Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

3-5-2?

Do we have the squad depth for a 3-5-2?

We only have 2 decent wing backs.

Only 3 decent center backs.

When you put it like that, the squad is too small to really be 'made' for anything, but I'd personally favour a 3-5-2 or something a bit different over 4-4-2. It can be effective but it's very predictable.

The wing back would be without a doubt the most important player in this formation. I definitely think you'd need a couple more adding simply because of the energy they'd have to use.

Yeh, how dare anyone discuss a potential formation on a football forum lol you clown.

He could quite easily have played 4-4-2 in both halves so the fact people are discussing it is fair. Plus I'd rather talk about actual football than half the bullshit that gets spouted on here.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19520166-detail/story.html?#axzz2Z68L1GS3

Pearson tried out some new tactical ideas, playing his side in a 3-5-2 formation during the first half with Jeffrey Schlupp and Ritchie De Laet out wide and the City boss thought this worked really well.

"We gave the ball away a little bit too much but I think you saw with Jeff and Ritchie that their game is suited to that system in terms of utilising their pace in wide areas. It's always nice to have another trick up your sleeve so to speak."

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19520166-detail/story.html?#axzz2Z68L1GS3

Pearson tried out some new tactical ideas, playing his side in a 3-5-2 formation during the first half with Jeffrey Schlupp and Ritchie De Laet out wide and the City boss thought this worked really well.

"We gave the ball away a little bit too much but I think you saw with Jeff and Ritchie that their game is suited to that system in terms of utilising their pace in wide areas. It's always nice to have another trick up your sleeve so to speak."

Pearson realises plan B is an option shocker!!!!

Maybe this season won't be as dire as i was first expecting!!!!

I wonder if he's seen how much damage it caused last season with the players he acquired at Hull. Bruce basically had Pearson's squad last season and made minor changes in the transfer market but implemented a 3-5-2 instead of a 4-4-2 with the players and gets promotion. 

The 3 centre backs would be interesting who he'd select.

As SSL has been told he can go, i'd imagine : -

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

Although would love to see :-

Moore

Morgan

Taft

With RDL and the Schluppenator bombing down the wings, we'd be well sorted.

The 3 centre backs would be interesting who he'd select.

As SSL has been told he can go, i'd imagine : -

Moore

Morgan

Whitbread

Although would love to see :-

Moore

Morgan

Taft

With RDL and the Schluppenator bombing down the wings, we'd be well sorted.

We will need a new defender.

A defender should be our top priority. 

If this is the plan I think we will definitely need a new CB, poss a new LB too (I'm not convinced Schlupp or Konch could do a job at LWB consistently). If Drinky goes will need another CM too surely?

Actually, with the squad we've got this would probably be the best option. De Laet and Schlupp are probably natural wing backs (Schlupp's a winger really, and De Laet is much better going forward that defending). Dyer and Marshall are inconsistent so not bothered if they don't start, and Knockaert can play in his best position.

Realistically we'll need to add 2 centre backs though and probably still another left back in case we want to change it up, as well as the competition in midfield and up front.

So if we decided to play this we'd probably need to buy even more players. Since we're struggling to sign players I can't see that being a good idea.

Actually, with the squad we've got this would probably be the best option. De Laet and Schlupp are probably natural wing backs (Schlupp's a winger really, and De Laet is much better going forward that defending). Dyer and Marshall are inconsistent so not bothered if they don't start, and Knockaert can play in his best position.

Realistically we'll need to add 2 centre backs though and probably still another left back in case we want to change it up, as well as the competition in midfield and up front.

So if we decided to play this we'd probably need to buy even more players. Since we're struggling to sign players I can't see that being a good idea.

Like I've said on other threads Kitch.

I honestly think a couple of loan signings is our best bet. 

Premier League clubs will want to be sending their players out on loan, their are a number of centre backs and left backs, who I have seen are being allowed to leave on loan, to gain game time and experience. 

Centre back wise, Morgan, Whitbread & Moore for me is good, but St Ledger will more than likely go, therefore I would bring in a loan like we did with Keane last season. Left back, Konchesky is ideal for rotation. I wouldn't mind seeing Schlupp start more often up front, wouldn't mind him seeing him on the wing. I've seen fans say we need another winger, but for me I'm more than confident in Knockaert, Dyer & Marshall, and as Schlupp can play there I'm happy with our options in the wing position.

Defence should be our priority, and if Pearson wants to add a midfielder or another striker, then that will be a nice added bonus.

But for me some loans would be ideal, especially at centre and left back.

3-5-2 would be the best formation for us to play. It also benefits the academy lads as some of them would be great in it. For example Sesay is a very quick RB and could challenge RDL. Cain has an extra slot to fight for and being the most impressive player he could benefit playing with Kingy and James. Then there is Taft, Not only will he be fighting for a slot with not many players available for. Instead hes fighting for 2 slots. 

Gally, Marshall, Wellens, Danns could also be used a little more in the middle or wide. Its a thumbs up from me.

Kasper

De Laet (Wing back)

Moore

Morgan

New CB

Schlupp (Wing back)

James

King

Knockaert

Wood

Nugent.

Hull never played a 3-5-2 last season, they played 5-3-2 with wingbacks.

This but with Konch in the new cm position, def do a job there has moved centrally for us in the past and would provide good defensive cover for schlupp on left. Whitbread possibly too

This but with Konch in the new cm position, def do a job there has moved centrally for us in the past and would provide good defensive cover for schlupp on left. Whitbread possibly too

This is a shout to be fair. The wide CB's are a hybrid of defensive full backs and centre backs. Konchesky has lost his legs but he's still quick enough for that position. Strong in the air and good on the ball. Still would like to see Taft get thrown in there though, got a soft spot for the giant.

This is a shout to be fair. The wide CB's are a hybrid of defensive full backs and centre backs. Konchesky has lost his legs but he's still quick enough for that position. Strong in the air and good on the ball. Still would like to see Taft get thrown in there though, got a soft spot for the giant.

How tall is he? Gotta be 6ft 4.

How about if we are going to play 3-5-2, play Moore as the right sided defender and Konchesky as the left sided defender that way when each wing back goes forward one of Moore or Konchesky can move to cover their runs forward.  So my 3-5-2 would be

Schmichael

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

De Laet

Schlupp

King

James

Knockaert/Marshall

Nugent

Wood/Vardy

Archived