Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

No (or few) Friday night games next season

Football for TV needs restructuring. I think all Championship, League 1 and 2 games should be Saturday 3pm kick offs. With the exception of one game at 5.30 for TV. Maybe even have a League 1 game changed for Friday. Then all Premier league games should be played on Sunday with about 4 live games for TV and one Monday night game. 

I noticed a 4.30 Sunday kick off for one of ours. Is this new for Sky or anything to do with the new BT Sports?

I think that's just for the opening couple of weekends, before the Premier League get's going.

Premier League BT Sport games will be Saturday lunchtime as well.

Football for TV needs restructuring. I think all Championship, League 1 and 2 games should be Saturday 3pm kick offs. With the exception of one game at 5.30 for TV. Maybe even have a League 1 game changed for Friday. Then all Premier league games should be played on Sunday with about 4 live games for TV and one Monday night game. 

Sky want games on most if not all nights of the week. It's no good to them to have a jam packed weekend and nothing to show for the rest of the week.

I noticed a 4.30 Sunday kick off for one of ours. Is this new for Sky or anything to do with the new BT Sports?

Think that's due to the game following on from the Charity (sorry Community) Shield, I could be wrong though

Doesn't say anything about Thursdays!

We're stuck with them, unfortunately. Take this quote from page 24 of the tender document...

Package Four:

The Football League Live Match Package 4

The right and obligation to Transmit live a total of 10 Matches from The Championship on a Thursday evening, of which a minimum of six in any Season may be selected on a first pick basis from Matches scheduled to be played on a mid-week night (excluding any Bank Holidays) in the fixture list, and the remainder picked from either midweek or weekend fixtures as available.

Archived