Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

And it all begins again

I understand that the home club can decline to have sky coverage and some clubs have, so why do LCFC not do this. At least it will wreck the Leeds fans weekend as well, but I bet they still sell out.

Utter nonsense, how many clubs from the top two divisions went bust or even into administration in the 105 odd years before Sky came along??? Exactly.

They are getting into financial difficulty because of Sky.

They get loads of money in which in turn encourages chairman to have higher budgets than are sensible and when they get relegated the difference in money leaves them struggling to pay the daft contracts they have on the books.

It's not just because of $ky, but $ky definitely spiralled things a bit out of control with the amount of money they've poured in, clubs have been ridiculous with their spending ever since.

First point is spot on though.

I understand that the home club can decline to have sky coverage and some clubs have, so why do LCFC not do this. At least it will wreck the Leeds fans weekend as well, but I bet they still sell out.

See this is something I think clubs should fight for, stick there loyalties to the mast, what do they really care about? The fans or the money?

This idea I have would only be fair and only work if all clubs opted for it, but I think all clubs should tell Sky to fuck off, this way the clubs will lose out on money but all clubs will lose out on money so it's as fair as it is when given the money because it's all relative.

They are standing by the fans by doing this and are making a stand for the fans.

Like I said it would only work and be fair if all clubs opted for it.

It'll never happen but in an ideal world....

Guest MattP

It's not just because of $ky, but $ky definitely spiralled things a bit out of control with the amount of money they've poured in, clubs have been ridiculous with their spending ever since.

First point is spot on though.

Yeah I would have tried to explain it better but I'm short for time, basic point was trying to make was before Sky the game was about enjoying yourself on Saturday's with your mates and prestige on those few occasions you won something.

Sky made money the be all and end all. People would rather have an 'investor' arrive at their football club these days than an exciting signing. It's really bizarre, the old boys will tell you about the 80's and early 90's, this will sound daft but the result wasn't usually that important.

1) We didn't get promoted.

2) I very much doubt we'd still be in the same situation, I'd estimate 3 at most games would be moved (That's being very generous aswell) and I'd be very surprised if anymore than 1 were a home game.

Each team has to be shown a minimum of 10 times, so that's that theorem blown out of the water.

Each team has to be shown a minimum of 10 times, so that's that theorem blown out of the water.

Really?

Where have you read?/How do you know?/What is your source?

I'm sure the likes of Norwich for example weren't on Sky 10 times last season, I may be wrong, but I just can't see it tbh. (I don't expect you to, but if you could provide the 10 games they were on it'd be splendid)

This has got beyond a ****ing piss take now!! Our last Saturday 3pm home game was 9th March v Sheff Wed so by the time the Brum game comes around that'll be almost six months between the two. And i wouldnt be suprised to see this one moved aswell. Even if not for sky i believe the egg chasers have a pre season friendly at Welford rd on that day!!

No skin off my nose, I'll be there regardless.

I know everyone's pissed off but had we got promoted last season we'd still be in the same situation now

1) We didn't get promoted.

2) I very much doubt we'd still be in the same situation, I'd estimate 3 at most games would be moved (That's being very generous aswell) and I'd be very surprised if anymore than 1 were a home game.

Really?

Where have you read?/How do you know?/What is your source?

I'm sure the likes of Norwich for example weren't on Sky 10 times last season, I may be wrong, but I just can't see it tbh. (I don't expect you to, but if you could provide the 10 games they were on it'd be splendid)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/7869797/Premier-League-on-Sky

ALL CLUBS: Every Barclays Premier League team will be shown live at least twice in the first set of Sky Sports fixtures with all three newly promoted clubs shown live at least three times.

It will not be many years before the Premiership in England goes bust. It is like a big fat bubble that is getting bigger and the more the big clubs pay in wages the bigger the crash will be when this finally happens.

I think it will start with Sky losing a lot of the football rights and we will see someone like Abramovich pull out of Chelsea and once one so called big club goes bust plenty more will follow.

This will be great news for football in this country as we can go back to bringing our own players through and the England national team will benefit also.

Another bonus will be we will have no more micky mouse clubs like Wigan in the prem just because they have bought there way in, it will go back to clubs backed by fans who will prosper.

Anyone who thinks it will go on like it is now is deluded in my opinion.

Yeh three times within the first set of fixtures?!

I was backing my argument against 'Ford Super Sunday' claim that a team is to be shown a minimum of 10 times tbh not you, although i'm fairly confident in my claim that we wouldn't be on Sky half as much in the Premiership as we are in the Championship.

I only estimated that 3 at most games would be show on TV, I was guessing at the time, seems I could be wrong, although in that article they haven't said anything about guaranteeing any more games from the promoted clubs being shown, you would think they would though.

The first set of fixtures in my interpretation is the fixtures they have listed at the bottom of that page, that list runs from August to November, I very much doubt between November and May they would show another 3 games (Making the total 6 games) and I certainly think Ford Super Sunday's claim that they show each team a minimum of 10 times is highly unlikely as I can see them showing a further 7 games within that time, I may be wrong but I need something to back that claim up to believe it.

TV SELECTION: @LUFC v @swfc has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sat 17th Aug (KO 1215) #TVgame

Our game against Dierby will be on the Friday then! :dry: 

I would have taken a 12.15 kick off for our game against Leeds as at least it's still a Saturday. No football on Saturday, especially the first home game of the season just doesn't feel right.

No skin off my nose, I'll be there regardless.

I know everyone's pissed off but had we got promoted last season we'd still be in the same situation now

Doubt it.

Southampton and Norwich had a significant amount of home games played on Saturday, mostly at 3pm. We'd be in that group.

Utter nonsense, how many clubs from the top two divisions went bust or even into administration in the 105 odd years before Sky came along??? Exactly.

They are getting into financial difficulty because of Sky.

They get loads of money in which in turn encourages chairman to have higher budgets than are sensible and when they get relegated the difference in money leaves them struggling to pay the daft contracts they have on the books.

Spot on.

Archived