Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

If the roles were reversed do you think Derby fans would want us to be promoted?

No, me neither

If they were well informed on our off-pitch goings ons then yes, they'd want us to get promoted for the same reason that I want Derby up given the choice we now have: One of the teams is well-run and respectable, whereas QPR staying in the Championship for another year at least would be karma writ large.

imagine going from Poyet and Garcia to Dim Sherwood. 

Way the clubs going sadly , had a clear out too 

Not surprised about TK , gutted but he's been itching to get to the Premiership (personally I reckon Burnley) , Orlandi if he can get fit we will rue , and Hoskins is going to be a blinding signing for a league one side 

Brighton & Hove Albion have released six out-of-contract players - but are poised to offer new deals to Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno Saltor and Player of the Season Matt Upson. 

The club has to lodge a "retained list" with the Football League before this Saturday, 17th May, and the six players who've been informed it is unlikely they will be offered new deals are Peter Brezovan, Will Hoskins, Tomasz Kuszczak, Andrea Orlandi, David Lopez and David Rodriguez. 

The Seagulls have invoked contract extension options with Kazenga LuaLua and development prospect Brennan Dickenson; his fellow under-21 squad members Grant Smith and Courtney Richards have also been released. Chairman Tony Bloom has thanked the departing players, telling seagulls.co.uk, "On behalf of the club I would like to thank Peter, Will, Tomasz, Andrea, David Lopez and David Rodriguez for their efforts and wish them all the very best for the future. 

"I'd also like to thank the players who joined us on loan during the season - Stephen Ward, Keith Andrews, Leroy Lita, Jonathan Obika and Jesse Lingard - for their efforts and excellent professionalism."

He also confirmed the decisions had been under review for a number of weeks, adding, "It's obviously important we let the players know where they stand and give them clarity as early as possible - and we also have to inform the Football League of the players we intend to release by this Friday.

"We had held off from making these decisions until now at the request of Oscar Garcia. He felt it was important for the unity within the squad in the final weeks of the campaign that we waited until the end of the season.

"However, it is not an immediate decision, that has been taken since Sunday's game. It is something which has been under discussion and review with Oscar for a number of weeks. The final decisions have been taken with input from David Burke, Nathan Jones and me." 

unnervy times ahead.

If the roles were reversed do you think Derby fans would want us to be promoted?

No, me neither

Bet they would if we were playing Forest in the play off final.

If you can try to look at it from our perspective, rather than a dislike of Derby, it's better to play Derby in the Prem than QPR IMO as I would suggest Derby would be an easier fixture than QPR as Harry will go on a spending spree if they are promoted.

So....

It seems local rivalry is something that can be turned on and off for some people

There would still be a rivalry - all I'm suggesting is that Derby potentially would be an easier 6 points than QPR next year.

So....

It seems local rivalry is something that can be turned on and off for some people

Not really - just that we're capable of thoughts more complex than "hurr durr, dey is neerbi" and see that Derby are very much the lesser of two evils, and that them coming up is better for our survival hopes next year than QPR.

Guest MattP

The last two pages of this thread are sound reasoning why some people should never have been taught to use the Internet.

Opinions that belong at the last orders bell in a dodgy weatherspoons.

Wanting clubs to go into administration? You clearly don't have as much knowledge of your own clubs history as you think.

The last two pages of this thread are sound reasoning why some people should never have been taught to use the Internet.

Opinions that belong at the last orders bell in a dodgy weatherspoons.

Wanting clubs to go into administration? You clearly don't have as much knowledge of your own clubs history as you think.

there are non-dodgy ones? Wetherspoons is the only pub I've ever seen someone steal a sink from.

To continue with this logic then. ....

Notts forest would also be easy pickings!

I don't want those fookers to go up EVER

But we are talking about the situation that faces us at present - not what hypothetically might happen. QPR or Derby and whilst I dislike Derby, but enjoy the rivalry, QPR would pose more of a threat to us next year than Derby would IMO.

It's purely viewed on 'what's best for our club', rather than personal emotions.

Way the clubs going sadly , had a clear out too 

Not surprised about TK , gutted but he's been itching to get to the Premiership (personally I reckon Burnley) , Orlandi if he can get fit we will rue , and Hoskins is going to be a blinding signing for a league one side 

unnervy times ahead.

Would you like Sven as manager ? :thumbup:

Guest MattP

there are non-dodgy ones? Wetherspoons is the only pub I've ever seen someone steal a sink from.

lol lol!

I once caught the City fan Bernie nicking bog roll out the high cross about five years ago.

As for a good spoons' - I'm struggling. Really struggling.

lol lol!

I once caught the City fan Bernie nicking bog roll out the high cross about five years ago.

As for a good spoons' - I'm struggling. Really struggling.

lol doesn't surprise me won't be surprised if he pinches the glasses and plates to lol

On the High Cross i always found it boring and smelly, once seen one guy walking around picking up food from left over plates plus going around tables trying to get money out of people to buy him a drink. The best two wetherspoons are The Last Plantagenet and The Corn Exchange. 

The White House at Scraptoft is decent.

I was in a nightclub in Portsmouth once and went for a pee, in the urinal was a one pound coin. I went back to the loo at the end of the night and it was gone. It was probably the scabbiest nightclub I've been in, full of fat old trumpers trying to land a sailor.

Not really - just that we're capable of thoughts more complex than "hurr durr, dey is neerbi" and see that Derby are very much the lesser of two evils, and that them coming up is better for our survival hopes next year than QPR.

Mmm complex thoughts....

Ok then.

Archived