Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Thought drinkwater was alright for the first half of the season, but I personally blame him for our decline in form.

We're on the attack with a possible 3 on 3 situation with Drinky on the ball, he decides to turn back and play it to Konchesky and the promising attack ends with the ball at Kaspers feet.

The amount of times he lost the ball in Attacking and defending situations is shocking for a Centre midfielder and he's as slow as wellens.

When we lost to Barnsley at home a couple of seasons ago, this man and Vaz Te absolutely tore us apart and he played a much more advanced role for them that game, but I just havent seen anything that would make me want him to stay tbh.

If this is true, then I really dont mind.

James and King next season would be brilliant.

Spot On

Thought drinkwater was alright for the first half of the season, but I personally blame him for our decline in form.

We're on the attack with a possible 3 on 3 situation with Drinky on the ball, he decides to turn back and play it to Konchesky and the promising attack ends with the ball at Kaspers feet.

The amount of times he lost the ball in Attacking and defending situations is shocking for a Centre midfielder and he's as slow as wellens.

When we lost to Barnsley at home a couple of seasons ago, this man and Vaz Te absolutely tore us apart and he played a much more advanced role for them that game, but I just havent seen anything that would make me want him to stay tbh.

If this is true, then I really dont mind.

James and King next season would be brilliant.

Yeah James and King are obviously way ahead of him at the moment. Would like us to go for Liam Bridcutt as well

The fee was rising to 3 million, so we don't really know how much we have paid for him. Plus the fact Knockaert's fee was something similar and he's on 5k says different

That's why the "reported" part and Knocky being on a "reported" 5K only means that the owners learnt their lesson and are cutting their cloth accordingly. We were trying to reduce the wage bill last season you know

true, if he is on decent money though and wants 1st team football and is 3rd in the pecking order he may have been involved in the decision same as Beckford and Danns

The fee was rising to 3 million, so we don't really know how much we have paid for him. Plus the fact Knockaert's fee was something similar and he's on 5k says different

You're forgetting that Knocky hadn't played a single minute in English football and came from a lower standard league, whereas Waghorn had already played a whole season with us and had an important role in us getting to the playoffs, while coming from a Prem club. Of course Waggy is going to be on high(er) wages.

We play 4-4-2, Drinkwater is naff in that formation and for me is no better than King or James (more potential and we are starting to see that), for me we need a playmaker and a defensive midfielder.

I find it hard to believe Drinky is one of the seven but Futacs isn't.

It could be that Drinkwater has told Pearson he wants first team football, but Pearson cant assure him of it.

That would probably be the only way he's included in this.

Anyone blaming a single player for our downfall needs their head examining. We were crud in many games with or without him playing.

Maybe so.

But you can't underline the fact, that the centre of midfield dramatically improved after Drinkwater was dropped.

Yes we were still playing crap sometimes, but James and King in particular were performing consistently well. 

Maybe so.

But you can't underline the fact, that the centre of midfield dramatically improved after Drinkwater was dropped.

Yes we were still playing crap sometimes, but James and King in particular were performing consistently well. 

When we were playing some of our best football at the start of the season, Drinkwater was playing every game and getting rave reviews - he might have been a bit negative at times, but he was very good at the start of the season.

My only guess with Vardy is maybe Pearson is looking to loan him out, Drinky is a bit of a shock. Unless something as gone on behind the scenes since, if you know what i mean!

Waghorn no surprise, Beckford & Danns should have been given another chance but no surprise, St Ledger as been treated poorly in my opinion.

So is this saying they have been released? I.e. They are gone, we have paid off their contracts and they walk away now?   Or is it just saying they are up for sale?

If so I am really surprised by some of them. Waggy and Drinky could surely have bought in some money? Not to mention the fact they are good standard players.

Gutted to see those two go. Hopefully some good additions on the way though. Come on Nige get it done mate!

The problem with Drinkwater is that in games when we're being over-run and teams are getting in our face, he's never been able to stamp his authority. The same can be said of King, which is why we saw games pass us by when they played together. King has more about him though in terms of goals and creativity but I still think Drinkwater offers us something. It became clear though that James is the more complete midfielder of the three.

Maybe so.

Dramatically improved when he was dropped? I am right in saying we were second in February with him playing almost every game up until that point... and then after that we dropped to 6th with him regularly not playing.

James and King put in some decent performances, James particularly and more regularly than King. But that doesn't hide the fact we had done very well for two thirds of the season with Drinkwater in the team... does he get credit alone for us being in that position? Of course he doesn't, just as he shouldn't get all the blame when we are playing badly.

When the team was flowing he was in the team on merit and was a very big part of that. So making him out to be some piece of crap is massively wide of the mark.

I think King offers more than Drinkwater tbh in terms of goals, but we do need better and I suspect NP will bring in 2 central midfielders a playmaker and a defensive midfielder here is hoping.

So is this saying they have been released? I.e. They are gone, we have paid off their contracts and they walk away now?   Or is it just saying they are up for sale?

If so I am really surprised by some of them. Waggy and Drinky could surely have bought in some money? Not to mention the fact they are good standard players.

Gutted to see those two go. Hopefully some good additions on the way though. Come on Nige get it done mate!

They have not been released, other than Waghorn who is out of contract according to the Merc.

Archived