Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Is there fresh hope for Beckford at Lcfc?

This might have been dealt with on another thread but something in the back of my mind tells me that pre FPP signings don't count or have I made that up?

There was something that didn't count once FPP came in....

I simply cannot believe some of the comments I've seen on here regarding Beckford's ability, Pearson's so called problems with handling a 'big ego', the fact we don't play a system that suits him. Is everyone mad? In 25 years of watching Leicester I've never ever seen such a blatant lack of effort, poor attitude and general disgrace to the shirt. Pearson spotted this pretty early on- he's been trying to get rid ever since. Personally I think the bloke is poison to the dressing room. The sooner he's gone, the better.

I don't prefer players who run around like a headless chicken but have no ability- its for this reason I've never rated someone like Waghorn. I'd prefer a player who gives it his all plus has ability. With Pearson in charge we will have 11 on the pitch who tick both boxes. It'll help when we offload players such as Beckford; Pearson's hands have been tied ever since he returned due to the amount of money we are wasting every week. Get rid of them, give Pearson some funds and we will be fine.

I don't prefer players who run around like a headless chicken but have no ability- its for this reason I've never rated someone like Waghorn. I'd prefer a player who gives it his all plus has ability. With Pearson in charge we will have 11 on the pitch who tick both boxes. It'll help when we offload players such as Beckford; Pearson's hands have been tied ever since he returned due to the amount of money we are wasting every week. Get rid of them, give Pearson some funds and we will be fine.

With Pearson in charge we'll have Dyer playing who doesn't tick both boxes.

With Pearson in charge we'll have Dyer playing who doesn't tick both boxes.

Bollocks. Dyer gives it everything every time he plays. He might not be the best player, but to say he doesn't work hard for the team is absolute rubbish. He's got one of the best attitudes out of all the players in our current side. Model pro.

Bollocks. Dyer gives it everything every time he plays. He might not be the best player, but to say he doesn't work hard for the team is absolute rubbish. He's got one of the best attitudes out of all the players in our current side. Model pro.

I think what he was saying was that he isn't great ability wise, meaning he didn't tick both boxes. Not that he doesn't give the effort.

Having said that he set up a lot more goals this year, so that side of his game has improved compared to previous years.

Where did I say that?

And my point was WHEN we offload the high earners, it'll free up cash for Pearson to sign the players we need to be a top side. His hands have been tied thus far. There's probably a few who aren't up to it, maybe Dyer is one of those, but Pearson hasn't had the cash to replace/add to the squad properly due to players such as Beckford draining us financially

Boohoo poor NP, bollocks to that he had an opportunity to get rid of the deadwood and still has if he wanted to get rid of the players who are on big wages terminates there contracts then, he has been given financial backing okay not to the level of Sven but he can hardly complain reality is NP f**ked up last season like Sven has as well, it is a collective f**K up key word there.

Boohoo poor NP, bollocks to that he had an opportunity to get rid of the deadwood and still has if he wanted to get rid of the players who are on big wages terminates there contracts then, he has been given financial backing okay not to the level of Sven but he can hardly complain reality is NP f**ked up last season like Sven has as well, it is a collective f**K up key word there.

And you're "Happy" Fox.  Would hate to see you when you're sad.

Is it possible for you to make a point without swearing?

And you're "Happy" Fox.  Would hate to see you when you're sad.

what's the collective noun for a group of fookups? We need it to fetaure in the dictionary...........maybe I should just look it up in the Oxford English under "Leicester".

That's the thing.

Backford won't drop his wages - why should he? No club will pay his wages in full as well as a transfer fee. So we either let him go for next to nothing and save £2m on wages, or loan him out so we're not paying his full wages. The very last resort is have him as a squad member.

And do people REALLY think Pearson has much of a say when it comes to transfer figures, wages, loan deals etc? He identifies who he wants rid of, who he wants to sign and the club/owners make the financial decisions

That's the thing.

Backford won't drop his wages - why should he? No club will pay his wages in full as well as a transfer fee. So we either let him go for next to nothing and save £2m on wages, or loan him out so we're not paying his full wages. The very last resort is have him as a squad member.

Although this isn't the situation any party--Beckford, club, or fans--would have liked, unfortunately what Bert typed seems exactly what we're facing.

Even if NP rated Beckford higher than he does, Beckford would naturally have to be one of the first--if not the first--players we'd have to look to move in order to trim payroll.

The problem is, though, the scarcity of teams that would be willing to take on his contract. To be fair, this isn't just me singling out Beckford; I don't see many teams willing to pay £30k/week to new signings this summer. Besides Bolton (and they're starting to lose interest in signing Beckford), who else would swoop in?

I think we're going to get a repeat of what happened last season and wind up eating most of his contract.

So what do you do Col?

Pay him off now before the new season and FFP starts or hope that somebody will take him and we make up the majority of his salary?

NFP and the owners knew this was coming, we should have had this sorted ages ago.

Fook knows what we do to be honest?

It just shows just how mismanaged this club had become. A terrible nonsense.

I think I'd get rid of both Beckford and Danns for next to nothing now.

If Pearson rated them and obviously wanted to play them, I'd be edging towards giving them a final chance to shine.

But he don't and he won't.

Just get rid and chalk it down to professional idiocy on the part of Sven and the bloke who signed the cheques.

If possible.

Archived