Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Is dullard a Sheffield term? lol

I don't think so, I grew in Leicestershire and still know it. 

Schlupp has had a lot of time, I had my doubts about him and I still do, he just doesn't seem to be a very good footballer in a lot of ways yet he's still capable of doing great things. He might be another one who's getting by on his athleticism but if it enables him to do a job then fair enough.

Vardy was written off a couple of times by a lot of people for being below average for 6 months. Maybe it was that whole delusions of grandeur thing at the time but I just don't understand it when it's clear that a lot of players can take 12 months or so to start showing their true ability. It works the other way as well, you saw it in players like Ben Marshall. A few solid performances and cracking goals in the first few months and he's going to be a worldly. 

This is the first time I've seen two contradictory posts from you on the same page... Three posts above that one you were quoted laying into Pearson for signing him. Is it the first time it's happened or am I usually just too lazy to check??

It's an old thread mate, resurrected.

Look at the dates and times of the posts.

Some people are going back, literally to 2013 to make a point.

(Unless I've read it wrong).

Players form changes.

To keep resurrecting opinions that were made 2 years ago is proving what exactly?

The RECENT posts I've made about Jamie Vardy have been highly complimentary. 'One of my favourite players' indeed.

Opinions on players aren't fixed. They CAN change over time. But what I do try to do is to make a reasoned verdict (at least in my mind) on a player and don't generally resort to this thing about saying they are 'shite' etc.

My opinion of Vardy has become highly positive. His work rate is exemplary and I'd keep him even though he has only got 5 goals all season.

I don't profess to be able to know which players are constantly fantastic or which will come good and work out or not.

The only exception to that is Schlupp. As far as I can recollect I pretty much have always seen his potential.

I'm glad I didn't fall for the "knee-jerkism" in this thread two years ago. And I'm even more glad it's worked out this well for Vardy.

Just a few months after this thread was created, he gave that particularly positive display against Middlesbrough, when we won 2-1 and he's deservedly been on the up ever since.

Players form changes.

To keep resurrecting opinions that were made 2 years ago is proving what exactly?

The RECENT posts I've made about Jamie Vardy have been highly complimentary. 'One of my favourite players' indeed.

Opinions on players aren't fixed. They CAN change over time. But what I do try to do is to make a reasoned verdict (at least in my mind) on a player and don't generally resort to this thing about saying they are 'shite' etc.

My opinion of Vardy has become highly positive. His work rate is exemplary and I'd keep him even though he has only got 5 goals all season.

I don't profess to be able to know which players are constantly fantastic or which will come good and work out or not.

The only exception to that is Schlupp. As far as I can recollect I pretty much have always seen his potential.

You're probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to sucking up to almost everything of your own output on here. lol

You change your opinion on things as you see fit and as often as a flag changes its direction, waving in the wind.

I'm glad I didn't fall for the "knee-jerkism" in this thread two years ago. And I'm even more glad it's worked out this well for Vardy.

Just a few months after this thread was created, he gave that particularly positive display against Middlesbrough, when we won 2-1 and he's deservedly been on the up ever since.

I don't think you can even call it knee-jerk, he was pretty awful in his first year. It was his transition year mind, but didn't show signs in front of the fans that he would ever rise to the occasion. 

You're probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to sucking up to almost everything of your own output on here. lol

You change your opinion on things as you see fit and as often as a flag changes its direction, waving in the wind.

One of the frustrations I find with you as a poster MC (something I've said before) is that you rarely seem to actually give an opinion on much. Instead you seem to take glee in pulling other people up for theirs, especially when erroneous.

Opinions do change, but at least I try to provide one. And by so doing, it can be shot down. I'd rather express my thoughts on a player, his abilities, why I like him, why I don't. .and be held to account,,rather than not express any opinion OR one that simply coincides with the majority. I can live with that. In fact I'm happy to do so.

And as Mark (above) will testify..I do usually also hold my hands up when I've been wrong on something. Pearson has now caught me out TWICE in this respect!

I don't think you can even call it knee-jerk, he was pretty awful in his first year. It was his transition year mind, but didn't show signs in front of the fans that he would ever rise to the occasion. 

His performances only did turn sour during the second half of that particular season, before that he held up his own pretty well.

From February 2013 onwards, we only won six more games. Pretty sure the entire team let the fans down, not just him (not trying to divert from the topic here).

Or to put it the other way round - it was a big ask of him trying to somehow carry that team through this slump following his transition from non-league, as he can be a brilliant team player, but he's not a natural-born leader/captain.

