Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Keane

We need experience to partner Wes, that would be ideal.

We need to keep one of St Ledger or Whitbread, sell the other and get in someone to replace Keane, someone experienced and who has played in the Championship or is currently in the Championship. 

I would love to see someone like Richard Keogh or Jason Shackell at Leicester, consistent Championship defenders, rated by their respective clubs Derby & Burnley. 

Why does everyone want experience next to the already experienced wes?

Youth and experience seems to work well lately, the experienced head to lead the back line and position everyone, and the young one who has the physical ability to catch players etc.

e.g. Ferdinand + Evans

Brown + Hobbs

Doyley/Cassetti + Ekstrand

I think Keane for the age he is at has had a decent season on the whole. For the age this guy is at he has gone from possibly playing reserve an acadmey football to 3 games a week in the championship which lets face it has proved again is such an unpredictable division. I would understand if Pearson brought him back on a perm transfer but i would look at making sure we have an experienced been there an done it centre back for next season.  :)

i would like him to come back next year, adds height, is strong...listens to morgan (or appears to...although admittedly i'm often 40yards away from them). Got the odd goal too...about as many as all our other defenders put together...Shackell is a good call, i was suprised we didnt go for him last summer

I love Keane, his goal at Cardiff made me go fvcking nuts!

Having said that he has been a bit suspect at times, I don't think he's the best option available to us in the short term. Long term however, get that man in the squad! He'll be brilliant in the future!

Don't see it happening though.  :/

It's his little face isn't it? :cry:

He looks about 9 haha!

For his first proper season he looks good - made some errors but mostly against the better strikers in this division, so bound to happen. Lets face it Vydra and Deeney have torn up the championship this season. He needs to bulk up a bit as he is on the skinny side though.

Don't expect to get him on loan as it goes against Man U policy to loan to the same club twice. Not sure if they'll sell but will want more money than he's worth. Expect him to be loaned elsewhere.

Fergie has retired....

I hope not. We need a tall, pacy centre back who can defend corners (Curtis Davies would be ideal). Our defence has been a shambles since he has been involved. Individually talented like Bamba but in a defensive four is dodgy. I really did cringe every time the opposition got a corner as I knew exactly what would happen - all our defence just watch it fly past them. We need to sort this out for next year and Keane not coming back is a good start

Archived