Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Sunderland trainee so he wouldn't be on a great deal before we signed him. Just because he was the thais first signing doesn't mean he's going to be given the earth, plus the thais aren't the ones offering the contracts out. Say he was on 1k at Sunderland, I'm sure us offering him 4-5k would persuade him to sign for a club he's already played at and knows.

A young player, bought for a reported 3 million is hardly going to be on a pittance either. His agent would have seen to that

Interesting if Drinkwater is leaving. Might be paving the way for a new CM to come in... Weren't there rumours about Nicky Bailey coming in from Middlesbrough on a free transfer? I think his girlfriend confirmed on Twitter? Plus, Liam Trotter is out of contract this summer too right?

Drinkwater is a strange one, it's very rare for Pearson to admit to making a mistake on a player so quickly. Especially on a player who for the most part of this season was very good. I'd not be that bothered if he went, but he's a good player at this level. The rest of them are to be expected. The worrying thing is we already had a small enough squad as it is so I hope Nigel is going to be far more creative with the types of players he brings in. I suspect we'll have to use the loan system far more this season and he'll need to put faith in to our academy.

A young player, bought for a reported 3 million is hardly going to be on a pittance either. His agent would have seen to that

The fee was rising to 3 million, so we don't really know how much we have paid for him. Plus the fact Knockaert's fee was something similar and he's on 5k says different

Most worrying thing if the article is accurate is confirmation players have to leave before we can add. Puts us at a real disadvantage compared to other clubs and none of these players are going to be easy to move on. Makes the likes of Kasper and Wes leaving much more likely if anyone comes on.

Interesting if Drinkwater is leaving. Might be paving the way for a new CM to come in... Weren't there rumours about Nicky Bailey coming in from Middlesbrough on a free transfer? I think his girlfriend confirmed on Twitter? Plus, Liam Trotter is out of contract this summer too right?

I think his missus was on the wind up on twitter with that one

Drinkwater is a strange one, it's very rare for Pearson to admit to making a mistake on a player so quickly. Especially on a player who for the most part of this season was very good. I'd not be that bothered if he went, but he's a good player at this level. The rest of them are to be expected. The worrying thing is we already had a small enough squad as it is so I hope Nigel is going to be far more creative with the types of players he brings in. I suspect we'll have to use the loan system far more this season and he'll need to put faith in to our academy.

I get the impression there are several players champing at the bit in the Academy squad.

Taft, Panayioutou and Cain must all fancy their chances of making the step up.

We need money it is as simple as the that, the Thais are not going to be spending money because they haven't got any that is why we have to sell before we buy players, players that will be of interest to clubs are the likes of Kasper and Morgan so it is worrying but that is the reality in an ideal world we will shift the deadwood and keep our better players.

Most worrying thing if the article is accurate is confirmation players have to leave before we can add. Puts us at a real disadvantage compared to other clubs and none of these players are going to be easy to move on. Makes the likes of Kasper and Wes leaving much more likely if anyone comes on.

Players leaving before more could be signed doesn't necessarily put us at a disadvantage, more in line with most other clubs in the division.

The majority of those seven have barely seen first team action this season yet are on big money, thank you Sven, so it makes sense to get rid. 

I thought you'd decided you liked him?

I did say he improved in the first half of last season, then in the second half of the season he was woeful.

I'm not surprised, I'm happy, and I'm glad Pearson has identified Drinkwater as a weak link if the Telegraph is right of course.

He isn't good enough, bang average midfielder, who is so negative sometimes he makes me want to cry.

The rest I'm glad with as well, even St Ledger I knew he would leave because of wages, so that's also a good call from Nigel.

Onwards and upwards.

What I'm concerned about is how it's going to work out over the summer when the strategy is to sell the surplus first before being able to invest in new players.

Surely we'll have to invest simultaneously regardless, albeit on a smaller scale.

What happens if no one or hardly anyone wants to buy these players?

(I suppose it's probably the same question for almost all Championship clubs)

What I'm concerned about is how it's going to work out over the summer when the strategy is to sell the surplus first before being able to invest in new players.

Surely we'll have to invest simultaneously regardless, albeit on a smaller scale.

What happens if no one or hardly anyone wants to buy these players?

(I suppose it's probably the same question for almost all Championship clubs)

Good question if anything as seen by recent championship transfers they have all been free agents, perhaps this is the new trend?

Thought drinkwater was alright for the first half of the season, but I personally blame him for our decline in form.

We're on the attack with a possible 3 on 3 situation with Drinky on the ball, he decides to turn back and play it to Konchesky and the promising attack ends with the ball at Kaspers feet.

The amount of times he lost the ball in Attacking and defending situations is shocking for a Centre midfielder and he's as slow as wellens.

When we lost to Barnsley at home a couple of seasons ago, this man and Vaz Te absolutely tore us apart and he played a much more advanced role for them that game, but I just havent seen anything that would make me want him to stay tbh.

If this is true, then I really dont mind.

James and King next season would be brilliant.

Archived