Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Two new players?

I'd be happy with Gayle and Doumbia. With the bonus of shipping Vardy out, too.

I reckon we'd have to pay a fair bit for the former, however. He really impressed virtually everyone in this league and the Premier League, so we would need to fight off a fair bit of competition once bids start going in.

As for Doumbia, Wolves have to reduce their wage bill, so we could be fortunate with that but I think he'll also be chased by a few other clubs other than us.

I don't really care when signings of this season's players were done. Different season, different circumstances. Just have some trust and faith in the club and personnel that things are ticking over behind the scenes. Why do people always have to be negative or paranoid?

Doumbia is a beast, Col would spaff his pants if he came.

Gayle £4 million  lol  if that's right then we are 100% not getting him, I have my doubts on him though, but don't want to sound racist. 

Doumbia is a beast, Col would spaff his pants if he came.

Gayle £4 million  lol  if that's right then we are 100% not getting him, I have my doubts on him though, but don't want to sound racist. 

Yeah... that makes you sound racist.

We probably got signings done a bit faster last year because we didn't have the playoffs to contend with - extra training, extra preparation, players go on holiday later etc.

Pearson likes to get his business done early, but I'm sure he would have preferred to know which league we'd be in next season before he started signing players. Would expect some movement on transfers fairly soon now if he's definitely staying and he's got a bit of cash to spend.

Why don't we go in for that lad at Burton Jacques Maghoma always rated him

He's worth a look and although we've gone for players like him in the past and it's not worked out he's still done very well and is the right sort of player. I still am intrigued by what this Panayiotou can do for us, i'm surprised he didn't go on loan last season. Perhaps he's not good enough for us but I hope he's given the opportunity to make an impression before we make a decision on him. 

Gayle? Isnt that the guy who Peterborough bought for 500k in January?

I'd be surprised if he is certainly going for 4m...

But just to be kind we should give them Wellens and Gallagher too as well as Vardy

:whistle:

Mentioned Gayle as one of the players out of the relegated teams I wouldn't mind snapping up. Got a good eye for goal and still young.

Don't know much about Doumbia, but I take it from the comments in this thread that he's a midfield enforcer - in which case, half of this forum should be delighted if we're to get him!

But who is it then? £800 to £14,000 - they WERE interested in Vardy as well.

I reckon it is him, but he's got the figures a little wrong.

Yeah but Peterborough are in for any half decent lower league player that they can make a profit off. I don't know the finer details of his contract but there's not a chance NP would be ok with giving Vardy £14,000 a week. 

Archived