Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Forest Moving the Away section

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Al-Hasawi-confirms-Nottingham-Forest-plan-reclaim/story-19044465-detail/story.html#axzz2TuWrty7o

Forest fans to sit behind the goal at both ends

NOTTINGHAM Forest hope to make the City Ground an even more intimidating stadium for opposition sides – by allowing home fans to sit behind the goal at both ends.

Chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi has confirmed Forest have applied for permission to house Reds fans in the Lower Bridgford Stand – and move away supporters into the upper tier.

Manager Billy Davies had revealed the plans to 'reclaim' the area behind the goal for home supporters prior to the final game of the season. But the club are now officially seeking permission to make the changes – and hope to start selling season tickets in the Lower Bridgford from tomorrow.

Those Forest fans who have already purchased season tickets for the Upper Bridgford Stand, where the away fans would be housed under the plan, will be moved free of charge to other areas of the stadium – potentially even to more expensive seats.

Al Hasawi said: "I've received hundreds of requests for the away fans to be moved from behind the goal, and for the Forest faithful to reclaim what is rightfully ours."

-------------

I like the word 'sit' - the cynic in me thinks it might be to get away fans to sit.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Al-Hasawi-confirms-Nottingham-Forest-plan-reclaim/story-19044465-detail/story.html#axzz2TuWrty7o

Forest fans to sit behind the goal at both ends

NOTTINGHAM Forest hope to make the City Ground an even more intimidating stadium for opposition sides – by allowing home fans to sit behind the goal at both ends.

Chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi has confirmed Forest have applied for permission to house Reds fans in the Lower Bridgford Stand – and move away supporters into the upper tier.

Manager Billy Davies had revealed the plans to 'reclaim' the area behind the goal for home supporters prior to the final game of the season. But the club are now officially seeking permission to make the changes – and hope to start selling season tickets in the Lower Bridgford from tomorrow.

Those Forest fans who have already purchased season tickets for the Upper Bridgford Stand, where the away fans would be housed under the plan, will be moved free of charge to other areas of the stadium – potentially even to more expensive seats.

Al Hasawi said: "I've received hundreds of requests for the away fans to be moved from behind the goal, and for the Forest faithful to reclaim what is rightfully ours."

-------------

I like the word 'sit' - the cynic in me thinks it might be to get away fans to sit.

How ****ing melodramatic can you get, sounds like a line from Game of ****ing Thrones.

Hope these absolute bellends crash and burn next season.

When they take 8000 to the KP I will consider taking them more seriously,  Mikey Mouse outfit with the King of Swingers at the helm.

Wonder if wee Billy has been frequenting those clubs again with Tommy Sheridan  :ph34r:

Well they manage to take more to the City Ground than we do to the KP. That's a solid start...

That does include the Boro game which is a bit of an anomaly and takes a few off, plus last I checked they'd had on average the 600 more away fans go them than came to us so when you had the two together we can't be far off. Plus the amount of TV games we had.

Still going to be away fans in the lower.

Away fans have W and X1 in the lower plus U1, U2, V1 in the upper.

Done them nothing but harm to be honest because they've taken the home end away from the ones who stand in the Upper corner

Well all away fans will now be able to throw stuff at them. Sat in the Upper Tier when we played them in the FA Cup, I was right at the back against the wall.

Get less in the upper aswell.

Sunderland had this idea, hasn't really worked

The Sunderland fans tried to make the area behind the goal that used to house the away fans the singing section. Was good at the start until the stewards started being twats and stopped people standing up, and the atmosphere got worse and worse throughout the season, as the away fans were in the gods at the other end too.

Still the atmosphere there shits all over the KP- however they moan a lot more than we do!

Pretty much. There has been the occasional experiment of shoving them in the BC stand but if they bring decent numbers it's not really workable from a health a safety point of view.

I quite like having the away fans surrounded. I'm not sure what putting them in some of the better seats in the ground is going to achieve.

It's another case of Forest fans demanding something without thinking about how exactly it's going to work.

Pretty much. There has been the occasional experiment of shoving them in the BC stand but if they bring decent numbers it's not really workable from a health a safety point of view.

I quite like having the away fans surrounded. I'm not sure what putting them in some of the better seats in the ground is going to achieve.

It's another case of Forest fans demanding something without thinking about how exactly it's going to work.

What happens if a big away following comes along? Several clubs in the division will want 4000+ tickets so the Bridgford upper wouldn't be able to accommodate them

Where would they excess away fans go or are they going to be limited to 2000? (or whatever the Bridgford upper holds)

Archived