager tomorrow, do you think Pearson would be an attractive prospect for them? I doubt it, just as I doubt any other name on that list - bar one glaringly obvious exception - would be. For any man to write Martin O'Neill off would be foolish in the extreme. For a Leicester fan to do it is just downright insane.

Excellent post.

Archived