Players form changes.

Right then, so don't be so certain in your assertions when you criticise. Christ, you always seem to have an agenda!

I'm not saying don't air your opinion, but you'd be much more respected as a poster on this forum if you were just a smidge more reserved and balanced in everything that you post.

By all means say that you think Vardy is in poor form, but don't go to the extreme levels of crticism that only 'Col city fan' can go to if you're aware that things can and often do change. lol

His performances only did turn sour during the second half of that particular season, before that he held up his own pretty well.

From February 2013 onwards, we only won six more games. Pretty sure the entire team let the fans down, not just him (not trying to divert from the topic here).

Or to put it the other way round - it was a big ask of him trying to somehow carry that team through this slump following his transition from non-league, as he can be a brilliant team player, but he's not a natural-born leader/captain.

He wasn't anything to shout about for the first half either tbh, he was more obviously out of his depth in the second half. The only redeemable feature we could tell at the time was his workrate. Yeah I agree with the last statement, it was an horrendous way to end the season which is why certain bitterness regarding some of the players was inevitable. It's pretty pointless bringing this back up anyway, the people who didn't contribute will just say "I always believed".

Shoot me down in flames but with Nugent being injured, I have a sneaky feeling Vardy is going to start the season very well. If he's played... Personally, I hope he's given a second chance. We all know he's quick. If Pearson has coached him on his first touch (I agree with Fleckney Mike, Vardy's first touch is poor) then we could have a player who has really improved and can score goals.

:thumbup:

Never in doubt!

Players form changes.

Written on the same page you resurrected one of your own opinions.

Deary me, Col..... Thats impressive even for you...

Written on the same page you resurrected one of your own opinions.

Deary me, Col..... Thats impressive even for you...

To again make the ironic point that that was exactly what someone else had done.

Ie. Used an old post to make a point, whilst ignoring one that had come a month later.

Keep up buddy.

To again make the ironic point that that was exactly what someone else had done.

Ie. Used an old post to make a point, whilst ignoring one that had come a month later.

Keep up buddy.

nice try....

On the point of Pearson's bad signings, the likes of Neilson, Bakayogo, Futacs...etc aren't particularly bad signings, yes they were doggo but they cost virtually nothing in wages or transfer fees - so far his worst signing is Kramaric and the consensus is that he'll be shithot next season.

Loan would suit all parties, I think. Been nigh on impossible to form a definitive opinion on him considering he was adjusting to this level when he joined and seemed unfit for the latter part of the season. Out of position, ten minute cameos from the bench when returning from an injury isn't really ever going to send off a good impression for a player who's a centre forward. Granted his finishing was rusty but the amount of chances and space he made for others was often invaluable. Nuge definitely benefited.

Worthy of another chance, for me. I'd like to see him farmed out to another Champ club.

Gonna be one of those select few turds who can bask in some vague glory here - I very very rarely get anything right

To be fair to Col, this isn't quite on the same scale as his ongoing dilemma about Leroy Fer...

1 December 2013: he's in!

I'm just watching Norwich now. Yes, they aren't doing well this season but you just look at their squad. They have some very very good players.
Leroy Fer, Hoolihan, Hooper, Redmond, to name but four. All would play in this current City side.
IMO.

26 April 2014: he's out!

Can't see what all the fuss is about Leroy Fer?

24 July 2014: he's in!

QPR today linked with Etoo..another player I wouldnt go near. But also Leroy Fer..a player I do think would be a good signing.

22 Aug 2014: still in... still in...!

But the gist of this thread was the business that QPR have done so far. I'm with the posters who claimed that our fans would have been well excited, nay jizzing? at the thought of signing Isla, Caulker and Leroy Fer. Not everyone, naturally, but I dare say most of us would have been happy with these players?

27 May 2015: and ohhhh, he's back out again...

Leroy Fer (though also overrated really) is better than Barton now, I'd suggest. And I wouldn't want him anymore either.

Poor old Leroy...

To be fair to Col, this isn't quite on the same scale as his ongoing dilemma about Leroy Fer...

Poor old Leroy...

lol lol

Poor old Leroy...

Like something from mediawatch on football365

On the point of Pearson's bad signings, the likes of Neilson, Bakayogo, Futacs...etc aren't particularly bad signings, yes they were doggo but they cost virtually nothing in wages or transfer fees - so far his worst signing is Kramaric and the consensus is that he'll be shithot next season.

neilson was good and his throw ins were a major asset 

Archived