Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

The Worst

Recommended Posts

Posted

We have had much better white strikers than we have had black strikers, Heskey, Ferdinand, Yakubu and Schlupp.

The rest were terrible, I'm not being an idiot, those players I mentioned were awful for us and always get brought up on threads like this.

Name a bad striker Leicester have had since 2005, people instantly think the likes of Hammond, De Vries, Cort, Hayles etc... not Hume and Kermorgant.

The only white strikers mentioned from my era are Bednar, Horsefield and Cresswell.

While Akinbiyi, Hammond, Cort and Blake have come up a lot.

Stan the man springs to mind and Fenton was crap, most don't even remember him. You are either on a wind up or you are just a bigot.
Posted

Weale was worse than Ricardo.

 

I think in general he is, but for us Ricardo was poor and his introduction backfired. Didn't Sven drop Weale off the back of a MOTM performance in Sheffield?

Midfield - Hammill (forget his first name). I remember him being booed at Wednesday circa 2006.

Posted

Goalkeeper - Ricardo

Defender - McGivern

Midfielder - Low

Striker - Every black striker since 2007(apart from Yakubu)

 

Taking your ****ing piss poor banter to the next level I see.

 

You deserve a ban for this.

Posted

Taking your ****ing piss poor banter to the next level I see.

 

You deserve a ban for this.

Agreed, especially if people are being sin-binned for having a dig at Pearson (as someone claimed the other day).

Posted

 

Stan the man springs to mind and Fenton was crap, most don't even remember him. You are either on a wind up or you are just a bigot.

 

I do, he scored in a win at anfield.

Posted

Goalkeeper - Ricardo

Defender - McGivern

Midfielder - Low

Striker - Every black striker since 2007(apart from Yakubu)

 

Attention Seeker, Troll, Moron, Racist, All Of The Above?

 

Place your bets.

Posted

Attention Seeker, Troll, Moron, Racist, All Of The Above?

Place your bets.

Attention seeker more than anything else. Wouldn't say he's a racist
Posted

What about Nicky Plataneur anyone?

A few years back now I was visiting my parents, and when I walked in Nicky was sitting in the living room with my dad buying his window cleaning round off him!!!

How the mighty had fallen

Posted

How have so many posters omitted Junior Lewis in the XI?

 

 

He's the reason they demolished Filbert Street.

 

lol

 

Pressman (Beat off competition from Douglas, Ikeme and Weale for the no1 spot)

 

Maybury (Walking red card)

Brian "Scary" Carey

Lee Marshall - Adaptable - equally cack in all positions

McGiven - How he represented Man City beyond me - Beat off competition from Tony Spearing

 

Josh Low - Slow, couldn t cross, no touch - rubbish

Junior Lewis - watched him play with youth team once - looked out of place even there

Andy Welsh - So bad we signed him twice

 

Hammond - Signed supposedly to appease the fans at the sale of Connolly - Joke!

Benjamin - What went through Taylor's Head?

Horsfield - Horse s***. Fitting that as an ex builder he couldn t trap a bag of cement

 

Dishonourable mentions for Stephen Hughes, Joe Hammill, John Curtis and Nicky Mohan

Posted

Kingfox If you don't realise how wrong your initial comment of "any black striker since 200?" Was in every way then you really are an ignorant cretin! And if Vaughan, Campbell and Vassell are on your list you've either not been supporting city for very long or just have no idea what your on about

Oh and I'm not a soppy liberal either I just hate ignorance!

 

Vaughan wasn't that good, DJ Campbell was like Beckford.

Posted

Vaughan wasn't that good, DJ Campbell was like Beckford.

And none of them were anywhere near the worst strikers we've had down the city. ....but hey like you say "they're black" so lump em all in together

You also nicely avoid the main point yet again

Posted

Taking your ****ing piss poor banter to the next level I see.

You deserve a ban for this.

Banter my arse. I'm just telling the truth, not done anything wrong. So Akinbiyi, Benjamin,Glombard, De Vries, Cort, Hammond, Hayles, Campbell and Beckford in particular weren't shit for us then? Oh wait a minute, yes they were.

Attention Seeker, Troll, Moron, Racist, All Of The Above?

Place your bets.

I'm not attention seeking, not trolling, not being moronic and I'm not being racist.

The strikers I mentioned were all pathetic for Leicester, they were all piss poor, and just as people have said in this thread, by listing Hammond, Akinbiyi, Benjamin and Cort in particular as their worst strikers, it just goes to show that other people think they were all crap. It's just a coincidence that we have had so many rubbish strikers over the years who happen to be black, I'm not being racist just open your eyes, surely you have to agree that Akinbiyi, Benjamin, Glombard, De Vries, Hammond, Cort, Campbell, Hayles and Beckford were incredibly poor for us?

And none of them were anywhere near the worst strikers we've had down the city. ....but hey like you say "they're black" so lump em all in together

You also nicely avoid the main point yet again

Yes they weren't the worst, but they were still rubbish for us, you seem to be missing the point I'm getting at.

All those strikers were very poor for us, some of which I would actually include as the worst strikers at City from my time.

I could easily put Akinbiyi, De Vries, Hammond, Hayles, Cort, Campbell and Beckford in my team, and I'm sure others would think the same as well.

Posted

The sheer awfulness of some of these players has made me forget them completely.

It's quite amusing seeing some of the names mentioned and having my memory jogged on how so unbelievably bad they were.

 

Lee Marshall, Junior Lews and Josh Low just make me want to curl up in the foetal position laughing, as well as crying. 

Posted

People forgot Trevor Benjamin was pretty good - the season we went up. 9 league goals. Akinbiyi managed double figures in the Prem too. These players were just not good to play at the levels consistently when we bought them.

 

Cresswell was far more of a flop but he played far less.

Posted

Another worthy of a mention is Astrit Adjaravic.

 

Remember having high hopes for him - captain of Liverpool youth team, big reputation....One game can remember him tripping over his feet as he tried to do a cruyff turn.

Posted

Where do you begin.......De Vries, Cort, Howey, Beckford, Blake, Akinbadbi, Scowcroft, Wise....Steve Moran (Linekers replacement), Rab Douglas, the list goes on

Posted

Midfield - Hammill (forget his first name). I remember him being booed at Wednesday circa 2006.

 

Joe?

 

Scored on his debut away at Bury, if I remember correctly.

Posted

Joe?

Scored on his debut away at Bury, if I remember correctly.

Cup tie.

I'm doing well here i saw a joe hammil goal. Fenton score at anfield.

I'm starting to wonder how much shit i have witnessed how many games did peter canero play or peter gilbert. Did i see them score?

Posted

I can remember the remembrance fixture against Blackburn in the Adams PL season, Gillespie was so bad the whole stadium bood him off when subbed.

Posted

Regarding Fenton, there was a classic quote from O'Niell after a match at Chelsea :-

Interviewer - "I gather that Heskey (who played) was only about 50% fit for todays game"

O'Niell:- "More like 20% actually, but a dead Emile Heskey would have been better than the alternative!"

Fenton was fit, available and on the bench!

Posted

Regarding Fenton, there was a classic quote from O'Niell after a match at Chelsea :-

Interviewer - "I gather that Heskey (who played) was only about 50% fit for todays game"

O'Niell:- "More like 20% actually, but a dead Emile Heskey would have been better than the alternative!"

Fenton was fit, available and on the bench!

:thumbup:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...