Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Foxestalk dream night out

There aren't the characters there were five years ago on here, but there also isn't the same level of nastiness. 

Imagine organising an FT night out after this bad boy.....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/55075-mr-daggers/

I got bored after reading the first 5 posts. Is it four pages of utter drivel? Glad I never really used the forum back then!

edit, I've just realised that thread exceeds 6 pages??! I know some threads on here go off topic a bit still but snoring hell!

I got bored after reading the first 5 posts. Is it four pages of utter drivel? Glad I never really used the forum back then!

edit, I've just realised that thread exceeds 6 pages??! I know some threads on here go off topic a bit still but snoring hell!

Reminds me of when the oggmeister and the other dweeb turn up at Wernham Hogg on red nose day. Lots of barely controlled, excitable giggling, nothing actually funny.

lol you lads can say what you want, I can say with some conviction the forum was a much better place from 06-08 than it is now and I don't have a Inferiority complex biasing my opinion.

For one we were shit and there was no chance of that changing anytime soon so the place was mainly made up of committed fans, there were two or thee times the number of genuine unique individuals with interesting takes on things, most importantly it was possible to have a sensible discussion in the Leicester City forum on players, tactics, potential signings,  without every topic ending with a debate on weather Pearson should be sacked or not.

Even Thracians ramblings about the youth team are preferable to some of the guff that gets posted in there now. I normally last 10 minutes before I lose my temper and have to come in here or General Sport just to get away from it, the Kasper Schiemical thread is a great example, I was reading some great points made by Ric (a very knowledgeable bloke who posted a lot more back then than he does now) in which he expressed concerns on not selling him and some genuine reasons why he thought we weren't going to have a great season. If you go over to that thread now you will see it has descended into  "Anti-Pearson Brigade" vs "Pearson Lovers" Round 4001

I don't go much on the football side as I do not go down regular so do not feel I can give a constructive viewpoint. On General Chat I can be myself Well some of the times. I have a satirical SOH which may not always be apparent. I have no strong views other than just tg treat people as I find them and not to judge anyone on preconceived misconceptions and stereotypes.

I have only put one person on hide and I feel a little guilty about that as I am sure they are OK really probably not a favourite person but you cannot love everyone can you? I think we have chemicals inside us that react if a peron is not compatable which causes us to say or write as on here a negative response. But I fhave always found posters on here good and most are good at banter which at the end of the day is what life is about.

Enjoy.

Guest MattP

lol you lads can say what you want, I can say with some conviction the forum was a much better place from 06-08 than it is now and I don't have a Inferiority complex biasing my opinion.

For one we were shit and there was no chance of that changing anytime soon so the place was mainly made up of committed fans, there were two or thee times the number of genuine unique individuals with interesting takes on things, most importantly it was possible to have a sensible discussion in the Leicester City forum on players, tactics, potential signings,  without every topic ending with a debate on weather Pearson should be sacked or not.

Even Thracians ramblings about the youth team are preferable to some of the guff that gets posted in there now. I normally last 10 minutes before I lose my temper and have to come in here or General Sport just to get away from it, the Kasper Schiemical thread is a great example, I was reading some great points made by Ric (a very knowledgeable bloke who posted a lot more back then than he does now) in which he expressed concerns on not selling him and some genuine reasons why he thought we weren't going to have a great season. If you go over to that thread now you will see it has descended into  "Anti-Pearson Brigade" vs "Pearson Lovers" Round 4001

Don't think anyone would argue the football side of the forum has gone downhill.

Don't think anyone would argue the football side of the forum has gone downhill.

I'd say Gen Chat has too. There were arguments but they tended to stay contained in threads on the subject, more or less.

Some of the TPH / Thracian stuff got a bit personal but you didn't have trolls like Chandler turning every, single, ****ing thread in to a row. You don't help by galloping in to feed him all the time either, Matt, to be honest.

Friday on here used to be a right giggle. You'd have a couple of silly threads going on for pages and pages of just drivel. Not exactly the wittiest banter but it was light hearted and silly and the majority just wanted to enjoy themselves with a distraction from work.

The fact Moose keeps quoting a silly quote from Daggers about "favourite rocks" and taking it seriously to attack him with, with little or no apparent hint of irony, just shows how lacking this place has gotten in terms of casual silliness.

I'd say Gen Chat has too. There were arguments but they tended to stay contained in threads on the subject, more or less.

Some of the TPH / Thracian stuff got a bit personal but you didn't have trolls like Chandler turning every, single, ****ing thread in to a row. You don't help by galloping in to feed him all the time either, Matt, to be honest.

Friday on here used to be a right giggle. You'd have a couple of silly threads going on for pages and pages of just drivel. Not exactly the wittiest banter but it was light hearted and silly and the majority just wanted to enjoy themselves with a distraction from work.

The fact Moose keeps quoting a silly quote from Daggers about "favourite rocks" and taking it seriously to attack him with, with little or no apparent hint of irony, just shows how lacking this place has gotten in terms of casual silliness.

I guess one man's "casual silliness" is another man's ultra-nerdy, effeminate flirting.

Would be interesing to see the visitor numbers between then and now though.

I guess one man's "casual silliness" is another man's ultra-nerdy, effeminate flirting.

The site has grown year on year, it's no reflection of the quality, it has just become more well known.

Let's go Amsterdam.

I'm in.

Not really given we were shit and didn't have a pot to piss in for the majority if the mid - late 00's and were getting 16k at some league games. Funny how a lot of people started to care when we looked like we might get back into the Prem.

And you can say what you want about general chat, the Leicester City Forum is a car crash compared to how it used to be. 

Not really given we were shit and didn't have a pot to piss in for the majority if the mid - late 00's and were getting 16k at some league games. Funny how a lot of people started to care when we looked like we might get back into the Prem.

And you can say what you want about general chat, the Leicester City Forum is a car crash compared to how it used to be. 

Sven must've brought in a lot of outsiders to the forum.

Archived