Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Is there fresh hope for Beckford at Lcfc?

The source is completely unreliable as ive never seen a rumour from this source, but it caught my eye! (IM JUST THE MESSENGER)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10436879._/

However these seem to be the "Leicester mercury" of bolton and cover all their local news...

My opinion is that the reason negotiations have stopped are due to the price being haggled.. However if beckford is on the 40,000 a week rumoured in places... surely the £1m is worth the sale... 40k x 52weeks =  £2,080,000 a year spent for him to go on loan? Therefore saving 2m and recieving 1m...

However didnt we have to pay some of mills wages so he could leave?

This is not me trying to churn the butter... I am not claiming to be ITK I just thought it was interesting... As we all know Pearsons philosophy

seems to be 'Get rid of beckford at all costs' So why stop negotiations?

for what hes done at the club in the time hes been here... 1m doesnt seem to bad He scored 14 after a dismal run, but only about 9 or something in the league, Hardly prolific..

I for one think if nigel can get a tune out of beckford and make up their differences, and get beckford playing for the club... he could be a good player for us..

Again.. no rumours or me trying to start any.. but could the stop in negotiations be due to a manager change?

I DONT KNOW...

The best way for me to see this club move forward is for beckford/pearson to work it out and sing from the same sheet..

Opinions?

P.s please leave this post if the most constructive thing you can conjure up is (Not another beckford thread) it gets boring I know but we are in the off season and I need some LCFC in my life

The whole thing with Beckford is not IF he puts his shooting boots on for us he can be a good player then we can keep him.

There is no way for us to keep beckford with the money he is on, and I can pretty much guarentee (I'm not ITK) he will never play for us again.

He is undoubtildy when fit, motivated, wanting to be where he is, and on form, capable of scoreing a lot of goals in this division. He certainly more likely to make an impact than Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs or Schlupp and Nugent and Wood have got it made here at the moment. During Woods dry spell it would of been really good for us to have real alternative other than Kane.

However if we can't get him in that mind frame it's pointless him being here. He isn't going to be easy to sell due to his wages, Pearson could do with making his mind up I would prefer it if we didn't leave it till after the transfer window is closed to decide that we don't want him this season.

As we all know Pearsons philosophy seems to be 'Get rid of beckford at all costs' So why stop negotiations?

What a load of crap, if that was the case he'd have been sold to Huddesfield on deadline day.

If Pearson is in charge it'd be to do what he thinks is best for him to be able to do his job the best.

Pearson didn't even want Beckford to leave, until Beckford himself made it clear he wanted out if he wasn't playing, remember Pearson preferred Beckford over Nugent after the summer too, Beckford just couldn't do the business for us.

Yes, his wages are no doubt a huge issue, but he is an asset with a resale value, we need to eek out every single penny we can, because without it there will be nothing left to strengthen.

If the deal isn't right for us, then we shouldn't sell him at the first offer.

It's all part of a process that can take weeks or months.

He is undoubtildy when fit, motivated, wanting to be where he is, and on form, capable of scoreing a lot of goals in this division. He certainly more likely to make an impact than Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs or Schlupp and Nugent and Wood have got it made here at the moment. During Woods dry spell it would of been really good for us to have real alternative other than Kane.

However if we can't get him in that mind frame it's pointless him being here. He isn't going to be easy to sell due to his wages, Pearson could do with making his mind up I would prefer it if we didn't leave it till after the transfer window is closed to decide that we don't want him this season.

He apparently left because he wanted to be first choice every week and we weren't prepared to give him that. If he was willing to get his head down, work hard and earn his place in the first team, I'd be happy to have him here - but I don't think he will. 

What a load of crap, if that was the case he'd have been sold to Huddesfield on deadline day.

If Pearson is in charge it'd be to do what he thinks is best for him to be able to do his job the best.

Pearson didn't even want Beckford to leave, until Beckford himself made it clear he wanted out if he wasn't playing, remember Pearson preferred Beckford over Nugent after the summer too, Beckford just couldn't do the business for us.

Yes, his wages are no doubt a huge issue, but he is an asset with a resale value, we need to eek out every single penny we can, because without it there will be nothing left to strengthen.

If the deal isn't right for us, then we shouldn't sell him at the first offer.

It's all part of a process that can take weeks or months.

I was under the impression hudderfield couldnt afford him... Thats why we didnt sell...

I agree eek every penny out of the transfer... but why hold on for another 500,000.. Then he goes unsold and he spends another season on loan where we have to keep forking out half the wages! (teams in this league cannot afford the 40k a week) even 50% each is still 1m a year... therefore holding out for another £1m and the deal not going through... then him going on loan to huddersfield and us losing the £1m we were holding out for in transfer money being spent on wages??

Its brainless business surely?

Cut your losses and sell I say...

He apparently left because he wanted to be first choice every week and we weren't prepared to give him that. If he was willing to get his head down, work hard and earn his place in the first team, I'd be happy to have him here - but I don't think he will. 

THIS

That's the hard part. Even if we accept a bid from someone, Beckford and his agent have still got to agree terms with them 

However most of the people on here who think they are ITK claim he wanted 1st team football thats why he went, if that was the case surely he would just take a loss?

I think the club wants rid of him, nut not for nothing. Bolton must be taking the piss a bit in terms of how much they want to pay.

I really do think we should take any chance we can to get rid. I don't blame us trying to get a fee but I'd rather not call it off over it. I'd take £100k.

If we agree to sell but the new club offers less wages then in order to cancel his contact we could be left having to pay the difference.

I really do think we should take any chance we can to get rid. I don't blame us trying to get a fee but I'd rather not call it off over it. I'd take £100k.

This...

Whats the point in haggling over 500,000 if his wages are 2m a year... Would you like to see him stay if he put his shooting boots on and got his head right? I would personally

If we agree to sell but the new club offers less wages then in order to cancel his contact we could be left having to pay the difference.

Say we have to pay 30% and whoever buys pays 70%.. thats still £1.4m off our wage budget... and £1m in the bank?

I say keep him, but if the club are desperate to sell (As they have made it seem) then surely just sell and cut your losses (Im sure I saw somewhere we pay a difference towards mills wages)

Isnt beckford 1 leicester appearence from us having to pay everton another £500k (read somewhere or heard this was a clause when we signed him). Might be another reason for him not playing and leicester keen to sell 

Haha I have heard that about quite a few players pearson had signed aswell... Wouldnt surprise me!

Archived