Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Two new players?

Just seen on BBC Gossip that Paul Lambert at Villa is looking to bring Gayle in for £3 million. Surely we could get him for less than that with the promise of first team football?

I just think it'd like having a worse version of Vardy. His record is far worse than Vardy's. He's only played a handful of football league games and has nothing like the record of Vardy in the lower leagues.

Seems odd people are so keen for it to happen.

Just seen on BBC Gossip that Paul Lambert at Villa is looking to bring Gayle in for £3 million. Surely we could get him for less than that with the promise of first team football?

I'd be amazed having just escaped relegation with a team of young inexperienced players, if Lambert would be looking to spend that sort of cash on that sort of player.

I just think it'd like having a worse version of Vardy. His record is far worse than Vardy's. He's only played a handful of football league games and has nothing like the record of Vardy in the lower leagues.

He scored a really quick hattrick. Thats all that'll stick in peoples minds.

I don't think Posh will really care how much first team football he gets, they'll sell to whoever offers the most money.

I'd be amazed having just escaped relegation with a team of young inexperienced players, if Lambert would be looking to spend that sort of cash on that sort of player.

This, plus Benteke aside, he bought from the lower leagues and almost turned Villa into a team destined for a lower league.

You're basing this entirely on Wikipedia aren't you? Quite sure the stats on there are wrong.

Reasonably sure he scored thirteen or so goals this season, which isn't far off Nugent, and he did it for a side much lower in the league.

And he has pace.Pace is good, EA are right.

:P haha

In all seriousness id rather keep vardy. He is very quick and He's a very direct and quite explosive player which I think is why he didnt fit in brilliantly. He can be good for certain areas but when it came down to build up play, positioning or that finesse to link up with the rest he was found wanting.

He's got good qualities and I think with a little hard work over pre season he can polish some areas and integrate a little better to become more consistent in a game situation and not just in bursts of pace with/without the ball.

You're basing this entirely on Wikipedia aren't you? Quite sure the stats on there are wrong.

Reasonably sure he scored thirteen or so goals this season, which isn't far off Nugent, and he did it for a side much lower in the league.

According to Soccerbase, last season he scored 13 goals in 28(1) appearances for Peterborough.  Pretty good considering he was playing for a relegated team.

Yeah he scored 13 for Peterborough which is a good effort in 30+ games.

Had Vardy started close to 30 games for us though then i'm sure he'd have been around the double figures mark for goals.

Not saying I think Vardy is particularly good or anything, just that there are only 8 or 9 goals separating them this term and in the past Vardy has achieved more in the lower leagues.

Just couldn't quite see why people were so keen to sign him. 

Archived