Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GorlestonFox

New seasons kit photo shoot

Danns was also given a key players squad number.

You can't predict fallouts.

Please don't tell me you buy into Alan Young's rubbish about the shirt numbers 1-11 being our first team in Nigel's head at the start of the season? 'Cause he'd really be playing Vardy as a lone striker wouldn't he...

Also Knockaert 24, Nugent 35, Wood 39.  

Please don't tell me you buy into Alan Young's rubbish about the shirt numbers 1-11 being our first team in Nigel's head at the start of the season? 'Cause he'd really be playing Vardy as a lone striker wouldn't he...

Also Knockaert 24, Nugent 35, Wood 39.  

This. It's mostly the players who choose their numbers, and Danns chose 8 so he could slyly add an s and then PEARSON underneath before matches. Pity he never got to do it...

The players who are chosen for the photo shoot are normally the players expected to be ones playing the most matches?

Normally its a GK, Defender, Midfielder & Striker.

If moore is the defender chosen for the photoshoot...

It's okay I'm overthinking.

Only panic if Conrad is launching the GK kit.

Kasper is in Denmark...............

Yes. But the reason is because the other clubs have the common sense to release their kits earlier than us. By releasing your kit early they can go on sale over a longer period.

The other year the season had started before we released our away kit. The first anyone saw of it was when the plays took the field.

Are we the only club who make a big deal about a kit release?

It seems like every summer the club are doing little sneak previews of the kit and making out its a big deal. I'd rather them spend more time concentrating on ensuring the quality of the shirt is improved.

Its the bloody fans pining after it as much as anything else. I've either only recently started noticing the amount of fans fawning over it or it has definitely got more pathetic. I mean, we're not Cardiff, so we know the shirt is gonna be blue right? It'll have our badge in the middle or top left of the shirt, and it's going to be by Puma. Oh and the sponsor will fall off after a couple of hot washes

Its the bloody fans pining after it as much as anything else. I've either only recently started noticing the amount of fans fawning over it or it has definitely got more pathetic. I mean, we're not Cardiff, so we know the shirt is gonna be blue right? It'll have our badge in the middle or top left of the shirt, and it's going to be by Puma. Oh and the sponsor will fall off after a couple of hot washes

Totally agree.

I'm not bothered either way what the shirt looks like. I've not bought one in over 10 years and that won't be changing.

God knows why we are delaying this, once you've seen one championship puma kit, you've seen them all! It will be a major let down!

I remember Puma and the club's marketing teams mentioning last year's kit was inspired by some old Italy kit. That was one of the saddest, most pretentious things I've ever read.

The club used to make a bigger deal out of it. They used to slowly reveal the kit over the space of a few hours. They are bound to make a fuss, it would make bad business sense if they did nothing.

I don't see what the problem is with fans being interested in what the new kit will look like though? How's that affecting you exactly?

There are people, like myself, who are interested in kits and such like. For me it's from a design perspective and the fact I'll be staring at it for the next year. If your not interested, fine, but some people are.

Tad cynical but see your point although people can do what they want. I'm genuinely not at all bothered by it anymore though.

The club used to make a bigger deal out of it. They used to slowly reveal the kit over the space of a few hours. They are bound to make a fuss, it would make bad business sense if they did nothing.

I don't see what the problem is with fans being interested in what the new kit will look like though? How's that affecting you exactly?

There are people, like myself, who are interested in kits and such like. For me it's from a design perspective and the fact I'll be staring at it for the next year. If your not interested, fine, but some people are.

Of course it does make business sense. It just seems all a bit daft over something that you know eventually will be out on sale and will be available from about next week to this time next year 24/7.

Anyway, have we always changed kit every season? I'm trying to think back pre King Power ownership

Of course it does make business sense. It just seems all a bit daft over something that you know eventually will be out on sale and will be available from about next week to this time next year 24/7.

Anyway, have we always changed kit every season? I'm trying to think back pre King Power ownership

Nah, but it's the norm now. What was the last kit we had for more than one season?

It takes a long time for them to release the kit as they have to run rigorous tests to ensure the letters will fall off after a few washes. We wouldn't want a shirt that lasted more than a month would we.

Archived